Half of TSRTC to go private

hyperbole

1 minute ago, hyperbole said:

in the private scheme of things if you compare with andhra, telangana is pretty bad shape - andhra has private travels covering streches between the strech of vijaywada - vizag, vijaywada - hyderabad, vijaywada - nellore/tirupathi/madras, rayalaseema - vijaywada and hyd. i have seen people there using private buses more often and that saves ApSRtC  some money for the routes they don’t have to cover and  APSRtC is not as bad as TSRTC for the same reason when it comes to loss making

I think you have it all mixed up. private players will try to cash in on the most profitable, high traffic routes.

what's left if state govts give them up, and only ply on routes that very few people run?

the logic is different. state govt buses serve a certain market, and set the base price. private players then run their services with the state govt price as the marker, while introducing different classes of travel.

if you think TSRTC is bad, and it probably is, the answer may be somewhere else.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, hyperbole said:

in the private scheme of things if you compare with andhra, telangana is pretty bad shape - andhra has private travels covering streches between vijaywada - vizag, vijaywada - hyderabad, vijaywada - nellore/tirupathi/madras, rayalaseema - vijaywada and hyd. i have seen people there using private buses more often and that saves ApSRtC  some money for the routes they don’t have to cover and  APSRtC is not as bad as TSRTC for the same reason when it comes to loss making

you are talking about long distance. all the routes you mentioned are long distance. indian population is in villages/towns

yeah, I agree taht some private participation is useful, in that it provides users more choice of travel. different levels of travel.

but this calculation that privatizing will save on cost is wrong.

you are claiming that TS has no intercity private buses, which is really strange. I have to observe when I go to hyd next time. 

5 minutes ago, crashnburn said:

I think you have it all mixed up. private players will try to cash in on the most profitable, high traffic routes.

what's left if state govts give them up, and only ply on routes that very few people run?

the logic is different. state govt buses serve a certain market, and set the base price. private players then run their services with the state govt price as the marker, while introducing different classes of travel.

if you think TSRTC is bad, and it probably is, the answer may be somewhere else.

that is the clause the government has and they can’t be picky about where they operate.

private player would just have a driver and conductor rather than the 1:6 ratio of the RTC. 

the most loss making are the palle velugu buses which ply almost empty one-way. 

2 minutes ago, Migilindi23 said:

you are talking about long distance. all the routes you mentioned are long distance. indian population is in villages/towns

is there no private service between hyd-warrangal etc?

that is what he's claiming.

4 minutes ago, Migilindi23 said:

no they make stop overs in villages and towns, i have taken a beaten up chennai travels few years ago and experienced it first hand (from chennai to vijaywada)

3 minutes ago, crashnburn said:

is there no private service between hyd-warrangal etc?

that is what he's claiming.

99% government buses, there is one every 10-15 minutes

5 minutes ago, hyperbole said:

that is the clause the government has and they can’t be picky about where they operate.

private player would just have a driver and conductor rather than the 1:6 ratio of the RTC. 

this is a bit tricky, and can be easily overlooked both the private players, and the govt in enforcing this.

1:6 ratio is probably because drivers are not overworked in 12hr shifts, which is a good thing.

1 minute ago, hyperbole said:

so the govt wants to give that up a little to private.

its a bad idea, although I agree it is what every state has done.

its neoliberal economics, and will cause all sorts of sh1t to pile up.

It is my view that state govt should provide a basic minimum

and private players can be allowed to run high value services on top of it.

whats the point of existence of state if it can't serve the people. just dismiss the state govt and let delhi handle evrything because it will be more efficient.

10 minutes ago, hyperbole said:

so this move makes some sense, if TSRTC is making a loss because there's not enough traffic in these routes to justify the number of buses run by them.

and that there's an opportunity to run higher class of services in these routes, that govt wants private to handle.

but my question is, if there was such a demand, wouldn't the private sector already have cashed in on it? Is there a ban on running private buses in these routes?

2 minutes ago, crashnburn said:

so this move makes some sense, if TSRTC is making a loss because there's not enough traffic in these routes to justify the number of buses run by them.

and that there's an opportunity to run higher class of services in these routes, that govt wants private to handle.

but my question is, if there was such a demand, wouldn't the private sector already have cashed in on it? Is there a ban on running private buses in these routes?

Not sure, but there used to be enough demand. I used to wait for good 30+ mins to catch a bus from hyd to warangal. And on weekends it used to be even more. 

Even iam curious about private players not stepping in earlier. 

1 minute ago, ChinnaBhasha said:

Not sure, but there used to be enough demand. I used to wait for good 30+ mins to catch a bus from hyd to warangal. And on weekends it used to be even more. 

Even iam curious about private players not stepping in earlier. 

There's obviuosly great demand dude. Hyd is now among the premiere cities in India, almost on par with bangalore. everyone is making a beeline to get into and do business in Hyd.

this is pure crony capitalist move. giving away govt resources to private players, instead of making the govt service better.