Same caste ollani enduku pelli cheskokudadu

DrBeta

8 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

Weaker genes means more diseases I would have thought. Aren’t genes a good predictor of diseases then? 

It's not about weaker. I think its about the extra combinations. If the same parents are of the similar gene pool, they will pass only those in dominance reducing the diversity in kids. In AP/TN Viaishyas almost lost one special gene from the rest of the population in some recent study. And I know close Viashya friends wife and husband look very similar both have very thin eye brows. For both the kids they have, almost no eye brows.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

I think people are blaming everything on caste system.

Caste system is horrible. Doesn't help building the harmonious society. And this reduction in gene diversity.

Fun fact - Wolves realized these, some of them go as far as 13K miles away from their pack to breed. They must have faced some serious crisis in the past due to inbreeding.

10 minutes ago, BetaCat said:

There is nothing like a weak gene. Genes only can tell you what you can get in the progeny, the progeny can get Tt, tT, tt or TT. If we know that T is bad, the likelihood that t is also bad is higher if you marry in the same caste. 

You just said that same caste people are more prone to autoimmune diseases. Are you saying that they are not now?

1 minute ago, DummyVariable said:

You just said that same caste people are more prone to autoimmune diseases. Are you saying that they are not now?

No black and white. But it is about the probability. If this continous for 100s and 1000s of generations, then the gene might completly be gone..

10 minutes ago, Somedude said:

It's not about weaker. I think its about the extra combinations. If the same parents are of the similar gene pool, they will pass only those in dominance reducing the diversity in kids. In AP/TN Viaishyas almost lost one special gene from the rest of the population in some recent study. And I know close Viashya friends wife and husband look very similar both have very thin eye brows. For both the kids they have, almost no eye brows.

Large populations will have genetic diversity regardless of castes. Whether there is caste or not shouldn’t matter for genetic diversity. Incestuous relationships and marrying close relatives is one thing and marrying within one caste where people are from totally different regions eating different food and living in a different environment is another.

2 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

They are more prone towards having similar alleles, which means that if they have a gene that's autoimmune, it will keep continuing over generations. Similarly they might not have a gene that can be good for fighting infections and since they keep being dominant, and everyone in the same caste have the same dominant gene, the effect keeps multiplying. 

10 minutes ago, Somedude said:

Caste system is horrible. Doesn't help building the harmonious society. And this reduction in gene diversity.

Casteless America is creating mass murderers so what is better? 

Just now, DummyVariable said:

Casteless America is creating mass murderers so what is better? 

Akkada topic enti? Nee matladedhi enti man? Apples and Oranges? Both are wrong. Two wrongs don't make your argument better.

3 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

Large populations will have genetic diversity regardless of castes. Whether there is caste or not shouldn’t matter for genetic diversity. Incestuous relationships and marrying close relatives is one thing and marrying within one caste where people are from totally different regions eating different food and living in a different environment is another.

Not large population, but constrained by founder events.

The way caste system works, a smaller pool of genes gave rise to a large population of people all from the same pool of genes. Over generations, despite being overpopulated the country did not get new genes because the repressive genes stayed repressive and never became dominant. That's why there is less genetic diversity. 

If you had to go back to long long ago, how many people do you think were founders of each caste? And how many people do you think are there now in each caste? There is an exponential growth of population but the same genes kept repeating because it's constrained because they didn't marry outside of the caste. 

2 minutes ago, BetaCat said:

The way caste system works, a smaller pool of genes gave rise to a large population of people all from the same pool of genes. Over generations, despite being overpopulated the country did not get new genes because the repressive genes stayed repressive and never became dominant. That's why there is less genetic diversity. 

Larger populations have genetic variations even if the source genes were smaller is what I think.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4675878/

Can you tell me what this article says please?

Neutral theory posits that genetic diversity will increase with a larger effective population size.

What does the above mean?

5 minutes ago, BetaCat said:

lol genetic diversity kavali ante you gotta let immigration happen.. not every other country is going to be US

6 minutes ago, Somedude said:

Akkada topic enti? Nee matladedhi enti man? Apples and Oranges? Both are wrong. Two wrongs don't make your argument better.

I think America has more mass murderers because of their genes. They should have adopted caste system so that they did not have these mental illnesses.