Same caste ollani enduku pelli cheskokudadu

DrBeta

1 minute ago, DummyVariable said:

I think America has more mass murderers because of their genes. They should have adopted caste system so that they did not have these mental illnesses.

Ok. I give up.

12 minutes ago, panipoori said:

lol genetic diversity kavali ante you gotta let immigration happen.. not every other country is going to be US

Not necessarily, India lo intercaste marriages unna perugutundi. 

13 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

Larger populations have genetic variations even if the source genes were smaller is what I think.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4675878/

Can you tell me what this article says please?

Neutral theory posits that genetic diversity will increase with a larger effective population size.

What does the above mean?

Population size from the wild is alright. If we married and procreated however we would have wanted, it would be wild. We did not do that, we just kept in breeding in the same caste and that is the problem.

5 minutes ago, BetaCat said:

Population size from the wild is alright. If we married and procreated however we would have wanted, it would be wild. We did not do that, we just kept in breeding in the same caste and that is the problem.

You said larger populations would not have genetic diversity if they were from the same source. How is selection in the wild (same source mind) different from selection based on castes?

• Upvote 1

On 2/18/2019 at 7:23 PM, DrBeta said:

Short answer: Me pillalu auto immune diseases to chastaru (including but not limited to diabetes, arthritis, thyroid, etc.)

Long answer: 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/17/health/india-south-asia-castes-genetics-diseases.html

Blood ki em caste o etla telustadhi? 

Reddlu ani cheppukune kammollu lera, kammollu ani abaddham cheppukune kapollu lera?

so how to find the black sheep before getting married? 200 years back nee forefathers caste neeku telusa?

1 minute ago, DummyVariable said:

You said larger populations would not have genetic diversity if they were from the same source. How is selection in the wild different from selection based on castes?

good question...

4 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

You said larger populations would not have genetic diversity if they were from the same source. How is selection in the wild (same source mind) different from selection based on castes?

Because there is more choice if you started from a larger pool of genes. That is marry outside your caste. 

22 minutes ago, BetaCat said:

Because there is more choice if you started from a larger pool of genes. That is marry outside your caste. 

Let us say a random caste has about 3% of the population of AP, i.e. 1.2 million people are marrying among themselves. That is a large population in my view. So the genetic diversity should already be there regardless of the smaller source. There may be more choice with larger pool of genes but it doesn’t mean that 1.2 million people are lacking diversity. In fact, if genetic effects were so severe, the population will not even be this large in the first place. Let us not mix same caste marriages with incest. Those are two different concepts and one will eventually lead to greater genetic diversity while the other one will not.