***** LAYOFFS THREAD ***** McKinsey plans to cut 2,000 jobs in one of its biggest layoffs

ramudu

Google package is really good.

16 weeks base pay + 2 weeks per every year

16 weeks stocks vest.

6 months medical

on top of it they are officially employed till march 31st.  If they can land in another job by april, that would be awesome for them

52 minutes ago, Guest said:

Severance package is awesome for google almost 6 months..which is really good 

Package is really good. One problem which occurs for all the recently laid off people is finding next job with similar pay.

fb/google/snap/coinbase/stripe etc companies pay very well and all them had layoffs and wont be hiring any time soon. There are not many other companies which can match the pay & currently hiring

6 minutes ago, Vaampire said:

16 weeks stocks vest.

6 months medical

on top of it they are officially employed till march 31st.  If they can land in another job by april, that would be awesome for them

Yah. One of the best sev packages I heard in recent time.

Most of the layoffs are in non technical positions. Also these layoffs is not even 5% of the people that got hired during covid. Non IT field job market is very strong. Even in IT job market is very strong if you have atleast GC. know plenty of people in IT who got recent hired with better pay.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Manishican said:

Most of the layoffs are in non technical positions. Also these layoffs is not even 5% of the people that got hired during covid. Non IT field job market is very strong. Even in IT job market is very strong if you have atleast GC. know plenty of people in IT who got recent hired with better pay.

Em matladuthunnav saami? Google total head count 180k. They laid off 12k today(6.66%).  Pandemic lo 60-70k members ni hire chesukoni untaru. So 20% layoff ippudu

54 minutes ago, Vaampire said:

16 weeks stocks vest.

6 months medical

Genuine question bro..niku inntha timmee yellaa. Morning 4 kke start dbing. 

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Vaampire said:

Em matladuthunnav saami? Google total head count 180k. They laid off 12k today(6.66%).  Pandemic lo 60-70k members ni hire chesukoni untaru. So 20% layoff ippudu

I am not just talking about Google. I am talking about all the companies put together.

22 minutes ago, Netflixmovieguz said:

Genuine question bro..niku inntha timmee yellaa. Morning 4 kke start dbing. 

I sleep early and wake up by 5 in general. But now i am working from india till end of this month. Schedule antha thikamika ayindi us timings lo work valla.

Wife is googler. So evening nunchi intlo idhey discussion.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Vaampire said:

Still 5% is wrong

Let's say your 20% but that is still lot compared to precovid. Also there was an article few days back that all the IT people who got laid off got jobs within 3 months. 

1 minute ago, Manishican said:

Let's say your 20% but that is still lot compared to precovid. Also there was an article few days back that all the IT people who got laid off got jobs within 3 months. 

Things changed a lot in last 2 weeks.

as i said, people who got laid off now will land in job but the prob would be with pay. They may have to take big paycut