R G V

reality

Just now, reality said:

Don’t double down on what you said. Killing people can never be an option, period.

First of all, we can't blame him for the deaths. I don't think he wanted to kill people in the first place. Having said that, I don't see anything wrong with his policy of not giving free electricity, the Government is not there to give things for free to public. You need to work for it. Having said that, I know farmers in general are very hard-working and are cheated on by a lot of people, which is what makes this situation very complicated. I am not endorsing what he did, but I don't think he is proud of it either. When I make mistakes, I might kill mice, but when he makes mistakes, it costs more. Now given that I neither have the experience or the capacity to rule a state, I can't tell him what he should have done so this wouldn't have happened. 

2 minutes ago, reality said:

Motive for education comes from financial well-being. Not everyone in the villages dream to pursue GRE/CAT/GMAT/PHD.

Yes, but better education is what improves the standard of living. I agree that farmers would rather get free power, but they would benefit more if there are more industries focused on agriculture. 

2 minutes ago, DrBeta said:

First of all, we can't blame him for the deaths. I don't think he wanted to kill people in the first place. Having said that, I don't see anything wrong with his policy of not giving free electricity, the Government is not there to give things for free to public. You need to work for it. Having said that, I know farmers in general are very hard-working and are cheated on by a lot of people, which is what makes this situation very complicated. I am not endorsing what he did, but I don't think he is proud of it either. When I make mistakes, I might kill mice, but when he makes mistakes, it costs more. Now given that I neither have the experience or the capacity to rule a state, I can't tell him what he should have done so this wouldn't have happened. 

OMG!!!!!

I should have also educated you about what farmers asked then. They asked for uninterrupted power, not “free” power, as they rely more on bore wells and other private water resources (Thanks to the irrigation projects).

6 minutes ago, thamudu_satyam said:

CBN's capital construction fantasy is exactly like Theranos. Promise 1000 times than what you can deliver.

My moral science teacher once told me, aim high, if you can't be the Sun, be a star, do your best, to God leave the rest.

He can promise whatever he wants, I already told you take his promises with a pinch of salt. Theranos wants to test all biomarkers in a patient with precisely one drop of blood, which is physically impossible and she doesn't have any preliminary data for it either. The story with CBN is different, he can promise whatever he wants, he can dream whatever he wants. It's a piece of land, you could possibly get resources from anywhere and do the best you can. Aiming high is good, especially when you're building a state.

8 minutes ago, DrBeta said:

Yes, but better education is what improves the standard of living. I agree that farmers would rather get free power, but they would benefit more if there are more industries focused on agriculture. 

4 minutes ago, reality said:

OMG!!!!!

I should have also educated you about what farmers asked then. They asked for uninterrupted power, not “free” power, as they rely more on bore wells and other private water resources (Thanks to the irrigation projects).

Just now, DrBeta said:

My moral science teacher once told me, aim high, if you can't be the Sun, be a star, do your best, to God leave the rest.

He can promise whatever he wants, I already told you take his promises with a pinch of salt. Theranos wants to test all biomarkers in a patient with precisely one drop of blood, which is physically impossible and she doesn't have any preliminary data for it either. The story with CBN is different, he can promise whatever he wants, he can dream whatever he wants. It's a piece of land, you could possibly get resources from anywhere and do the best you can. Aiming high is good, especially when you're building a state.

Aiming high is not wrong but not putting in the requisite effort to achieve that aim is criminal. CBN is guilty of not trying until it was too late

4 minutes ago, reality said:

OMG!!!!!

Well, sorry then. Yes, if he had the resources for giving uninterrupted power, he should have given it to them. But again, like I said, I never ruled a state, I am neither smart or capable to do that. So, I couldn't tell him what he should or shouldn't have done in this particular case. 

2 minutes ago, thamudu_satyam said:

Aiming high is not wrong but not putting in the requisite effort to achieve that aim is criminal. CBN is guilty of not trying until it was too late

It's definitely easier said than done, isn't it?

Just now, DrBeta said:

It's definitely easier said that done, isn't it?

Hmmm yea but always blaming others for his failure ticks me off and i personally cannot respect such ppl

4 minutes ago, DrBeta said:

Well, sorry then. Yes, if he had the resources for giving uninterrupted power, he should have given it to them. But again, like I said, I never ruled a state, I am neither smart or capable to do that. So, I couldn't tell him what he should or shouldn't have done in this particular case. 

No problem budd, I was just trying to set it straight. You may not know the humongous amount of media management that uplifted CBN and trapped many millennials.

Nice way of disco!! You rock.

Just now, thamudu_satyam said:

Hmmm yea but always blaming others for his failure ticks me off and i personally cannot respect such ppl

Yes, if I fail, I blame myself even it is just because of a bad situation. But given his political stature, he definitely has to do things to retain his power, which include "runa maphi", "fee waiver"  among others to attract voters, which I don't endorse. So, you can't expect him to hold a microphone and say, " I couldn't get enough money because I didn't have the balls to fight for it". He is obviously going to say, this person didn't give me the money because of so and so and so reason. I don't blame him for what happened. It's just a sh-itty situation. 

7 minutes ago, reality said:

No problem budd, I was just trying to set it straight. You may not know the humongous amount of media management that uplifted CBN and trapped many millennials.

Nice way of disco!! You rock.

Media is pretty much a joke in present times, you can't get unbiased news from anywhere. Only if you have enough logical reasoning can you distinguish between facts and opinions. 

11 hours ago, DrBeta said:

Media is pretty much a joke in present times, you can't get unbiased news from anywhere. Only if you have enough logical reasoning can you distinguish between facts and opinions. 

True