Same caste ollani enduku pelli cheskokudadu

DrBeta

3 hours ago, DummyVariable said:

How is marrying within your caste inbreeding? You could be from totally different family trees and places and still belong to the same caste. Don’t people living in different places consume different food, live in different weather conditions and have a different life style that can create diversity among populations?

Yes, but over generations people have only married within the same caste, so the recessive genes from both the parents have all been suppressed over generations, making it more likely to find a dominant auto immune gene in both the alleles. For example, one caste in Andhra Pradesh is more prone to have type I diabetes in Andhra Pradesh, because over the generations, the active gene that produces immune cells fighting pancreas, making it difficult to produce insulin, hasn't been suppressed over generations. Since both parents have similar dominant genes, the likelyhood of finding a dominant gene that does not actively produce this type of immune cells is very very low. So, unless you and your spouse both do a 23&Me and figure out your complete genomic sequencing, I wouldn't recommend marrying in the same caste. 

3 hours ago, BetaCat said:

Yes, but over generations people have only married within the same caste, so the recessive genes from both the parents have all been suppressed over generations, making it more likely to find a dominant auto immune gene in both the alleles. For example, one caste in Andhra Pradesh is more prone to have type I diabetes in Andhra Pradesh, because over the generations, the active gene that produces immune cells fighting pancreas, making it difficult to produce insulin, hasn't been suppressed over generations. Since both parents have similar dominant genes, the likelyhood of finding a dominant gene that does not actively produce this type of immune cells is very very low. So, unless you and your spouse both do a 23&Me and figure out your complete genomic sequencing, I wouldn't recommend marrying in the same caste. 

How are diseases different in those marrying in the same caste and those marrying outside caste? Shouldn’t outcasts not have any diseases by that logic? Why is obesity and diabetes prevalent in the USA where there is no caste system?

1 minute ago, DummyVariable said:

How are diseases different in those marrying in the same caste and those marrying outside caste? Shouldn’t outcasts not have any diseases by that logic? Why is obesity and diabetes prevalent in the USA where there is no caste system?

America runs on Caffeine and sugar.

obsession over coffee and donuts

Just now, DummyVariable said:

Any disease can be of two kinds, one genetic two environmental factors.... Genetic diseases you can control through this, especially auto immune diseases, not all auto immune diseases though. Obesity and diabetes can be either genetic or though environment (the food we eat). Type I diabetes is auto immune and is genetic, type II diabetes is through the environment (can be controlled by the food we eat)

Just now, panipoori said:

India lo coffee lu taagara? Sweets tinama? Inka ekkuva tintaam

Donuts, Friday breakfast and fizzy drinks lo unde sugar content mundhu India sweets lo sugar jujubi..

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, BetaCat said:

Any disease can be of two kinds, one genetic two environmental factors.... Genetic diseases you can control through this, especially auto immune diseases, not all auto immune diseases though. Obesity and diabetes can be either genetic or though environment (the food we eat). Type I diabetes is auto immune and is genetic, type II diabetes is through the environment (can be controlled by the food we eat)

So India should be rife with type 1 diabetes and USA should be rife with type 2. Statistics seem to say otherwise. India is ranked 59th whereas US is ranked 6th-ages 0-14. 
Moreover, cancer( which is mostly genetic) should be more prevalent in India as opposed to USA. US is ranked 5th worldwide where as India is not even in the top50. 
So what is genetically weaker here?

19 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

So India should be rife with type 1 diabetes and USA should be rife with type 2. Statistics seem to say otherwise. India is ranked 59th whereas US is ranked 6th-ages 0-14. 
Moreover, cancer( which is mostly genetic) should be more prevalent in India as opposed to USA. US is ranked 5th worldwide where as India is not even in the top50. 
So what is genetically weaker here?

There isn't anything like a genetic weaker section. And genetics doesn't work that way, you can't say this whole population has better genes that this whole population. Genetics simply doesn't work that way. I breed mice, without taking into consideration their litter mates or if it's incest or not. If they get out, I know they will die because they can't fight any infection in the real world. What I am saying is, the more the in-breeding or breeding within the same group there is less diversity in the kind of antigens your immune cells can recognize. So, if you have a specific allele and we know that it's not good to have it, the likelihood of the other parent having the same allele is much lower if you are marrying in a diverse group of people rather than in the same caste. 

10 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

I think it is because they don’t have caste system. 

So what are you trying to say, that having caste system is good? What do you study honey?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BetaCat said:

There isn't anything like a genetic weaker section. And genetics doesn't work that way, you can't say this whole population has better genes that this whole population. Genetics simply doesn't work that way. I breed mice, without taking into consideration their litter mates or it's incest or not. If they get out, I know they will die because they can't fight any infection in the real world. What I am saying is, the more the in-breeding or breeding within the same group there is less diversity in the kind of antigens your immune cells can recognize. So, it you have a specific allele and we know that it's not good to have it, the likelihood of the other parent having the same allele is much lower if you are marrying in a diverse group of people rather than in the same caste. 

Weaker genes means more diseases I would have thought. Aren’t genes a good predictor of diseases then? 

5 minutes ago, BetaCat said:

So what are you trying to say, that having caste system is good? What do you study honey?

I think people are blaming everything on caste system.

Just now, DummyVariable said:

Weaker genes means more diseases I would have thought. Aren’t genes a good predictor of diseases then? 

There is nothing like a weak gene. Genes only can tell you what you can get in the progeny, the progeny can get Tt, tT, tt or TT. If we know that T is bad, the likelihood that t is also bad is higher if you marry in the same caste. 

1 minute ago, DummyVariable said:

I think people are blaming everything on caste system.

I am not blaming the caste system... If I had to marry someone from the same caste because I love them, I simply wouldn't have kids unless I get a full genome sequencing. Atleast science taught me that.