Naidu's Economic Numbers Could Land One In Jail Or Mental Hospital

gargicau

AP literacy rate:
1991 :44.0%
2001 :60.5%
2011 :67.0%

okay, so I concede this to you. But still, 67% in 2011 is too less. may be CBN is not the only one to be blamed for it.

how would you explain the atrocious literacy rate in AP?

But I wasn't defending YSR anywhere. I am not attacking CBN too, except his philosophy of what 'development' is. That is what the Swiss said too.

Do you think AP can develop with just 67% of its people literate? Even among kids 7+ years old, the literacy rate is just around 80%.

YSR probably redistributed wealth, a bit more with his pathakalu. Who knows.

What harm did YSR do? AP growth was steady even when he was CM.

grow up man

grow up man

http://planningcommission.nic.in/plans/stateplan/ssphd/ddpdata/Andhra%20Pradesh/AP%202005-06.pdf

except Visakhapatnam, Hyderabad, and sorrounding dsts, agriculture was the biggest contributor to  every district's economy, as late as 2005-06.

Swiss wasn't wrong in calling AP an agrarian economy. It remains so, even today.

grow up man

If AP was such an economic powerhouse, why are Telugus so desperate to go abroad, and willing to do anything to stay there.

okay, someone here  told me that Telugus are explorers, so  that may be the reason. but is that the only reason?

Punjabis also use desperate means to reach and stay abroad.

http://planningcommission.nic.in/plans/stateplan/ssphd/ddpdata/Andhra%20Pradesh/AP%202005-06.pdf

except Visakhapatnam, Hyderabad, and sorrounding dsts, agriculture was the biggest contributor to  every district's economy, as late as 2005-06.

Swiss wasn't wrong in calling AP an agrarian economy. It remains so, even today.

LOL.

do u expect transformations to happen overnight??? he was clear about his vision. he said 20 yrs of his rule can do it(vision 2020). if he was given those 20 yrs, he wld have probably brought in all the change we are expecting. 

as u said gdp does not imply any improvement in living standards. but our argument is that people that are now working in software field today wouldnt have had the same income levels. 

ask the swiss to save their economy bro. they need not worry about growing super powers.

no one declines AP being the rice bowl of india. but we don't need to focus all our resources in one sector. 

u remind me of the dumb white ppl  in introduction to economics class in undergrad. seriously bro, i feel like i am talking to a kid. r u a teenager or someone that resisted to grow up??

If AP was such an economic powerhouse, why are Telugus so desperate to go abroad, and willing to do anything to stay there.

okay, someone here  told me that Telugus are explorers, so  that may be the reason. but is that the only reason?

Punjabis also use desperate means to reach and stay abroad.

AP might or might not be an economic powerhouse(i don't remember any tdp supporter claiming that), but u need to remember that india on the whole is overpopulated. there are various reasons to migrate. currency exchange, demand and supply in the labor market.  and clearly we are still developing and are migrating to every place. not just US. have u ever been to any african country?? did u observe how strong the indian presence is in those countries??

LOL.

do u expect transformations to happen overnight??? he was clear about his vision. he said 20 yrs of his rule can do it(vision 2020). if he was given those 20 yrs, he wld have probably brought in all the change we are expecting. 

as u said gdp does not imply any improvement in living standards. but our argument is that people that are now working in software field today wouldnt have had the same income levels. 

ask the swiss to save their economy bro. they need not worry about growing super powers.

no one declines AP being the rice bowl of india. but we don't need to focus all our resources in one sector. 

u remind me of the dumb white ppl  in introduction to economics class in undergrad. seriously bro, i feel like i am talking to a kid. r u a teenager or someone that resisted to grow up??

you clearly misread his comment. and mine too.

His comment was tongue in cheek. a bit naughty. an admission that back in his country, this sort of growth wasn't possible.

He probably didn't find much mention of agri based industries in CBN's 'vision' statement. Hence his suggestion to CBN, that when AP has a huge agrarian economy, it'll probably be much easier to develop industries allied to it.

CBN's statement equating Reddy's Labs with state of AP was also funny. I only picked on that comment, to make fun of the ideology that is backing CBN's vision.