GC for parent

RCR

1 minute ago, RCR said:

sure bro. no worries.

if we think about community setting which is the only advantage of living in india, there is so much technology these days to keep in touch with people on phone, chat, video, etc. And she would have me and my company.

i don't want my mom to be living in a assisted living center. that would be horrible for a parent to spend their last days away from their own people. even in US, i want her living at my home with an maid's help.

👏👏 you are a good son 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, jays02 said:

Selling the things, you can decide and sell later, too many confusions. First talk about Mom care as good son to give best for her.

Apply for Passport and try to teach the way to come and stay here. Treat above 60 parents like our 6 yrs old kids with love and keep them with us, here or in India.

If they send us to best study income health or anything, we have to give the same best back to them if we know and have gratitude.

If you get citizenship soon then while she is in US, you can apply for GC, you will get in short time. In mean time, try to get visiting visa and get here for 6 months.

If you are GC holder then it will take so much time to get GC.

Local/ state govt is also giving support to senior people above 60, based on your US State you can enquire that. You didn't mention, like in CA you have full support.

If you get mom here, you can give best medical facilities here even with Gov support. Try everything with good intentions. Later you can think of selling or keeping the assets.

After 10 years, if you both want to go back, you will have assets there. You may not get income from them now, but the land value keep on increasing. Don't mix 2 different things.

yeah bro, i am not selling the property right now, only going to put up a "No Trespassing" notice board to keep away land grabbers.

I agree to care for our parents with our own companionship and living in our homes in US than paying a brief visit to them in India once or twice a year.

bringing her on B2 for 6 months is the plan and file for her GC when my citizenship is through.

i agree US has the best medical facilities, clean air, water, food and a good system. what could be better than US for aging parents?

6 hours ago, RCR said:

no, as i said, she has been living by herself with the income from the property. my brother died more than 12 years ago. no one was taking care of her even when my brother was alive. she did not want to come to US and still says No but i think i can convince her based on her current age and health situation. i'll be spending all the proceeds from property sale and some of my retirement savings on her expenses in US in the next 10-12 years.

i said i have no help and am single. maybe i'll also become old when she is too old and we both need long term care. the care providers can also prepare meals. it will be home care.

@RCR me mom USC ayite, ikkada benefits untayi anaukunta, not sure, check cheyandi.

also, meeru kooda aged and single antunnaru. Take care your health too, man.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, krystax_admin said:

@RCR me mom USC ayite, ikkada benefits untayi anaukunta, not sure, check cheyandi.

also, meeru kooda aged and single antunnaru. Take care your health too, man.

Thanks bro. I'll find out.

so far from my research, I found there is not much long term support help from govt for elderly people and medicaid has low income limits (with limited support for like 12 months only) and won't qualify. there is private long term support insurance (not covered by health insurance) but we need to lock into its low rates in our 50's or before we reach 65. Beyond 60 it becomes very expensive like 3X and beyond 70, it is impossible to get it. So most of the long term care expenses for my mom will be out of pocket because she is above 75 already.

6 hours ago, RCR said:

yeah bro, i am not selling the property right now, only going to put up a "No Trespassing" notice board to keep away land grabbers.

I agree to care for our parents with our own companionship and living in our homes in US than paying a brief visit to them in India once or twice a year.

bringing her on B2 for 6 months is the plan and file for her GC when my citizenship is through.

i agree US has the best medical facilities, clean air, water, food and a good system. what could be better than US for aging parents?

You are a green card holder, you should do the visiting visa already and got her here for a trip at least. Mom could be in good position even with this kovid bad time in US.

US is better so you or everyone is here. I know a person, who is in same your situation and has his mom for more than 7 years with best world class health facilities.

Now you know everything, don't worry, start the passport and visiting visa and get her here and keep with you. 

Some people are advising keep mom at other available facilities without having gratitude, like they are keeping away their own children just to earn money without heart. Please don't listen to them.

If you and your family is taking care of old parents, nothing to worry about how she will enjoy in US alone. Mom is not alone if you (or your family) is taking care of her heartfully.

8 minutes ago, RCR said:

Thanks bro. I'll find out.

so far from my research, I found there is not much long term support help from govt for elderly people and medicaid has low income limits (with limited support for like 12 months only) and won't qualify. there is private long term support insurance (not covered by health insurance) but we need to lock into its low rates in our 50's or before we reach 65. Beyond 60 it becomes very expensive like 3X and beyond 70, it is impossible to get it. So most of the long term care expenses for my mom will be out of pocket because she is above 75 already.

Where are you located, state? like CA. Ask social welfare office or existing Indian guys with parents, they will explain you everything, you can find many around any temple.

29 minutes ago, jays02 said:

You are a green card holder, you should do the visiting visa already and got her here for a trip at least. Mom could be in good position even with this kovid bad time in US.

US is better so you or everyone is here. I know a person, who is in same your situation and has his mom for more than 7 years with best world class health facilities.

Now you know everything, don't worry, start the passport and visiting visa and get her here and keep with you. 

Some people are advising keep mom at other available facilities without having gratitude, like they are keeping away their own children just to earn money without heart. Please don't listen to them.

Thanks bro, I appreciate it.

she never applied for passport as she did not want to visit US. Now she has no other option due to her age. I won't sleep until i bring her here.

I agree, US is the best for everything. she may not live beyond 82 in India but she can easily live until 87 or 90 in the US.

26 minutes ago, jays02 said:

If you and your family is taking care of old parents, nothing to worry about how she will enjoy in US alone. Mom is not alone if you (or your family) is taking care of her heartfully.

Exactly! I don't understand why parents would feel lonely if they are living with us right in our homes in the US with our companionship, love and affection. What more could a parent want in their old age? if they ever feel lonely, they can always talk to people in India over the phone, video, chat, email... Small world.

26 minutes ago, jays02 said:

Where are you located, state? like CA. Ask social welfare office or existing Indian guys with parents, they will explain you everything, you can find many around any temple.

IL. Will find out. thanks.

1 hour ago, RCR said:

IL. Will find out. thanks.

If IL is not supporting GC parents then move to CA for Mom and do remote job to anywhere. Give best from heart with gratitude. After you become citizen and she come here then you can ask more questions if you have any. First try for those with good intention by God support.

On 12/28/2021 at 10:07 PM, iampride said:

don't worry .... you will get help H&*()

gabhhoooo inkem anipistundh bey howle 

pelli kaale anta bey TS ki :giggle:

malla saduv motham 

sibling meeda edisetod 

nee avva 

gaa komat gaad gee taad susthe TS yenka padi pelli antad sud CITI_c$y