చాపకింద నీరులా ప్రచ్ఛన్న యుద్ధం…

dasari4kntr

Germany, France Divided Over Energy Crisis and China

Rift emerges between German Chancellor Olaf Scholz and French President Emmanuel Macron

PARIS—Geopo­lit­i­cal ten­sions, from Eu­rope’s en­ergy cri­sis to re­la­tions with China, are dri­ving a wedge be­tween Ger­many and France, strain­ing ties be­tween coun­tries that have an­chored the Eu­ropean Union’s econ­omy and se­cu­rity for decades.

The rift was ap­par­ent in the de­ci­sion to scale back a sum­mit Wednes­day be­tween Ger­man Chan­cel­lor Olaf Scholz and French Pres­i­dent Em­manuel Macron. The two lead­ers were ini­tially ex­pected to meet in Fontainebleau, south of Paris, with their cab­i­net mem­bers in tow. That cus­tom­ary dis­play of Franco-Ger­man unity was abruptly resched­uled for Jan­uary, how­ever, set­ting the stage for Mr. Scholz to travel to Paris on Wednes­day for a more mod­est work­ing lunch with Mr. Macron in­side the Elysée Palace.

A French of­fi­cial said the lead­ers dis­cussed the over­all state of the Franco-Ger­man re­la­tion­ship as well as their stances on en­ergy, de­fense and Mr. Scholz’s plans to visit China next month with a del­e­ga­tion of busi­ness lead­ers.

Mr. Scholz’s China trip has be­come a source of frus­tra­tion for Eu­ropean lead­ers who fear Bei­jing aims to pit Ger­many against its neigh­bors. The last time Chi­nese Pres­i­dent Xi Jin­ping vis­ited Paris in 2019, Mr. Macron in­vited then-Chan­cel­lor An­gela Merkel and for­mer Eu­ropean Com­mis­sion Pres­i­dent Jean-Claude Juncker to join the talks, main­tain­ing a united diplo­matic front.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/germany-france-divided-over-energy-crisis-and-china-11666804953

ninna CNN odi propaganda news ..

Europe has enough Natural Gas now, that gas prices are falling into negative. anta..

kaani main reason is they bought so much of gas to stockpile...now they dont have space to store it..

and holding ships off the ports...and selling the gas in negative prices..

Kakruti ante ide.....

============================================================

While the prices of natural gas in the U.S. state of Texas fell into negative territory this week, the prices of natural gas in high-frequency trading in Europe also turned negative at about the same time. Europe and the United States, which are suffering from natural gas shortages, are now absurdly having no one to take over.

Natural gas prices at the Waha Center in the U.S. Permian Basin fell 85% to $0.41 per million British thermal units on Monday, and fell further to around -$2 on Tuesday.

Also on Monday, the spot price of Dutch natural gas futures TTF (ICE Endex Next Hour) once fell to -15.78 euros, a record low. Settled every 60 minutes, the contract is primarily used as a risk management tool for high-frequency natural gas traders, but is not a European benchmark.

The reason for this dramatic situation in Europe and the United States at the same time is the problem of storage.

The natural gas pipelines in the Permian Basin of the United States cannot operate normally as they are already fully loaded, and the natural gas can only be stockpiled in the Permian Basin. In Europe, because the gas storage facilities across the continent are close to full storage, a large number of LNG tankers are congested at the ports of the Spanish Sea and cannot be unloaded.

Trouble with refilling

Due to sanctions on Russia, European countries have been buying natural gas globally since the summer to prepare for the following winter.

At the tireless efforts of the European Union, energy companies and governments are spending huge sums of money to fill up various gas storage facilities within their borders. At present, the average gas storage level in the EU has reached 93.4%, and the natural gas storage level in Germany has reached 97.5%.

In addition to near-full storage levels, there is a huge amount of LNG heading to Europe.

According to statistics, Europe is expected to welcome 82 liquefied natural gas (LNG) ships this month. At present, about 60 LNG ships are sailing to or have reached the north-west Europe, the Mediterranean Sea and the Iberian Peninsula, while there are about 35 LNG ships sitting idle outside Spanish ports because they cannot be unloaded.

This is also the main reason for the negative prices of natural gas in Europe. Due to the lack of available storage space, sellers are now desperate to fine someone to take over the shipment. For this reason, they have to pay money to sell the goods, just to get rid of them. Ultra-short-term spot prices also plummeted as a result.

Russia Presses Evacuation of Kherson as Ukrainian Offensive Looms

Moscow’s attempts at a counteroffensive in Donetsk lead to large casualties, prompting complaints by Russian marines

Rus­sia stepped up the evac­u­a­tion of civil­ian in­sti­tu­tions from the oc­cu­pied Ukrain­ian city of Kher­son, where loot­ing has be­come wide­spread and squat­ters have taken over the aban­doned gov­ern­ment head­quar­ters, as Ukraine re­ceived so­phis­ti­cated West­ern air-de­fense sys­tems that could help it pro­tect its cities.

Mos­cow’s de­ci­sion to mo­bi­lize roughly 300,000 re­servists has al­lowed Russ­ian forces, for now, to sta­bi­lize the front line in most ar­eas, halt­ing the Ukrain­ian of­fen­sives that re­claimed large parts of the Kharkiv, Donetsk and Kher­son re­gions in Sep­tember and Oc­to­ber.

Russ­ian Pres­i­dent Vladimir Putin said Mon­day that 50,000 Russ­ian sol­diers called up as part of his mo­bi­liza­tion drive were now serv­ing with com­bat units in Ukraine, the In­ter­fax news agency re­ported. Mr. Putin said about 80,000 were “in the zone of the spe­cial mil­i­tary op­er­a­tion” and the rest of the al­most 320,000 draftees were at train­ing camps in Rus­sia. Rus­sia’s de­fense min­is­ter said at the end of Oc­to­ber that Rus­sia had sent 82,000 newly con­scripted men to Ukraine in just over a month and that half of those sent to Ukraine were al­ready as­signed to com­bat units.

Missile Strikes Poland Near Ukrainian Border

Polish government calls emergency security meeting after explosion in village 3 miles from border with Ukraine

PRZE­WODÓW, Poland—A mis­sile struck this Pol­ish vil­lage near the coun­try’s bor­der with Ukraine on Tues­day and War­saw said it was con­sid­er­ing whether to sum­mon other mem­bers of the North At­lantic Treaty Or­ga­ni­za­tion for an emer­gency sum­mit as Rus­sia’s fight with Kyiv threat­ened to spill over.

PRZE­WODÓW, Poland—A mis­sile struck this Pol­ish vil­lage near the coun­try’s bor­der with Ukraine on Tues­day and War­saw said it was con­sid­er­ing whether to sum­mon other mem­bers of the North At­lantic Treaty Or­ga­ni­za­tion for an emer­gency sum­mit as Rus­sia’s fight with Kyiv threat­ened to spill over.

The in­ci­dent marked a fraught mo­ment for the Amer­i­can-led al­liance, which has at­tempted to help Ukraine de­fend its ter­ri­tory with­out be­ing dragged di­rectly into the con­flict.

Pol­ish Pres­i­dent An­drzej Duda spoke with Pres­i­dent Biden and NATO Sec­re­tary-Gen­eral Jens Stoltenberg late Tues­day, ac­cord­ing to the White House and Mr. Duda’s of­fice.

The in­ci­dent came on the same day that Rus­sia struck in­frastructure and civil­ian build­ings in Ukraine, in­clud­ing an elec­tri­cal sta­tion that re­sulted in the crit­i­cal Druzhba oil pipe­line sus­pend­ing crude flows. Com­ing days af­ter Rus­sia with­drew from the Ukrain­ian city of Kher­son, the wave of strikes was one of the largest tar­get­ing civil­ian in­frastructure since the start of the war in Feb­ruary.

OG-GO769_8bcc46_300PX_20221115164252.jpg

Pol­ish au­thor­i­ties said they would make a de­ter­mi­na­tion on whether to in­voke NATO’s Ar­ti­cle IV. Un­der NATO’s found­ing treaty, any mem­ber who feels its se­cu­rity is threat­ened can evoke Ar­ti­cle IV and sum­mon the rest of the al­liance for con­sul­ta­tions on se­cu­rity mat­ters.

Poland Says Missile Was Likely Fired by Ukraine Air Defense but Blames Moscow

NATO meeting assesses fatal explosion that occurred amid Russian barrage across Ukraine

Pol­ish Pres­i­dent An­drzej Duda said there was no ev­i­dence that a mis­sile that crashed in his coun­try, killing two lo­cal work­ers, was fired in­ten­tion­ally, adding that it was likely a Russ­ian-made weapon fired by a Ukrain­ian air-de­fense sys­tem.

“Ukraine de­fended it­self, which is ob­vi­ous and un­der­stand­able, by fir­ing mis­siles whose task was to knock down Russ­ian mis­siles,” he said. “The Russ­ian side is to blame for this tragic event.”

Rus­sia un­leashed one of the big­gest bar­rages of the war on Tues­day, fir­ing 96 mis­siles at Ukrain­ian cities af­ter be­ing forced to with­draw from the south­ern city of Kher­son last week in a ma­jor blow for Mos­cow. A mis­sile landed in a Pol­ish vil­lage near the Ukrain­ian bor­der, killing two farm­work­ers and rais­ing fears of a wider con­fla­gra­tion.

“This is not Ukraine’s fault,” said NATO Sec­re­tary-Gen­eral Jens Stoltenberg. “Rus­sia bears ul­ti­mate re­spon­si­bil­ity” be­cause it has at­tacked Ukraine, which was de­fend­ing it­self.

Poland, Ukraine’s most vo­cal ad­vo­cate and chief mil­i­tary bene­fac­tor on the Eu­ropean con­ti­nent, read­ied air-de­fense sys­tems in re­sponse, Prime Min­is­ter Ma­teusz Moraw­iecki said dur­ing a se­cu­rity meet­ing that aired live on na­tional state tele­vi­sion. It also ramped up a diplo­matic ef­fort to bring more sup­port to Ukraine, as the be­sieged coun­try seeks to fend it­self off from Russ­ian mis­sile at­tacks on civil­ian in­frastructure.

In Brus­sels, North At­lantic Treaty Or­ga­ni­za­tion am­bas­sadors held an emer­gency meet­ing to dis­cuss the mis­sile in­ci­dent and to co­or­di­nate the al­liance’s next moves. The in­ci­dent also dom­i­nated a meet­ing of Eu­ropean Union am­bas­sadors in Brus­sels, who unan­i­mously agreed “that Rus­sia bears di­rect re­spon­si­bil­ity for yes­ter­day’s tragedy, for the death of two Pol­ish cit­i­zens,” said Poland’s am­bas­sador to the EU, An­drzej Sadoś.

“This is a di­rect re­sult of the on­go­ing war,” Mr. Stoltenberg said. “Of course Ukraine has the right to shoot down mis­siles tar­get­ing Ukrain­ian cities and in-frastructure.”