Calling Telugu Pandits

Pulkapresident

10 minutes ago, Pulkapresident said:

See my next comment, if you want the answer. In my opinion, religion is like a moral science class taught to a school going kid. Wake up early, do your work, go to school, do your homework, these are things that you tell a child so he knows discipline. But when you grow older, no one teaches you these, you just do them on your own. Religion and rituals are the same, you do it when you're new in the world, so you know good practices, but when you grow older, you realize that there are just in place so you do things in an order. I don't think anyone who doesn't question rituals is in the right path. You need to question rituals to know why you're doing what you're doing. Then you realize if you need to still do them. Example istanu, gudilo pradhakshnalu cheyadaniki reason intamundu telidu naku. I used the question it before. Later, I realized that moodu pradhakshnalu cheste moodu vadileyali ani, avi mudu rajo gunam, tamo gunam, satva gunam. Avi moodu vadileste appudu devudu kanipadani. I still don't do pradhakshnalu. But in real life, whenever I am being lazy, whenever I am comparing myself with others, whenever I feel pride in my achievements, I try to actively reduce the three gunams in my life. I mean, in theory you can't see God if you don't get rid of them, so I don't see the point of going to a temple, when you have all three of them within you. 

Totally agree dude. And I  had to unfortunately realize in hard way when I was 22 after my first breakup being taught by a stranger from Netherlands visiting India on halfmoon beach in Gokarna shooting joints. And after that, for first time I studied Bhagavadgita instead of reading it (which I did a couple times before) and understood that Fight for what you Believe In and that is ur dharma. everything is BS. Then went to Rig Veda which said everything is temporary even knowledge. For any materialistic/ immateriality to survive, it needs to evolve. And also, ekam sath, viprah bahudha vadanti; Truthe is one, Messengers are multiple. Even I don't visit temples that are built post 1900s. But, the ancient ones, I adore them for their sheer architecture and their ancient science of perfection. and going deep, I realized i don't have a religion but sheer science and wisdom induced into my daily activities my life's wellness. So, it all evolved from Shakthi (in our science term - energy); be it Brahma (Birth Source), Vishnu (Life Source) or Mahadeva (rejuvenation source). It's all energy what we have and what's around us deciding our karma.

2 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

this is just my journey writing.. (two pages from that unfinished incomplete writing...)

==========================================================

పరిచయం 

ఎన్ని దేశాలు తిరిగినా…  ఎంత డబ్బు, పేరు సంపాదించినా…సంపాదించకపోయినా.. 

ఎంత మేధావి అయినా… ఎన్ని విషయాలు కనుగొన్నా…

ప్రతి ఒక్కడూ తన జీవిత ప్రయాణంలో ఒక్కసారైనా తలుచుకునే పదం .. “దేవుడు” లేదా “దైవం”.. 

నాకు ఈ “దేవుడు” అనే పదాన్ని, అందులోని నిజాన్ని అన్వేషించడంలో చిన్నప్పటి నుంచి అమిత ఆశక్తి ఉండేది. ఎందుకంటే దేవుడు అనే పదం తొనే కొన్ని విలువైన తత్వాలు (existence, రియాలిటీ, conscious (చేతనం), free will..etc) ముడి పడి ఉన్నాయి. 

మనం చిన్నప్పుడు “కోడి ముందా?…గుడ్డు ముందా?” అని లేదా “విత్తు ముందా?... చెట్టు ముందా?” అని  రకరకాల పొడుపు కథలు వేసుకునే వాళ్ళం. వాటి అర్థం, పరమార్ధం మనకి అప్పుడు తెలియకపోయినా… ఇప్పుడు అవే cause-and-effect (కార్య కారణ సిద్ధాంతం) లాంటి తత్వసిద్ధాంతాలకి నాంది. అలాగే దేవుడు మనుషుల్ని  సృష్టించాడా? లేక మనుషులు దేవుడిని సృష్టించుకున్నారా? అన్నది కూడా వస్తుంది అని నా అభిప్రాయం. 

సాధారణంగా తత్వశాస్త్ర (philosophy) పరభాషలో రెండు రకాల వాదాలు ఉంటాయి...భావవాదులు, భౌతికవాదులు… 

ఇక్కడ కూడా ప్రాచీన తత్వవేత్తలు ఇలానే … మనస్సు ముందా…? పదార్థం ముందా…? అని ప్రశ్న వేసుకుని, కొంతమంది భావవాదులుగాను … మరికొంత మంది భౌతికవాదులుగాను ...విడిపోయారు …

కొందరికి దేవుడు అంటే అమిత భక్తీ భయం, కొందరికి దేవుడు అంటే వట్టి భూటకం…అది వారి వారి ఆలోచనా విధానాలు బట్టి  ఉంటుంది. ఎవరిది సరైన వాదం అని ఠకీమని చెప్పగలిగే పరిస్థితి లేదు కానీ ఈ రెండు వాదనల్లో ఎంత సత్యం వుంది? లేని దేవుడిని పూజిస్తున్నామా? లేక ఉన్న దైవాన్ని విస్మరిస్తున్నామా?

ఈ రెండు వాదాలే కాకుండా ఇంకా ఏమైనా ఉన్నాయా?

అసలు దేవుడు అంటూ ఉంటే ఏ పేరుతొ పిలుద్దాం? 

రూపం ఉందా? ఉంటే .. ఎలాంటి రూపం? స్త్రీ , పురుష, జంతు, వస్తు , జల , వాయు రూపమా ?  

మతానికి , దేవుడికి సంబంధం ఏంటి? అసలు మతం ఎందుకు?

ఇలాంటి ప్రశ్నలు ఒకదాని పై ఒకటి...ఇంకా ఎన్నో ప్రశ్నలు…లక్షలాది ప్రశ్నలు.. 

ప్రశ్న అడిగితే కోపగించుకునే మతం నుంచి నాకు ఎలాంటి సమాదానాలు రాలేదు… 

అందుకే నా ప్రశ్నలకి నేనే సమాదానాలు వెతకడం మొదలుపెట్టాను. ఆ ప్రయత్నం లో భాగంగా  ప్రతి వాదం లో జీవించాను. మంచి చెడులు తెలుసుకున్నాను తెలుసుకుంటున్నాను. నా ఈ ప్రయత్నం నన్ను నేను నిరంతరం సరిదిద్దుకునే అవకాశాన్ని ఇచ్చింది. 

నేను పుట్టి కొంచెం ఊహ రాగానే..కొత్తగా పరిచయం అయిన పదం “దేవుడు”... 

అసలు దేవుడు అంటే ఏంటీ? ఎవరూ? అని అడిగాను… 

తల్లిదండ్రులు వినాయకుడిని, తిరుమల వేంకటేశ్వరుని విగ్రహం చూపించారు..ఇంకా మరికొన్ని దేవుని పటాలు, విగ్రహాలు  చూపించారు… 

నేను చదివిన క్రిస్టియన్ కాన్వెంట్ లో.. శిలువ చూపి దేవుడన్నారు…ఆ వయస్సులో నా స్నేహితుడు దేవుడంటే అల్లా అన్నాడు… 

ఒక్క దేవుడికి అనేక పేర్లు అనేక రూపాలు… 

నన్ను పెంచి పోషించే తల్లిదండ్రుల మాటే శిరోధార్యం అని..కొన్ని రోజులు వినాయకుడిని , కొన్ని రోజులు తిరుమల వేంకటేశ్వరుడిని ... మరి కొన్ని రోజులు ఆంజనేయుడిని… ఇలా ఋతువుకొక్క హిందూ దేవుడిని ప్రార్ధించడం  ప్రారంభమైంది … 

నేను బాల్యం నుంచి కౌమారం కి… కౌమారం నుంచి యవ్వనం లోకి వచ్చాను … దానితో పాటు .. నా భక్తి కూడా  సాధారణ భక్తి నుంచి మూఢ భక్తికి చేరుకుంది …

దేవుడిని అష్టోత్తరంలో  ప్రస్తుతించడం … సహస్రనామాల్లో కీర్తించడం...మడి గట్టి పూజా నైవేద్య సమర్పణలు...ఉపవాసాలు..దీపాలు ... ధూపాలు…వ్రతాలూ ...మొక్కులు...తలనీలాలు..కాలి నడకన కొండ ఎక్కడాలు…వేకువ తెల్లజామున గుడి దర్శనాలు...101 ప్రదక్షిణలు.. హనుమాన్ చాలీసా పఠనాలు...నవగ్రహ పూజలు... శకునాలు...ఇంకా మరెన్నో.. 

చివరికి … నా ఈ మూఢ భక్తి పర మత నింద వరకు వెళ్ళింది…

ఇతర మతాల్లో.. నా లాంటి మూఢ భక్తుల్ని వెతికి మరీ వాదించడం కూడా జరిగింది… 

నేను నా మతం లో ఎంత మూఢ విశ్వాసాలతో ఉన్నానో.. ఇతరులు కూడా వాళ్ళ మత మూఢవిస్వాసాల్లో మగ్గి ఉన్నారు… 

వాళ్లలో నన్ను నేను చూసుకున్నాను… 

నాకు వీటిల్లో దేవుని కొనుగొనే మార్గం అస్సలు తట్టలేదు…కనీసం నేను ఏమి చేస్తున్నానో కూడా అర్థం కానీ స్థితి…

అప్పుడు నాకు దొరికిన ఒక సమాధానం ...స్వామి వివేకానంద చికాగాలో ఉపన్యసించిన … “బావిలో కప్ప” తత్వం … 

బావిలో కప్ప

స్వామి వివేకానంద గారి చికాగో ఉపన్యాసం యధాతదంగా క్రింద ఇస్తున్నాను ... తర్వాత దాని గురించి వివరంగా చర్చించుకుందాం.. 

Why we disagree

Delivered at the World's Parliament of Religions, Chicago, 15 September, 1893.

I will tell you a little story. You have heard the eloquent speaker who has just finished say, "Let us cease from abusing each other," and he was very sorry that there should be always so much variance.

But I think I should tell you a story which would illustrate the cause of this variance. A frog lived in a well. It had lived there for a long time. It was born there and brought up there, and yet was a little, small frog. Of course the evolutionists were not there then to tell us whether the frog lost its eyes or not, but, for our story's sake, we must take it for granted that it had its eyes, and that it every day cleansed the water of all the worms and bacilli that lived in it with an energy that would do credit to our modern bacteriologists. In this way it went on and became a little sleek and fat. Well, one day another frog that lived in the sea came and fell into the well.

"Where are you from?"

"I am from the sea."

"The sea! How big is that? Is it as big as my well?" and he took a leap from one side of the well to the other.

"My friend," said the frog of the sea, "how do you compare the sea with your little well?”

Then the frog took another leap and asked, "Is your sea so big?"

"What nonsense you speak, to compare the sea with your well!"

"Well, then," said the frog of the well, "nothing can be bigger than my well; there can be nothing bigger than this; this fellow is a liar, so turn him out."

That has been the difficulty all the while.

I am a Hindu. I am sitting in my own little well and thinking that the whole world is my little well. The Christian sits in his little well and thinks the whole world is his well. The Mohammedan sits in his little well and thinks that is the whole world. I have to thank you of America for the great attempt you are making to break down the barriers of this little world of ours, and hope that, in the future, the Lord will help you to accomplish your purpose.

ఈ ప్రసంగంలో చెప్పినట్టు … నేను ఒక హిందువుని .. నా హిందూ బావిలో కూర్చుని అదే పెద్దది గొప్పది అని అంటాను… మరొక ముస్లిం మిత్రుడు … తాను తన ముస్లిం బావిలో కూర్చుని ..తన మతం గొప్పది అంటాడు … అలాగే ఒక నాస్తికుడు … తన బావిలో కూర్చుని ..తన వాదమే గొప్పది అంటాడు … 

కానీ … వీటన్నిటికీ అతీతమైన సత్యం(absolute truth) వేరే అని … అది తెలుసుకోవాలంటే నిన్ను నువ్వు తెలుసుకోవాలని ..కొంత గ్రహించాను … 

అస్తిత్వం ఎలా అయితే భగవంతుడుని చూడకుండా భగవంతుడు ఉన్నాడు అని ఎలా వాదిస్తున్నారో … నాస్తికులు కూడా అలానే వాదిస్తున్నారు అని అనిపిస్తుంది … 

ఈ రోజున నాస్తికత్వం అంటే భగవంతుడు లేడు అని పిడిగా వాదించడమే అనే విధంగా అర్థం మార్చివేశారు ...కానీ నిజమైన నాస్తికత్వం అంటే.. దేవుడి ఉనికిని ప్రశ్నించడమే కాకుండా తర్క వితర్కాలతో మనిషి తత్వాన్ని అర్థం చేసుకోవడం …  

----its inprogress version

I like what you said. My only comment is your writing is more focused on what others believe in than what you believe in. Idi chadivaaka naku Bhagavad Gita lo oka phrase gurtochindi. 

śhreyān swa-dharmo viguṇaḥ para-dharmāt sv-anuṣhṭhitāt
swa-dharme nidhanaṁ śhreyaḥ para-dharmo bhayāvahaḥ 

Deeniki meaning entante your dharma even if it is inferior to others, is the right thing to do rather than copying someone else's dharma that was executed better than yours. My interpretation of this is that your belief should be based on what you believe is the right thing to do rather than what is better. I do not question someone's belief in religion or God, for me what I believe in is more important. 

12 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

rituals are how philosophy is grounded. without ritual rigour, philosophy is inaccessible.

you get conmen like Jaggi.

Philosophy is more about knowing yourself while rituals are more about pleasing someone. 

18 minutes ago, Pulkapresident said:

I took a dump earlier today, it could be God, I didn't ask it. 

you should start beleiving it as god. it would be logical and i cant disprove its existence. you can always argue it changes its shape.

6 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

forget who Jaggi is. Philosophy is inaccessible without the required intellectual rigour. ritual aims to provide a more structured environment where such rigour may be attained. Its not a certainty

empty philosophy is just untethered bs. anyone can say those words as if they understand its essence.

human civilization evolved from tribes...

tribes have rituals..

if we are still in tribe..then your rituals supporting comment make sense....

again...if you are mentioning "empty philosophy"...please be specific...which one you are referring...

1 minute ago, Pulkapresident said:

Philosophy is more about knowing yourself while rituals are more about pleasing someone. 

you can devise your own rituals to attain a certain structure in your thought. you don't have to follow other people's rituals.

knowing yourself needs to happen in an environment where you can parse your experience with as less bias as possible. otherwise its just masturbating to your ego, even though you are telling yourself that your intention is to control it.

19 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

I was never raised in a religious environment, and I actively avoided any kind of interaction with culture.

i obviously possess none of the gunams. what if I get a nobel prize (hehe...) will it destroy me, since I refuse to incorporate those gunams into me?

why is Indian culture so focused on the individual, and fails to instill good social morals? Even american culture is around tribes, but Indian high culture is completely individualist. and it creates hyper entitled people.

indian culture is so focussed on individual? really ? i really dont know how your mind operates and how it distorts some of the elementary observations. 

India is perhaps the only country in the world where there is no individual agency for extremely large majority of people in somethign as personal as marriage. This is a country where the even a SC judge self polices his eating to stick to his caste norms. Where is individuality here ?

2 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

human civilization evolved from tribes...

tribes have rituals..

if we are still in tribe..then your rituals supporting comment make sense....

again...if you are mentioning "empty philosophy"...please be specific...which one you are referring...

every philosophy that straight away tries to explain life and your place in it is empty. you are asking broad questions which need longer answers. but basic point is, philosophy is bs if you can't explain the mechanics of it.

not just tribes, individuals have their own rituals. some kids study through the night. others wake up at 4am to study.

13 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

you should start beleiving it as god. it would be logical and i cant disprove its existence. you can always argue it changes its shape.

Don't know about you, but poop plays a very important role in my life. My biggest fear in life is having to go take a dump and not finding a toilet. Most of my nightmares since ages have been about having to poop but not finding an empty bathroom even though I never had that problem in real life. I constantly think about having to poop. I only travel in British airways since the flight stops in London Heathrow and the timing coordinates with my poop schedule. I don't take Emirates even though it has better service because I don't like the toilets in Dubai. I don't take Air India even though it's cheaper because I don't like taking a dump on the flight. I constantly think about my bathroom arrangements when I travel. So, if anything I surely believe that poop is God since it plays such a large role in my life. 

Just now, Pulkapresident said:

Don't know about you, but poop plays a very important role in my life. My biggest fear in life is having to go take a dump and not finding a toilet. Most of my nightmares since ages have been about having to poop but not finding an empty bathroom even though I never had that problem in real life. I constantly think about having to poop. I only travel in British airways since the flight stops in London Heathrow and the timing coordinates with my poop schedule. I don't take Emirates even though it has better service because I don't like the toilets in Dubai. I don't take Air India even though it's cheaper because I don't like taking a dump on the flight. I constantly think about my bathroom arrangements when I travel. So, if anything I surely believe that poop is God since it plays such a large role in my life. 

Indian philosophy lo pandtih aipoyav. Inka recchipo.

17 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

you can devise your own rituals to attain a certain structure in your thought. you don't have to follow other people's rituals.

knowing yourself needs to happen in an environment where you can parse your experience with as less bias as possible. otherwise its just masturbating to your ego, even though you are telling yourself that your intention is to control it.

This is exactly what I quoted earlier, a phrase from Bhagavad Gita. 

4 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

indian culture is so focussed on individual? really ? i really dont know how your mind operates and how it distorts some of the elementary observations. 

India is perhaps the only country in the world where there is no individual agency for extremely large majority of people in somethign as personal as marriage. This is a country where the even a SC judge self polices his eating to stick to his caste norms. Where is individuality here ?

yes Indian high culture is extremely individualist.

Its a race to the top. race to become the brahman.

1 minute ago, Raven_Rayes said:

yes Indian high culture is extremely individualist.

Its a race to the top. race to become the brahman.

I gave you like massive examples how it denies any agency to the individual. you just double down.

2 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

I gave you like massive examples how it denies any agency to the individual. you just double down.

dude, what do you want me to say? lol.

you and I are talking about two different things.