Recording interview call , desi vendor

Everydayrunner

11 minutes ago, Everydayrunner said:

Update: I joined the interview call. A young meeting organiser from Bangalore joined the call and asked me to show the ID card.. I politely showed.

I asked him why I am the only person in video why the others not turned on their video as this is a video conference. And the interviewer was late by 5 minutes..

His response was it is not mandatory as per their company interview policies ,  but candidate must be on video call at all times. 

I politely asked don't you think it is unprofessional to have only the job applicant to be on video while looking at blank screen?

.. they said they are not comfortable to be on video and said they are not interested to take the call further...I said thank you then and we all dropped the call at same time.

this is the hghlight, you have every right to be pissed off but in return they are not intersted to take the call further? what a bs sir, 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, tennisluvrredux said:

That's illegal, you can sue them for identity breach. 

Nuvvu cheyavu le kaani evado okadu next ide chesthadu, just saying. 

dvnoiw5_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

1 hour ago, Everydayrunner said:

Update: I joined the interview call. A young meeting organiser from Bangalore joined the call and asked me to show the ID card.. I politely showed.

I asked him why I am the only person in video why the others not turned on their video as this is a video conference. And the interviewer was late by 5 minutes..

His response was it is not mandatory as per their company interview policies ,  but candidate must be on video call at all times. 

I politely asked don't you think it is unprofessional to have only the job applicant to be on video while looking at blank screen?

.. they said they are not comfortable to be on video and said they are not interested to take the call further...I said thank you then and we all dropped the call at same time.

1 hour ago, Everydayrunner said:

You didn't get it. They want me to hold id card and take a mug shot and forward the recording to his team members ..not through a secured channel or ..just a plain open unsecured video file. 

All other agencies record their interview calls and send it through hr  for review while everyone are present in the call and they follow the industry policy when it comes to exchange information.

Industry policy em undi  bro e matter lo?

Desi implementations India lo interviews ilage chesthatyi so US lo kuda common ankutunnaru ankunta.. kani Video recording ki nuvvu okay ainappudu..mug shot ki problem em undi.. nenu kuda uncomfortable ga ne feel avtha.. kani just asking.. mana DL and Passport kuda share chestharu mana vallu job kosam...so mug shot ki em probelm

Nenu old project Implementation ki chesa.. ma colleague ni Interview cheyamaninaru oka Tableau position ki more than 20 candidates ni cheyamnnaru.. so vadu work cheyali and Interviews cheyali.. last ki evarni tiskokunda vadithone Tableau work chepincharu...Result munde thelsina time pass ki Interviews cheyali vallu

• Like 1

unless ppl stop working for WITCH and desi vendors this will be there

might be you said no but there will always be some loveda thirstry looking for job how will even sit on drawyer for a job

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2023 at 1:16 PM, odhu_le_macha said:

Desi implementations India lo interviews ilage chesthatyi so US lo kuda common ankutunnaru ankunta.. kani Video recording ki nuvvu okay ainappudu..mug shot ki problem em undi.. nenu kuda uncomfortable ga ne feel avtha.. kani just asking.. mana DL and Passport kuda share chestharu mana vallu job kosam...so mug shot ki em probelm

Nenu old project Implementation ki chesa.. ma colleague ni Interview cheyamaninaru oka Tableau position ki more than 20 candidates ni cheyamnnaru.. so vadu work cheyali and Interviews cheyali.. last ki evarni tiskokunda vadithone Tableau work chepincharu...Result munde thelsina time pass ki Interviews cheyali vallu

Two different things. I have furnished my dl and details through hr secured channels, that is required for submission. 

There are many regulations in place for sharing your driving license and SSN details. You need to understand us has strict ECPA laws.. sharing personal identity through recorded video showing driving license is serious breach of ecpa law

They want to record my video with mug shots and share it internally through email by cc team members.. that is serious breach of privacy..  

• 2 months later...
On 4/6/2023 at 10:46 PM, odhu_le_macha said:

I am proud of U..Industry needs People like U

On 4/5/2023 at 1:02 PM, Everydayrunner said:

I been invited for a interview with a desi implementation partner 

1. They want me to hold driver license and they will record my video while doing that and share with set of individuals.

I got flipped out and told vendor to cancel the interview..

Am I doing the right thing ? I found it irreverent for some reason.. I told them I m ready to show whatever they ask for but recording me holding ID  and forwarding it to their team is a  breach .. not sure who will post it on YouTube if Interview goes south adding his version to demean it.

The candidates who are interviewing me are 1/3 rd of my experience, I know they might be more technically strong as they probably working on one set of requirement all their career. While I doubt their professional demeanour 

you did the right thing bro

On 4/5/2023 at 11:02 AM, Everydayrunner said:

I been invited for a interview with a desi implementation partner 

1. They want me to hold driver license and they will record my video while doing that and share with set of individuals.

I got flipped out and told vendor to cancel the interview..

Am I doing the right thing ? I found it irreverent for some reason.. I told them I m ready to show whatever they ask for but recording me holding ID  and forwarding it to their team is a  breach .. not sure who will post it on YouTube if Interview goes south adding his version to demean it.

The candidates who are interviewing me are 1/3 rd of my experience, I know they might be more technically strong as they probably working on one set of requirement all their career. While I doubt their professional demeanour 

Vallu video on chesara ledha ... 

Vallu on cheyyakapothe... You can ask them

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/21/2023 at 1:24 PM, kittaya said:

Vallu video on chesara ledha ... 

Vallu on cheyyakapothe... You can ask them

Nope never did ..they said not company policy..they interviewed in dark with camera off

On 4/5/2023 at 11:14 AM, Everydayrunner said:

I conveyed the same. I feel sorry for the vendor kid..he is 21 and worked hard to get me interview..client is not bad..but witch company is implementation partner.

They want me to remove headsets and only talk to speaker..the list of rules go a long way.. I like those rules..not mad at them.. because they are trying to weed out fake candidates..but holding license next to my face and recording it is no short of police 🚨 Iinterrogation ..recording is too much of an ask.

Ask them if they prefer an in-person interview and provide tickets. 

I understand their reasons, but this is over enthusiasm. 

• 4 months later...