Telangana announces recruitment for 91,142 vacancies 

hyperbole

1 minute ago, Raven_Rayes said:

that can be corrected in future. with new job notifications more reflective of the median pay in TG.

having a small govt is unsustainable too. major reason by India sucks.

Gujarat is the worst state to live in, for eg. even UP is 100 times better than the trash that is Guj

I am not in favour of keeping the public headcount low , i am only against bloated public expenditure on salaries 

What portion of expenditure should go towards salaries ?  

Just now, Ryzen_renoir said:

I am not in favour of keeping the public headcount low , i am only against bloated public expenditure on salaries 

What portion of expenditure should go towards salaries ?  

the better question to ask is, what is govt expenditure on education, health, etc.

the expenditure towards salaries would be split that way across sectors. Within sectors ofcourse, majority of spend towards salaries should happen in education and health. hiring humongous number of people.

people who work in departments that provide statutory services like RTO etc can be cut to size, both in count and in power slowly.

also state govt can only spend money on maintenance of infrastructure.. majority of funds for infrastructure must come from the federal govt.

It also makes sense to devolve a lot of hiring to municipal level wherever possible.

I didn't actually read the entire thing Hyperbole posted coz I'm bored. he posted something about zonal development, and may be its more decentralization in TG administration. If it is that, then its a good thing too.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

the better question to ask is, what is govt expenditure on education, health, etc.

the expenditure towards salaries would be split that way across sectors. Within sectors ofcourse, majority of spend towards salaries should happen in education and health. hiring humongous number of people.

people who work in departments that provide statutory services like RTO etc can be cut to size, both in count and in power slowly.

also state govt can only spend money on maintenance of infrastructure.. majority of funds for infrastructure must come from the federal govt.

It also makes sense to devolve a lot of hiring to municipal level wherever possible.

I didn't actually read the entire thing Hyperbole posted coz I'm bored. he posted something about zonal development, and may be its more decentralization in TG administration. If it is that, then its a good thing too.

But it still doesn't change the fact that public pay scale is extremely bloated and unsustainable in Telangana 

A monthly pension of 1 lakh+ for a govt teacher is just mental in a state where per capita income is only 2.7 lakh. 

Have you ever seen any country or state which pays over 4 times the per capita income in monthly pension ? 

Is that sustainable ?

2 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

But it still doesn't change the fact that public pay scale is extremely bloated and unsustainable in Telangana 

A monthly pension of 1 lakh+ for a govt teacher is just mental in a state where per capita income is only 2.7 lakh. 

Have you ever seen any country or state which pays over 4 times the per capita income in monthly pension ? 

Is that sustainable ?

I refuse to believe that there are significant number of people drawing that pension you posted.

however I do believe that govt employees shouldn't receive salaries in excess of what is the median pay in the areas they serve. max 1.5-2x median pay (not per capita which is tainted by outsized salaries in the IT sector).

what I wish for is, state govt employees who work in revenue division be cut to size. it can be done in the future. I believe KCR tried it with digitization of land records, though it didn't quite materialize.

this is why when someone who makes 50k in India calls himself poor, I just want to vomit.

I don't suggest employee salaries to be cut because they must've had made plans based on their current salary, but for a better salary management for newer recruits. and for devolving hiring decisions down to municipal level.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

Govt employees are low indeed

But govt employee pay is abnormally high , large portion of expenditure is paid as salaries /pensions 

I mean look at Andhra's situation 50-60% of entire expenditure goes towards salaries of 2% , how is that sustainable ? 

no pensions after 2000, no?

9 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

Is that sustainable ?

I know that the current job notification is for higher and more useless bs jobs in revenue dept and police dept (sick stuff).. but you can make that criticism against this job notification.

I'm just a little happy that there'll 90k less unemployed people on the streets.

however, I want state govt to pay people who mop up garbage in our streets at median pay atleast first. median pay I belive in TG would be 7k-8k a month. I bet these people are paid less than half of this.

14 minutes ago, hyperbole said:

Just checked, last time they called group 1 notification was in 2011 under united state

how much is the average corporation worker who sweeps hyd roads is paid?

KCR should hire 10 times more of them in number and pay them atleast median pay in TG, with permanent benefits.

that's never gonna happen I know.

1 minute ago, Raven_Rayes said:

I know that the current job notification is for higher and more useless bs jobs in revenue dept and police dept (sick stuff).. but you can make that criticism against this job notification.

I'm just a little happy that there'll 90k less unemployed people on the streets.

however, I want state govt to pay people who mop up garbage in our streets at median pay atleast first. median pay I belive in TG would be 7k-8k a month. I bet these people are paid less than half of this.

they are under contract no? i dont think they are permanent workers. idk

Just now, galiraju said:

they are under contract no? i dont think they are permanent workers. idk

they should be made permanent with all benefits that permanent workers get.

if any govt in India did this, I would personally volunteer to suck the d1ck of the chief minister who passes this.

my cousin says that Jagan did this. but I don't trust what he says, and didn't care to check. but if its true, Jagan is awesome.

I don't know internet is full of bubbles of self serving thought.

atleast if you have a themed bubble like only for specific topics, it'd be much better.

because a lot of people online keep making arguments with the confidence that it applies to everyone.

dudes, upto 75% of the people in your amazing city (whichever it is) are living with a salary of less than 15k per month.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

I don't know internet is full of bubbles of self serving thought.

atleast if you have a themed bubble like only for specific topics, it'd be much better.

because a lot of people online keep making arguments with the confidence that it applies to everyone.

dudes, upto 75% of the people in your amazing city (whichever it is) are living with a salary of less than 15k per month.

That's exactly what I am saying if you are earning 25k per month  you are in top 90 % in india 

FKhGC5laAAM5Y9V?format=jpg&name=900x900

Even a sweeper employed by Telangana govt gets paid more than 90% of indians , how is that pay justified ?