Calling Telugu Pandits

Pulkapresident

3 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

I gave you like massive examples how it denies any agency to the individual. you just double down.

You are a follower of cultural norms, no one is asking you to follow them. No one is asking to follow rituals. No one is asking you to marry someone from your caste only. No one is asking you to raise your family a certain way. You're doing all that to please people around you. I quoted earlier that Bhagavad-Gita condemns this kind of behavior to follow others. 

2 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

dude, what do you want me to say? lol.

you and I are talking about two different things.

no - we are talking about the samething. Your intrepretation is based on reading some mumbo jumbo like bhagwad gita - most of it was constructed in 19th century under british. i dont blame you for it but i sympathize getting ones head stuck in to that myth making.

Reality of india is the india people live in - where there is no individualty at all. what do you mean "trying to  be brahman" - even @futureofandhra with vivek Dp picture wont say such things.

Have you seen any indian say " iam trying to be brahmin" ?

Just now, Telugodura456 said:

no - we are talking about the samething. Your intrepretation is based on reading some mumbo jumbo like bhagwad gita - most of it was constructed in 19th century under british. i dont blame you for it but i sympathize getting ones head stuck in to that myth making.

Reality of india is the india people live in - where there is no individualty at all. what do you mean "trying to  be brahman" - even @futureofandhra with vivek Dp picture wont say such things.

@3$%

lol. outside of the communist/atheist order in the ethnic group you stan for, every single person who follows the hindu culture is wedded to the idea of attaining the state of brahman, not 'brahmin - the varna/caste'.

so you are a cultural warrior that denies his own culture.

Just now, Raven_Rayes said:

lol. outside of the communist/atheist order in the ethnic group you stan for, every single person who follows the hindu culture is wedded to the idea of attaining the state of brahman, not 'brahmin - the varna/caste'.

so you are a cultural warrior that denies his own culture.

state of brahman ? really ? it would be shocking if even 0.1 percent of indians differentiate between brahmin and this so called state of 'brahman". . Are you sure you are talking about india as it lives or come cuckoo india as read from some lalalaand boooks.

You will be surprised how much Aurobindo and Vivek have lifted from western philosphers like Huxley and gave it a desi spin.

Neither of them wrote the Geeta, the name of the guy who dictated it is Vyasa and the name of the guy who wrote it is Vinayaka. As the story goes, this guy broke his pen while writing it, so he broke his tooth and used it as a pen. 

1 minute ago, Telugodura456 said:

state of brahman ? really ? it would be shocking if even 0.1 percent of indians differentiate between brahmin and this so called state of 'brahman". . Are you sure you are talking about india as it lives or come cuckoo india as read from some lalalaand boooks.

that's why i said high culture. dude, you are just irritating trolling.

I'm not even denying what you said. can you for once argue on the topic at hand, and not make everything about how hinduism is this and that, blah blah..

4 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

that's why i said high culture. dude, you are just irritating trolling.

I'm not even denying what you said. can you for once argue on the topic at hand, and not make everything about how hinduism is this and that, blah blah..

I dont know what you mean by high culture - i dont associate hindu with high culture. Anyway in every hindu culture i know it is a highly collectivist culture where the collective is defined by caste. i have low tolerance of mumbo jumbo which has no resemblence to reality.

8 minutes ago, Pulkapresident said:

Neither of them wrote the Geeta, the name of the guy who dictated it is Vyasa and the name of the guy who wrote it is Vinayaka. As the story goes, this guy broke his pen while writing it, so he broke his tooth and used it as a pen. 

yea i suppose you can beleive them as you have no scientific proof of denial.

Just now, Telugodura456 said:

I dont know what you mean by high culture - i dont associate hindu with high culture. Anyway in every hindu culture i know it is a highly collectivist culture where the collective is defined by caste. i have low tolerance of mumbo jumbo which has no resemblence to reality.

we are talking about philosophy here, not political structure. Indian philosophy is extremely rigorous in applying its logic to every facet of human lifes. They wrote even less theological stuff than their western counterparts.

western thought, even before christ, was about human's connection to the supreme being etc, while Indian thought leaders mostly focused on the most fundamental problems like logic, and human senses and its interaction with its environment.

in theology, we have the concept of becoming part of the supreme being as one of the most defining thoughts of our theological philosophy. everything Indian revolves around the individual, and not groups.

western thought later seems to have borrowed the individualism from us, while we became mindless drones wedded to transitory identities.

16 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

@Raven_Rayes if you agree that it is 0.1 percent culture - why do you insist on calling it indian culture ? do you see such confusion in christian or islamic or other far more real and tangible cultures ?

gah!!!!!

don't have the same discussion in every thread, dude.

9 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

we are talking about philosophy here, not political structure. Indian philosophy is extremely rigorous in applying its logic to every facet of human lifes. They wrote even less theological stuff than their western counterparts.

western thought, even before christ, was about human's connection to the supreme being etc, while Indian thought leaders mostly focused on the most fundamental problems like logic, and human senses and its interaction with its environment.

in theology, we have the concept of becoming part of the supreme being as one of the most defining thoughts of our theological philosophy. everything Indian revolves around the individual, and not groups.

western thought later seems to have borrowed the individualism from us, while we became mindless drones wedded to transitory identities.

facets of human life is determined by law - not philosophy.  that is exactly what indian 'culture' is about - "laws" which create caste structure. The problem is you dont know the ontological meaning of these words. INstead you simply repeat what you read about this ramana maharshi or that vivek etc - they are just charlatans.

'becoming part" of something is NOT individual - it is opposite of being individual. Individual means standing apart - making your own mind.

The confusion in your mind is extraordinary.

17 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

chaaa.... i am beginning to understand where all that soft sanghi behaviour is coming form.