All poker questions/discussions here....

CricPokChic

3 hours ago, Champsinmaking said:

A hand I played last week on button with 800 ES on 2/5.

On B with 3 4 H , MP LAG makes it 20 Cutoff calls, I make it 90 as bluff , MP folds and cut off calls. I gave him range of suited broadway. 

Flop 4c5h2h he lead into me with 100, I can not reraise as being preflop 3 better max I can have is over pair where as he can have set that’s what perseved ranges here are.

Turn is 9s he check, Check back for pot control and to peal on river and did not want to get check raise on that spot with all sorts of draws and a middle pair with showdown value.

River 8c and he went all in for about 500

It was polarized bet and as I had him on suited connector I took some time think can he have 89h here which is only hand that make sense or he has complete bluff..

or 8s, 9s.  I ruled out 8s n 9s as he won’t lead into me. After taking few secs threw a chip in and showing my cards asked him did he miss.... he smiled and said, yes good call and tabled QKh, left the table.

Good call. I never fold here. You got him on flop. He is leading only puts his range to hearts and he can have 10s or jacks. 

With your flop call you are blocking two apirs sets starights always. He checked turn as your range is Queens atleast. Considering he is blocking Kand Q he thinks you might have Jacks as well.

Your flop call slowed him down turn anyway and he can't hold set of 8s on turn as he can't risk a check turn if he hold nuts with set with huge draw and your check back looked weak on turn anyway as he confirmed you don't have Aces Kings etc.

River he can only bet there with pocket 9s. So you are only up against pocket 9s and you beat all other hands 99 percent. good you narrowed down his hand and made a good call for huge river bet. I like your play preflop though. You should 3 bet wide and people always scare who is flatting bets. 

** Only thing I might have done different here is I might jam flop here with pair and open ended straight flush draw considering I can't fold in next streets anyway. giphy.gif

29 minutes ago, Champsinmaking said:

Last 6 weeks lo played 4 sessions...1st lo -400 after playing 12 hrs... 2nd lo +800 8hrs... 3rd -1200 less than 4 hrs lo ...  4th +2k 10 hrs above mentioned hand is included in this session. Busy with work, family, poker etc.... eppudanna open chesina kuda ninne tag chesthunde to review... sarle pilvani perentaniki endukule ani chusi close chesthunde... usually I only comment when I feel you could have reviewed it better, coz most of the times u review it lot better.... what’s up with you...

I didn't play from last 15 days, might play this week. been busy with lot other stuff. Office la unte elagu bore ye ga so ala vachi rendu comments esi po. Looks like nee 4th session lo you played really well and I like your posted hand, river bluff was tough and a great call. giphy.gif

17 minutes ago, Nellore_peddareddi said:

Good call. I never fold here. You got him on flop. He is leading only puts his range to hearts and he can have 10s or jacks. 

With your flop call you are blocking two apirs sets starights always. He checked turn as your range is Queens atleast. Considering he is blocking Kand Q he thinks you might have Jacks as well.

Your flop call slowed him down turn anyway and he can't hold set of 8s on turn as he can't risk a check turn if he hold nuts with set with huge draw and your check back looked weak on turn anyway as he confirmed you don't have Aces Kings etc.

River he can only bet there with pocket 9s. So you are only up against pocket 9s and you beat all other hands 99 percent. good you narrowed down his hand and made a good call for huge river bet. I like your play preflop though. You should 3 bet wide and people always scare who is flatting bets. 

** Only thing I might have done different here is I might jam flop here with pair and open ended straight flush draw considering I can't fold in next streets anyway. giphy.gif

I dint wanna jam flop as I felt he is leading me with better flush draw and jamming will put me in bad shape, even if he happen to have over pair and calls my jam, I will be in bad shape that case as well so wanted to control pot and play it slow small pot but his polarized bet made me risk my stack with that call... if he checked I would have checked back river scooping 200+. That way I could have tabled my cards and  built an image of 3betting lite.

7 minutes ago, Nellore_peddareddi said:

I didn't play from last 15 days, might play this week. been busy with lot other stuff. Office la unte elagu bore ye ga so ala vachi rendu comments esi po. Looks like nee 4th session lo you played really well and I like your posted hand, river bluff was tough and a great call. giphy.gif

Ya sure buddy... I think except 1st session I played all others well... 1st lo I was opening too many hands and bluffed more than necessary as well... 3rd session got it all in 2 times on flop with me ahead and opponents hit their 4 outers .... 

3 minutes ago, Champsinmaking said:

I dint wanna jam flop as I felt he is leading me with better flush draw and jamming will put me in bad shape, even if he happen to have over pair and calls my jam, I will be in bad shape that case as well so wanted to control pot and play it slow small pot but his polarized bet made me risk my stack with that call... if he checked I would have checked back river scooping 200+.

Makes sense but considering his big bet on flop i see it's coming on turn in general. If I'm in his stop and lead flop I jam turn not river which put you in real tough spot to fold your hand. In your spot it's real hard to fold and you are forced to fold turn in that case putting him on real monster. So I prefer to gamble with such a huge hand with two cards to go if the opponent have only around pot size bet left.

We aren't sure what he have as we block hearts as well. Let's say he have Jacks here as I mostly don't keep him on sets as I block most two pair combos. Your jam on flop makes 10s and Jacks to fold as he puts you on Aces as your 3bet is huge anyway pre. So you are making better hands to fold and yes if he is on draw he calls for sure and you are ahead anyway. flipping is always good in these spots than calling off bets. It's a great call on river from your side but I try to be in not those spots. I'm always happy to play huge pots with huge hand and yes you have a huge hand on flop and only bluff catching spots on river.

Many good players do this - you checked turn so River comes Q and he have KQ hearts and he might jam and still in your spot it looks like a bluff so you should call him off and see bad news. Normal players check Q river anyway. We might play different but keeping max pressure and gambling in some spots is always fun and fine. You make good money when you play aggressive in some spots and losing in those spots is always ok IMO. giphy.gif

14 minutes ago, Champsinmaking said:

Ya sure buddy... I think except 1st session I played all others well... 1st lo I was opening too many hands and bluffed more than necessary as well... 3rd session got it all in 2 times on flop with me ahead and opponents hit their 4 outers .... 

I'll take this anyday. In long run you always win so no issues. Only tip is cbet 1/3-1/2 flop(if board can be cbet)and board texture and players ni batti pick your 3 barrel bluffs. EP nundi opening pots is always bad, LP nundi open chesthe or 3 bet vesthe you take big pots in general. EP nundi opening ante you have to have very good hand. I will fold K10 KJ hands instead of opening in UTG and UTg+1.

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, Nellore_peddareddi said:

Makes sense but considering his big bet on flop i see it's coming on turn in general. If I'm in his stop and lead flop I jam turn not river which put you in real tough spot to fold your hand. In your spot it's real hard to fold and you are forced to fold turn in that case putting him on real monster. So I prefer to gamble with such a huge hand with two cards to go if the opponent have only around pot size bet left.

We aren't sure what he have as we block hearts as well. Let's say he have Jacks here as I mostly don't keep him on sets as I block most two pair combos. Your jam on flop makes 10s and Jacks to fold as he puts you on Aces as your 3bet is huge anyway pre. So you are making better hands to fold and yes if he is on draw he calls for sure and you are ahead anyway. flipping is always good in these spots than calling off bets. It's a great call on river from your side but I try to be in not those spots. I'm always happy to play huge pots with huge hand and yes you have a huge hand on flop and only bluff catching spots on river.

Many good players do this - you checked turn so River comes Q and he have KQ hearts and he might jam and still in your spot it looks like a bluff so you should call him off and see bad news. Normal players check Q river anyway. We might play different but keeping max pressure and gambling in some spots is always fun and fine. You make good money when you play aggressive in some spots and losing in those spots is always ok IMO. giphy.gif

Flop bet was not huge it is around half pot.

10s & Js would not lead according to me as I might have Qs+ being pre flop 3 better.

river Q will make him value bet instead of over bet. In case if river was 10 or J or Q or K or A and his bet is blocker bet which is like 1/4 of pot I would have called, between 1/4 to little less than pot I would not mind mucking my hand repping AK or AQs. Over bet raised those red flags and worked out for me.... ya as you said could have played out in different ways and I would have made a conservative fold sometimes and I could have lost some times, but this time worked in my favor.

9 minutes ago, Nellore_peddareddi said:

I'll take this anyday. In long run you always win so no issues. Only tip is cbet 1/3-1/2 flop(if board can be cbet)and board texture and players ni batti pick your 3 barrel bluffs. EP nundi opening pots is always bad, LP nundi open chesthe or 3 bet vesthe you take big pots in general. EP nundi opening ante you have to have very good hand. I will fold K10 KJ hands instead of opening in UTG and UTg+1.

giphy.gif

I usually bet 60% of the time and check other 40% based on what the flop is. And in the 60%, 80% of time I cbet 1/3 pot ... I bet pot or over pot only when I have very good hand and board is draw heavy... both those hand I was in position called with suited broadway both times and flopped flush. One hand his two pair got boat on turn and other rivered boat. My opening from utg or utg+1 is Js+ Ak, AQs, 2s, A2s, A5s.

I play straight forward based on players with 2s and A2s, A5s.

1 hour ago, Champsinmaking said:

Flop bet was not huge it is around half pot.

10s & Js would not lead according to me as I might have Qs+ being pre flop 3 better.

river Q will make him value bet instead of over bet. In case if river was 10 or J or Q or K or A and his bet is blocker bet which is like 1/4 of pot I would have called, between 1/4 to little less than pot I would not mind mucking my hand repping AK or AQs. Over bet raised those red flags and worked out for me.... ya as you said could have played out in different ways and I would have made a conservative fold sometimes and I could have lost some times, but this time worked in my favor.

Cool I was talking the bet he is left with after flop bet(left around pot size). Tricky part here is if he jams turn. Anyway if you are ready to fold turn jam I don't mind your flat call flop. And in your spot if he jam turn I fold if I flat flop, which I assume you do same. So that's a good play anyway. Heart comes anyway we are donating whole stack anuko.

I have hard time folding though if Q falls river and he jam unless he is a very very good player and I know him. giphy.gif

52 minutes ago, Champsinmaking said:

I usually bet 60% of the time and check other 40% based on what the flop is. And in the 60%, 80% of time I cbet 1/3 pot ... I bet pot or over pot only when I have very good hand and board is draw heavy... both those hand I was in position called with suited broadway both times and flopped flush. One hand his two pair got boat on turn and other rivered boat. My opening from utg or utg+1 is Js+ Ak, AQs, 2s, A2s, A5s.

I play straight forward based on players with 2s and A2s, A5s.

I like what all you said. You win most cases then based on your play. Some bad days can't be avoided anyway for anyone. All we can do is make our best play possible. 

Only thing is huge bluffs cheseppudu make it that add to your story which I think you'll do when bluffing whole stack 3 barrels.

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, Nellore_peddareddi said:

Cool I was talking the bet he is left with after flop bet(left around pot size). Tricky part here is if he jams turn. Anyway if you are ready to fold turn jam I don't mind your flat call flop. And in your spot if he jam turn I fold if I flat flop, which I assume you do same. So that's a good play anyway. Heart comes anyway we are donating whole stack anuko.

I have hard time folding though if Q falls river and he jam unless he is a very very good player and I know him. giphy.gif

Yes .... I will call down over pot bet here as well but most of the good players value bet here and I would fold in that case, some even check with showdown value and fear of playing big pot.

Just now, Champsinmaking said:

Yes .... I will call down over pot bet here as well but most of the good players value bet here and I would fold in that case, some even check with showdown value and fear of playing big pot.

If Q falls I jam too instead of betting small. I jam with top pair if hit on river most times and get paid huge. I learnt that move from Jason koon.giphy.gif

Just now, Nellore_peddareddi said:

If Q falls I jam too instead of betting small. I jam with top pair if hit on river most times and get paid huge. I learnt that move from Jason koon.giphy.gif

My image on table is - my range is sooo wide coz of 3 bets, i lose small pots most times but i win huge pots when won which makes a profitable session giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, Nellore_peddareddi said:

I like what all you said. You win most cases then based on your play. Some bad days can't be avoided anyway for anyone. All we can do is make our best play possible. 

Only thing is huge bluffs cheseppudu make it that add to your story which I think you'll do when bluffing whole stack 3 barrels.

giphy.gif

This reminds me of one hand where I raised from MP with 10dJd and 2 callers , flop A510 no diamond. I cbet 1/3rd pot. 1 caller turn 5 he had pot size stack so I jam and he calls funny thing is he had quads with pocket 5s. We all were laughing unfortunate timing.

3 minutes ago, Nellore_peddareddi said:

Good to know, will add that up into my arsenal.