Calling Telugu Pandits

Pulkapresident

19 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

have this pdf handy... (this is the oldest dictionary i seen...published in 1900)

http://ignca.gov.in/Asi_data/23507.pdf

i found few words...but ee words not straight words to find meaning...it could be ....సంది పదాలు... so difficult to find the meaning based on word...and also most of them not available in recent dictionaries…

arf6tSF.png

d1wF3uz.png

Z0phOpX.png

gG0FZSj.png

Garikapati pravachanalalo some words ki meaning cheptaru, but he didn't explain this poem. Thanks for the dictionary. 

15 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

interesting...

can you share..more details...what motivates you for this...

hehe.. you are so interested in religion. and religious people.

let me simplify it for you. insecure people are attracted to religion. that's it. Its not a knock on them. insecurity is part of life.

5 minutes ago, Pulkapresident said:

Motivates me for what? 

your journet from athiest  -> agnostic -> thiest...

there must be some thought process...right...

just asking...not debating...

you can ignore..if it too personal..

2 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

people wanting some kind of structure mostly.

2 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

hehe.. you are so interested in religion. and religious people.

let me simplify it for you. insecure people are attracted to religion. that's it. Its not a knock on them. insecurity is part of life.

just trying to understand...not judging...

i have some thought process....i am also moving away from athiesm...but not towards theism...something else...

29 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

have this pdf handy... (this is the oldest dictionary i seen...published in 1900)

http://ignca.gov.in/Asi_data/23507.pdf

i found few words...but ee words not straight words to find meaning...it could be ....సంది పదాలు... so difficult to find the meaning based on word...and also most of them not available in recent dictionaries…

arf6tSF.png

d1wF3uz.png

Z0phOpX.png

gG0FZSj.png

wow.. thanks for the dictionary. even better print than the one I have with me.

very hard to read the telugu script in the one I have.

5 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

When logic kicks in really. As a person who studies in school, atleast the kind of education we have promotes scientific inquisitiveness, so obviously you question the existence of God. When I was in Intermediate, I realized that I only needed to pray to God when I need help with something, like an exam or getting a rank in JEE. Back then, I realized that believing in God was more a superstition, than anything else. When I started college, I realized that God is making me weaker since I am relying on something and someone to help me. When I realized that I was the only one who can help myself, I stopped believing in God. 

1 minute ago, Pulkapresident said:

When logic kicks in really. As a person who studies in school, atleast the kind of education we have promotes scientific inquisitiveness, so obviously you question the existence of God. When I was in Intermediate, I realized that I only needed to pray to God when I need help with something, like an exam or getting a rank in JEE. Back then, I realized that believing in God was more a superstition, than anything else. When I started college, I realized that God is making me weaker since I am relying on something and someone to help me. When I realized that I was the only one who can help myself, I stopped believing in God. 

ok..

Just now, Pulkapresident said:

Later on once, I said something that hurt someone who believes in God. I said that these vigrahams are just bommas nothing more. That really hurt that person. I realized that I have no right in questioning someone else's belief. Later on during my PhD, I realized that in order for you to prove that something doesn't exist is incredibly hard. In other words, in science, the absence of proof is not the proof of absence. That's when I realized that I can never actually show logically that God doesn't exist. So, I became agnostic because I was not sure if God exists or not, and his existence doesn't change anything in my daily life. So, I became agnostic since that's the logical thing to do. 

Just now, Pulkapresident said:

Later on once, I said something that hurt someone who believes in God. I said that these vigrahams are just bommas nothing more. That really hurt that person. I realized that I have no right in questioning someone else's belief. Later on during my PhD, I realized that in order for you to prove that something doesn't exist is incredibly hard. In other words, in science, the absence of proof is not the proof of absence. That's when I realized that I can never actually show logically that God doesn't exist. So, I became agnostic because I was not sure if God exists or not, and his existence doesn't change anything in my daily life. So, I became agnostic since that's the logical thing to do. 

its logical to belive in anything that doesnt exist then. 

3 minutes ago, Pulkapresident said:

hehe..

5 minutes ago, Pulkapresident said:

Ok...i am not judging anything here...

to understand god/supreme..etc is the religion is the only path..? cant we understand god without religion or rituals..?

17 minutes ago, Pulkapresident said:

After that, I started questioning my purpose in life. I wanted to know what I am supposed to be doing and what I should put my effort into. Then, I started questioning about who I am as a person. I have been listening to Garikapati pravachanalalu while doing experiments for a really long time. Ramayanam and Bharatam were more telling you how to be as a person. But, when I started to listen to bhagavatham, I think it helped answer a lot of questions I had about my existence. I think this kind of belief in God is actually making me stronger, because I don't believe in God in idols, or pooja. I think I believe the God in me. In other words, I was more or less in the same state as I was in my college when I was believing in myself, and not in someone helping me. But, the major difference is I feel like I am more powerful as a person than I thought I was. It might be the hardships or the experiences I faced, but it makes me feel like I know better than I did when I was in college. 

2 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

to understand god/supreme..etc is the religion is the only path..? cant we understand god without religion or rituals..?

nothing she said screams supporting of rituals.

its new age spiritualism. perhaps more grounded than the ones pushed by Jaggi, since the source is vernacular and more relateable.

12 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

See my next comment, if you want the answer. In my opinion, religion is like a moral science class taught to a school going kid. Wake up early, do your work, go to school, do your homework, these are things that you tell a child so he knows discipline. But when you grow older, no one teaches you these, you just do them on your own. Religion and rituals are the same, you do it when you're new in the world, so you know good practices, but when you grow older, you realize that there are just in place so you do things in an order. I don't think anyone who doesn't question rituals is in the right path. You need to question rituals to know why you're doing what you're doing. Then you realize if you need to still do them. Example istanu, gudilo pradhakshnalu cheyadaniki reason intamundu telidu naku. I used the question it before. Later, I realized that moodu pradhakshnalu cheste moodu vadileyali ani, avi mudu rajo gunam, tamo gunam, satva gunam. Avi moodu vadileste appudu devudu kanipadani. I still don't do pradhakshnalu. But in real life, whenever I am being lazy, whenever I am comparing myself with others, whenever I feel pride in my achievements, I try to actively reduce the three gunams in my life. I mean, in theory you can't see God if you don't get rid of them, so I don't see the point of going to a temple, when you have all three of them within you.