GC for parent

RCR

12 hours ago, RCR said:

She never applied for a passport because she never wanted to visit US. now my brother is dead, she became old and she has no other option. my mom has been living off the income from the property. they were not taking care of her.

So all these years until your brother death he took care of your mother while you are living for yourself in vomerica… in that case what’s the problem with sharing family assets with ur brother kids… 

6 minutes ago, RCR said:

even if i sell the property, the proceeds of the sale won't be enough to meet the expenses on my mom living in US for the next 10-12 years she is going to live and i have to spend from my retirement savings (i am ok with that). there would be expenses, health insurance, aide for long term personal home health care on hourly rate (its not cheap minimum wages but more than 60K per year and not covered by health insurance) to help with cooking, eating, bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, mobility, etc. which are going to be expensive.

if this sounds crazy, then your point is moot.

To help with cooking enti anna, ante USA old age mom ne tesukochi vere intlo pedthava? 

21 minutes ago, JackSeal said:

So all these years until your brother death he took care of your mother while you are living for yourself in vomerica… in that case what’s the problem with sharing family assets with ur brother kids… 

no, as i said, she has been living by herself with the income from the property. my brother died more than 12 years ago. no one was taking care of her even when my brother was alive. she did not want to come to US and still says No but i think i can convince her based on her current age and health situation. i'll be spending all the proceeds from property sale and some of my retirement savings on her expenses in US in the next 10-12 years.

17 minutes ago, JackSeal said:

To help with cooking enti anna, ante USA old age mom ne tesukochi vere intlo pedthava? 

i said i have no help and am single. maybe i'll also become old when she is too old and we both need long term care. the care providers can also prepare meals. it will be home care.

5 minutes ago, RCR said:

no, as i said, she has been living by herself with the income from the property. my brother died more than 12 years ago. no one was taking care of her even when my brother was alive. she did not want to come to US and still says No but i think i can convince her based on her current age and health situation. i'll be spending all the proceeds from property sale and some of my retirement savings on her expenses in US in the next 10-12 years.

i said i have no help and am single. maybe i'll also become old when she is too old and we both need long term care. the care providers can also prepare meals.

Got it anna

12 hours ago, iampride said:

suggestion ivvakapoyina parledu kani mari ala criticize cheyala .... worst :buttkick:

I will judge people based on the posts. This guy him self said he don't want to share property earned by his father as his siblings dint take care of Mom.. and his brother died decade back and he don't want to share with his family either. 

Inni years USA lo undi mom ki indian pp kooda ledhu antey ithanu valla mom ni Ela choosukunnado ardham chesukovachu. And blaming sibling is not right in this case. Andulo ithani bro chanipoyi more than decade antey athani wife enni kastalu padindi Chinna kids ni take care cheyyadaniki. Inka aa brother wife kooda Villa mom ni choosukovali Ani expect cheyyadam peaks

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, RCR said:

even if i sell the property, the proceeds of the sale won't be enough to meet the expenses on my mom living in US for the next 10-12 years she is going to live and i have to spend from my retirement savings (i am ok with that). there would be expenses, health insurance, aide for long term personal home health care on hourly rate (its not cheap minimum wages but more than 60K per year and not covered by health insurance) to help with cooking, eating, bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, mobility, etc. which are going to be expensive.

if this sounds crazy, then your point is moot.

you are calculating expenses for your mom as a burden? why are you still behind properties in INdia? you moved away..let her enjoy her last days as she likes with th memories of our brother. if you are so concerned..go visit her once or twice a year. 

your another thread shows concern that your mom may give it to your sister or compel you to. you are in a dilemma between property being given to others which you think you are eligible and hence want to bring your mom?

please clarify

34 minutes ago, RCR said:

i said i have no help and am single. maybe i'll also become old when she is too old and we both need long term care. the care providers can also prepare meals. it will be home care.

Since you are single and chitizen why can’t you consider moving to India or visit often to take care instead of making old age mom suffer in US

15 hours ago, RCR said:
Has anyone tried to bring parents to US and sponsor their gc so they don't have to go back?

how long does it take to get the Indian passport? how to provide proof of dob if there are no docs?

Is it legal to file for their gc while they are in US on a visitor visa? or should it be initiated while they are in india or here on a different type of visa?

how do you take care of them when they get really old and you have no help? I have not seen anyone dying in real life but how do we care for them when they are in their final years and reach end of life? maid for long term care, health insurance, expenses...?

I plan to sell the property in india and bring that money and my mom to US and take care of her. Is that a good idea?

thanks

Are you US citizen ?

1 hour ago, ranku_mogudu said:

you are calculating expenses for your mom as a burden? why are you still behind properties in INdia? you moved away..let her enjoy her last days as she likes with th memories of our brother. if you are so concerned..go visit her once or twice a year. 

your another thread shows concern that your mom may give it to your sister or compel you to. you are in a dilemma between property being given to others which you think you are eligible and hence want to bring your mom?

please clarify

no, I did not say my mom may give the property to my sister or compel me to. i'm not in a dilemma.

i am not calculating expenses for my mom as a burden but as my future plan for her well being. i was responding to your earlier comment saying, "The only thing I see here is your only interest in dissolving asset and bringing Money all to your self?  Is there any property dispute that makes you concern you may loose?any Siblings?"

how is she going to enjoy her last days in India if no one is taking care of her?? if I have to bring her here and take care of her, why should they get a share in the property that would all be spent on caring for her in US?

how will US be worse than India for her to spend her last days? US has good health care, weather, water, food, pollution-free environment, system... what guarantees does India provide with extreme pollution, congestion and over population, better than US?

49 minutes ago, JackSeal said:

Since you are single and chitizen why can’t you consider moving to India or visit often to take care instead of making old age mom suffer in US

i am not a US citizen yet.

not sure why you are saying she would suffer in US more than she would in india.

Selling the things, you can decide and sell later, too many confusions. First talk about Mom care as good son to give best for her.

Apply for Passport and try to teach the way to come and stay here. Treat above 60 parents like our 6 yrs old kids with love and keep them with us, here or in India.

If they send us to best study income health or anything, we have to give the same best back to them if we know and have gratitude.

If you get citizenship soon then while she is in US, you can apply for GC, you will get in short time. In mean time, try to get visiting visa and get here for 6 months.

If you are GC holder then it will take so much time to get GC.

Local/ state govt is also giving support to senior people above 60, based on your US State you can enquire that. You didn't mention, like in CA you have full support.

If you get mom here, you can give best medical facilities here even with Gov support. Try everything with good intentions. Later you can think of selling or keeping the assets.

After 10 years, if you both want to go back, you will have assets there. You may not get income from them now, but the land value keep on increasing. Don't mix 2 different things.

1 minute ago, RCR said:

no, I did not say my mom may give the property to my sister or compel me to. i'm not in a dilemma.

i am not calculating expenses for my mom as a burden but as her future plan. i was responding to your earlier comment saying, "The only thing I see here is your only interest in dissolving asset and bringing Money all to your self?  Is there any property dispute that makes you concern you may loose?any Siblings?"

how is she going to enjoy her last days in India if no one is taking care of her?? if I have to bring her here and take care of her, why should they get a share in the property that would all be spent on caring for her in US?

how will US be worse than India for her to spend her last days? US has good health care, weather, water, food, pollution-free environment, system... what guarantees does India provide with over population better than US?

US lo anni unna….maatlada daaniki thana age vaalu undaru kada

dont take me wrong….let her enjoy her time where ever she is comfortable…ipudu india lo kuda assisted living centers unnayi for old age people….she will have her age group to talk to 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, RCR said:

i am not a US citizen.

not sure why you are saying she would suffer in US more than she would in india.

US citizen Kakunda you can’t sponsor GC kada….Extended family ki only Citizens can sponsor 

8 minutes ago, Fish said:

US citizen Kakunda you can’t sponsor GC kada….Extended family ki only Citizens can sponsor 

citizenship is in process and may get it next year. by then if she makes a trip with extension, i thought  i can sponsor for her GC.

31 minutes ago, Fish said:

US lo anni unna….maatlada daaniki thana age vaalu undaru kada

dont take me wrong….let her enjoy her time where ever she is comfortable…ipudu india lo kuda assisted living centers unnayi for old age people….she will have her age group to talk to 

sure bro. no worries.

if we think about community setting which is the only advantage of living in india, there is so much technology these days to keep in touch with people on phone, chat, video, etc. And she would have me and my companionship 24/7.

i don't want my mom to be living in an assisted living center. that would be horrible for a parent to spend their last days away from their own people. Even in US, i want her living at my home with a maid's help.