Austin becomes the first Texas city to experiment with ‘guaranteed income’

bandababu

Just now, Telugodura456 said:

i agree. Lots of propoganda  so liberals like narsi @Raven_Rayes can pretend something is done for poor whom they secretely despise. Maree 85 households endho - atleast oka 100k aina oka meaning untundhi.

I don't even know the details of the plan. lol. I'm not an obsessive news consumer.

in general I'm for 'guaranteed income' for all. and any start in that direction is good enough for me.

1 minute ago, Raven_Rayes said:

I don't even know the details of the plan. lol. I'm not an obsessive news consumer.

in general I'm for 'guaranteed income' for all. and any start in that direction is good enough for me.

guarenteed income can never happen. what is needed is guarenteed work which pays a living wage.

5 minutes ago, Tomb__ayya said:

inkem,  pani matta em lekunda bathuktham, govt iche $1000 theskoni night druugggggs ammukoni, muggings/brake-ins/jacking  cheskunta bathuktham

lol. covid aypoyindhi.. kotha topic dorikindanno.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Telugodura456 said:

guarenteed income can never happen. what is needed is guarenteed work which pays a living wage.

guaranteed work was already tried. and it led to stagflation in the 70s. they should try guaranteed income now. you try and learn. not by closing mind to all possibilities except ones that the most conservative well heeled musali mundas in society want.

2 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

guaranteed work was already tried. and it led to stagflation in the 70s. they should try guaranteed income now. you try and learn. not by closing mind to all possibilities except ones that the most conservative well heeled musali mundas in society want.

chaaa ..."already tried" amd led to stagflation? stagflations happens with high inflation and high unemployment when work is guarenteed how can there be high unemployment ? guarenteed income can only be means tested and can never work at a population level.

10 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

chaaa ..."already tried" amd led to stagflation? stagflations happens with high inflation and high unemployment when work is guarenteed how can there be high unemployment ? guarenteed income can only be means tested and can never work at a population level.

what was FDR act then, other than a job guarantee program?

2 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

what was FDR act then, other than a job guarantee program?

are you confusing 1930s with 1970s ?

48 minutes ago, Rushabhi said:

state tax lekunda corporate tax cuts chesthe alage undidhi

you need to live in a blue hell hole to understand the value of freedom in TX, TX doesnt stop anyone from staying

Just now, Telugodura456 said:

what's there to be confused? the current era of neoliberalism - govt giving away majority of stake in ownership to private entities, was a reaction to the screeching halt the economy came to, in 1970s, thanks to the popular fdr jobs guarantee programs since the 1930s that were too popular until then to be cast aside.

why wouldn't large scale guaranteed income work? There's enough data from covid packages to derive policy based choices on how to go about it while also keeping a check on inflation.

it may still not work. I don't know. I'm not an economist. But guaranteed income had already been tried, and people don't want to go back to 70s economy.

32 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

mari telava kunda prati dantlu elendukra pedtaavu

3 minutes ago, pakeer_saab said:

you need to live in a blue hell hole to understand the value of freedom in TX, TX doesnt stop anyone from staying

Texas actually taxes its lower income residents more than CA does. lol.

Its a bit like my school calling itself the best in India, while refusing admission to anyone who isnt a brahmin and/or have not secured 95%+ in board exams. joker state Texas.

1 minute ago, pakeer_saab said:

mari telava kunda prati dantlu elendukra pedtaavu

nenem velu pettaledhu.. That idiot Telugodura tagged me.

nee laaga emi teliyaka poyna, telisinattu build up cheyyalsina kharma naakenti. lol.

24 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

if bernie sanders breaks away from dem party, and panders to racists, he can probably sell this job guarantee program on his way to presidentship.

says a lot about that program. that it breeds nazis.

4 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

what's there to be confused? the current era of neoliberalism - govt giving away majority of stake in ownership to private entities, was a reaction to the screeching halt the economy came to, in 1970s, thanks to the popular fdr jobs guarantee programs since the 1930s that were too popular until then to be cast aside.

why wouldn't large scale guaranteed income work? There's enough data from covid packages to derive policy based choices on how to go about it while also keeping a check on inflation.

it may still not work. I don't know. I'm not an economist. But guaranteed income had already been tried, and people don't want to go back to 70s economy.

Yendhi thala thoka leni nee sodha. Eppudo 1930s lo rules have impacted in 70s? have you actualy read anything ? 1970s was due to oil shock and many things.

The new deal was largely succesful and led to many public infrastructure works in america.

Large scale guarenteed dollar income is a tax on rest of the world - if it works. There is no chance guarenteed income will work in non-dollar currencies without leading to inflation.

22 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

Yendhi thala thoka leni nee sodha. Eppudo 1930s lo rules have impacted in 70s? have you actualy read anything ? 1970s was due to oil shock and many things.

The new deal was largely succesful and led to many public infrastructure works in america.

Large scale guarenteed dollar income is a tax on rest of the world - if it works. There is no chance guarenteed income will work in non-dollar currencies without leading to inflation.

so we should go back to what worked in 1950s. lol. idiot.

but why am I surprised.. you are the kind of ethnonationalist scum that believes that people should be given a chance to work just because they are born into an ethnic group.

a lot of your fellow nazis in europe and the US believe it too.