GC for parent

RCR

Has anyone tried to bring parents to US and sponsor their gc so they don't have to go back?

how long does it take to get the Indian passport? how to provide proof of dob if there are no docs?

Is it legal to file for their gc while they are in US on a visitor visa? or should it be initiated while they are in india or here on a different type of visa?

how do you take care of them when they get really old and you have no help? I have not seen anyone dying in real life but how do we care for them when they are in their final years and reach end of life? maid for long term care, health insurance, expenses...?

I plan to sell the property in india and bring that money and my mom to US and take care of her. Is that a good idea?

thanks

inni doubts oke thread lo ante kashtam.

You can post atleast 4 threads.

1) parent GC

2) Land ownership

3) Property for sister

4) Property for brother's widow

For better responses. Intha paragraph chadive opika chala mandiki undadhu

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, DalchanChekka said:

inni doubts oke thread lo ante kashtam.

You can post atleast 4 threads.

1) parent GC

2) Land ownership

3) Property for sister

4) Property for brother's widow

For better responses. Intha paragraph chadive opika chala mandiki undadhu

thanks bro.

i just joined and did not want to sound like a spammer by posting multiple posts.

i just split the post into 3 different posts.

15 minutes ago, RCR said:

I meant Indian passport for my mom bro.

I am a gc and my citizenship is in progress.

Wow... Neeku USA citizenship process lo undi. Mee mom ki indian pp kooda ledhu.. and u complain on ur siblings saying they are not taking care of ur mom. Lol

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, RCR said:

You can sponsor GC to parents if you are citizen, you can sponsor when they are here on B2 but GC processing for parents takes 6 months to 1 year but high chances of they will go out of status for brief period… B2 extension they might deny due to proved immigrant intent…

you can also sponsor for parents while they are in India, in this case they won’t get entry to USA on B2 anymore as they showed immigrant intent … they can only enter on GC

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vaampire said:

Wow... Neeku USA citizenship process lo undi. Mee mom ki indian pp kooda ledhu.. and u complain on ur siblings saying they are not taking care of ur mom. Lol

Good point 

may be in-laws unnaru emo all these years

2 minutes ago, Vaampire said:

She never applied for a passport because she never wanted to visit US. now my brother is dead, she became old and she has no other option. my mom has been living off the income from the property. they were not taking care of her.

43 minutes ago, Vaampire said:

Passport? Do u mean indian passport or us passport? 

Us passport antey mundu green caRd ravali.

Assalu first nee immigration status enti?

Us citizenship vaste ga us pp

5 minutes ago, RCR said:

She never applied for a passport because she never wanted to visit US. now my brother is dead, she became old and she has no other option. my mom has been living off the income from the property. they were not taking care of her.

don't worry .... you will get help H&*()

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Vaampire said:

suggestion ivvakapoyina parledu kani mari ala criticize cheyala .... worst :buttkick:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, RCR said:

If you are on GC .... Then your parents will have priority date .... They will have to file i130 and i485 concurrently..... And also they have to maintain legal status until they get their GC .... 

If you are an US citizen, then apply for GC, legal status dont matter..... They can get their GC in a matter of 1-2 years... If you are lucky they can get GC in 6 months ..... And again it all depends on the immigration officer and field office. 

S Sometimes they may waive interview. If you have all the required docs handy

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RCR said:
Has anyone tried to bring parents to US and sponsor their gc so they don't have to go back?

how long does it take to get the Indian passport? how to provide proof of dob if there are no docs?

Is it legal to file for their gc while they are in US on a visitor visa? or should it be initiated while they are in india or here on a different type of visa?

how do you take care of them when they get really old and you have no help? I have not seen anyone dying in real life but how do we care for them when they are in their final years and reach end of life? maid for long term care, health insurance, expenses...?

I plan to sell the property in india and bring that money and my mom to US and take care of her. Is that a good idea?

thanks

The only thing I see here is your only interest in dissolving asset and bringing Money all to your self?  Is there any property dispute that makes you concern you may loose?any Siblings?

On 12/29/2021 at 6:52 AM, ranku_mogudu said:

The only thing I see here is your only interest in dissolving asset and bringing Money all to your self?  Is there any property dispute that makes you concern you may loose?any Siblings?

even if i sell the property, the proceeds of the sale won't be enough to meet the expenses on my mom living in US for the next 10-12 years she is going to live and i have to spend from my retirement savings (i am ok with that). there would be expenses, health insurance, aide for long term personal home health care on hourly rate (its not cheap minimum wages but more than 60K per year and not covered by health insurance) to help with cooking, eating, bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, mobility, etc. which are going to be expensive.

The above is only long term care expenses by a maid and does not include health insurance, medical expenses, etc. if this sounds crazy, then your point is moot.

• Upvote 1