desi parents - comparisons

naaperunenu

5 minutes ago, dakumangalsingh said:

Antha ledu maa parents never compared us to anyone but they insisted on working towards academics as they believed it was key to successful career. But never discouraged if we wanted to do certain activities be it trying painting, karate or music never discouraged trying anything ofcourse we didn't ace in that though. Konchem saduvukoni, if they have lived in  4-5 places they know what it is. 

enni sarlu cheptavu man ne gurinchi, oka statment istey oka exception/outlier tesukochi argue chestaru. You are an outlier and that is not how majority are. Now, don't try to bring more examples. They are still outliers. Discussion is about system and what majority does

Just now, Batman_fan said:

enni sarlu cheptavu man ne gurinchi, oka statment istey oka exception/outlier tesukochi argue chestaru. You are an outlier and that is not how majority are. Now, don't try to bring more examples. They are still ouliers. Discussion is about system and what majority does

hmm sorry 

But naa circle lo aithe poragallani baga compare chesi savakottina cases aithe chudale. 

2 minutes ago, dakumangalsingh said:

hmm sorry 

But naa circle lo aithe poragallani baga compare chesi savakottina cases aithe chudale. 

depends on many  things... must be rich kids.... so sadhuvu lekapoina parle edo oka business cheskovachu ane mentality... or sharp kids... pressure thitlu lekunda baaga chadive type... or parents dont care much about the kids, vadi raatha etlunte atla avtharu anukune type... these cases are not typical, they do exist but fewer in number 

49 minutes ago, chittimallu2 said:

vaalla bhayam vaalladhi... ala compare chesi pressure pettakapothe ee maathram sadhuvulu kooda lekunda cycle tyre patch lu eskunta bathakalsi vasthundi ani...  prathokkadiki fashion aipoindi parents ni anadam 

ch.thumb.gif.6d7eb62c38b6520a4bff3da3e56

14 minutes ago, naaperunenu said:

edichinattu undi boss idhi....prathi okkadu dabbu kosame cheyyadu pani...scientist rich avvali ani pani chesthada? 

I think it stems from insecurity. parents ki emanna talent untey pillal ki nerpistharu. If they are regular joes they depend on the 'system'  and expect their kid to master the system. That's the only way to move ahead in life for the majority.

Everybody can be creative. but the environment is not right for parents to encourage it. They are between a rock and a hard place.

scientist kaadhu, even industrialists can work without expectation of money. people are capable of that, with the right motivation.

23 minutes ago, Batman_fan said:

enni sarlu cheptavu man ne gurinchi, oka statment istey oka exception/outlier tesukochi argue chestaru. You are an outlier and that is not how majority are. Now, don't try to bring more examples. They are still outliers. Discussion is about system and what majority does

funny thing about parents. my nanna used to bring in Telugu movies home so we could watch it. The movies were of Jandhyalas, and k vishwanath. Even Maniratnam's Anjali, I thought for a long time it was a telugu movie. I was never taken to a theatre. The only time I went as a kid was for Jurassic Park, because our neighbours convinced my mom to let me and sister go with them and bunch of other kids from the neighbourhood.

These days parents take kids to Allu Arjun movies, implore kids to dance to Allu Arjun's latest dance number (that has disgusting lyrics), and expect the kids to do well at school also. I'm not saying its not possible. I'm saying that parents these days have no idea what they are doing. smart kids with smart parents are also put through the grind, but parents sacrifice a lot for those kids. 

In my own family, my nephew wakes up atleast an hr before his parents do on weekends. parents are setting bad examples all over, and still want kid to magically do well. ofcourse, my sister doesn't have unrealistic expectations from her kid, even though she's afraid to let me influence him. she's afraid she'll lose him, and she's right.

economy is rigged to favour people who can work in corporate jobs. No way all parents can take the risk to implore their kids to be creative. Its unaffordable to them, both moneywise, emotionally, and time wise.

creative kids are not fun to be around.

1 minute ago, uttermost said:

funny thing about parents. my nanna used to bring in Telugu movies home so we could watch it. The movies were of Jandhyalas, and k vishwanath. Even Maniratnam's Anjali, I thought for a long time it was a telugu movie.

These days parents implore kids to dance to Allu Arjun's latest dance number (that has disgusting lyrics), and expect the kids to do well at school also. I'm not saying its not possible. I'm saying that parents these days have no idea what they are doing. smart kids with smart parents are also put through the grind, but parents sacrifice a lot for those kids. 

In my own family, my nephew wakes up atleast an hr before his parents do on weekends. parents are setting bad examples all over, and still want kid to magically do well. ofcourse, my sister doesn't have unrealistic expectations from her kid, even though she's afraid to let me influence him. she's afraid she'll lose him, and she's right.

so you think this generation will learn something from their experiences or it will be same story?

I hate parents who are indisciplined, but want to discipline their kids.

First. Don't take your kids to Telugu movies. Or let them know that there are movies in Telugu, until they are old enough to look it up on the internet @3$% 

rest all olympiads, SAT scores can come later.

41 minutes ago, jajjanaka_jandri said:

population valla man ahh thinking... survival of the fittest ... mana kante chinky gallani soodali... kukka kottudee vallaki

This is not survival of the fittest. Its survival of the ones that most conform to the system. One day the system will break.

15 minutes ago, Batman_fan said:

so you think this generation will learn something from their experiences or it will be same story?

They already have. Plenty of smart kids in the west/India, that are smart and driven. But they come from families where parents sacrifice their life (if they even had it), and create an environment for the kid to grow.

The other batch that is too eager to be popular, but also successful (moderately), puts a lot of strain on the kids. How do you ask a kid to do maths, when he sees dancers getting that much attention even from their parents?

pop culture, and the riches that flow from it is the problem. Kids are easily influenced. Not surprising because even the parents are influenced.

19 minutes ago, uttermost said:

I hate parents who are indisciplined, but want to discipline their kids.

First. Don't take your kids to Telugu movies. Or let them know that there are movies in Telugu, until they are old enough to look it up on the internet @3$% 

rest all olympiads, SAT scores can come later.

Hmm ade kada

Mana passport lo tirige countries ekkuva unte manaki kooda ilanti situation rademo man, we are not exposed to go outside our zone, we don't have choice as Indians.. shame

28 minutes ago, Batman_fan said:

asking kids to do homework and to get good grades is just basic parenting. nothing special. parents should master the art of staying away from their kids life, while also being involved in it at the right moments.

can't say that our parents managed it better. For the most part, they set boundaries, and it was easy because there were no mobiles and tablets then. 

job of parents of today is incredibly hard. because peer pressure among kids to conform is mind boggling. you have to be extraordinarily good to convince your kid that your way is better. even if it means the kid hates you for a while.

beating kids is disgusting.