Fun fact about TamilNadu.

VizagRocks

Everybody already knows that Dravidian movement was started by a kannadiga - EV Ramasamy.

Just  now I learnt that even the person who took this social movement into politics first - Annadurai, is also half telugu. His mother was a telugu devadasi.

2 minutes ago, VizagRocks said:

Everybody already knows that Dravidian movement was started by a kannadiga - EV Ramasamy.

Just  now I learnt that even the person who took this social movement into politics first - Annadurai, is also half telugu. His mother was a telugu devadasi.

Its a propoganda..!!! 

far away from reality..

inni years simple ga sambar nakinchesinara ?

Just now, Android_Halwa said:

Its a propoganda..!!! 

far away from reality..

inni years simple ga sambar nakinchesinara ?

em naakinchaaru? lol. Its just interesting thing I learnt today.

4 minutes ago, VizagRocks said:

em naakinchaaru? lol. Its just interesting thing I learnt today.

May be very few know this fact..

someone who is not fully a tamil, has started a movement based on tamil..and people followed it and have still been following it..

4 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

May be very few know this fact..

someone who is not fully a tamil, has started a movement based on tamil..and people followed it and have still been following it..

I don't think they care that much. They just wanted to overthrow brahminism, and these guys were useful to instigate the masses.

Now I hope someone comes on and throws these dravidians out, and bring some sense into Tamil politics. No, not the BJP kind. pls. someone more rational and enlightened.

9 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

I don't think they care that much. They just wanted to overthrow brahminism, and these guys were useful to instigate the masses.

Now I hope someone comes on and throws these dravidians out, and bring some sense into Tamil politics. No, not the BJP kind. pls. someone more rational and enlightened.

but brahmins are super power in tamil nadu

14 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

Like left parties ?

2 minutes ago, fake_Bezawada said:

yes. it was much worse earlier. Now they may have some powers in some circles, but nobody cares about their point of view when it comes to public policy. 

brahmins are actively disregarded in Tamil society now. Since you are a telugu, you may not notice it. I do, because I know how to pick up these cues mockery against brahmins. And they thoroughly deserve it. To an extent even Telugus like me deserve it. but then Andhra was formed, and anger against Telugus calmed down.

9 minutes ago, fake_Bezawada said:

TamilNadu has an intellectual tradition that is actively against brahmins now. Its great.

brahmins too will lose their influence slowly. it'll take a long time.

before some idiot comes in with charges of nazism, no brahmin was killed because of his caste. at worst, he'd have been beaten, or his sacred thread cut.

That doesn't make people nazis, or brahmins, jews.

communism was the biggest failed social experiment on administration and governance...it failed miserably all over the world. Even the countries where there is communism still active is a changed form, capitalist communism..

Don't know what kind of leftism is good for TN ? To kick out the industries ?

1 minute ago, Android_Halwa said:

I thought it was dead..! would it resurrect ?

I don't think so. The next stage for Tamil politics seems to be outright Tamil nationalism. The rejection of everything that is not Tamil.

dravidianism is dead and pointless now. It has achieved its objective. and is stuck in a timewarp.

1 minute ago, Android_Halwa said:

communism was the biggest failed social experiment on administration and governance...it failed miserably all over the world. Even the countries where there is communism still active is a changed form, capitalist communism..

Don't know what kind of leftism is good for TN ? To kick out the industries ?

I don't know man. How come Russians are so brainy, and over educated, if communism is such a failure?

yes, its market economics is kind of screwy, but I certainly won't have a problem with communism. just like I don't have a problem with capitalism.

To me, under both these faux economic ideologies, progression happens. Communists did spend a lot of money on r&d, and made inroads into space. They educated each and every child in their nation.

These things are better than cultural nationalist nonsense, that appeals to some golden age, far back into the history.