Runners of DB

tennisluvr

1 hour ago, iddaritho said:

I run 35 to 45 miles every other week a total of 80 miles average per month 

I do 7 miles one day , break 8 miles 2 back to back days , than 2 days break and do 13 to 15 miles ( current routine in April ) 

I had half marathon in March which was cancelled 

now planning to do full marathon in October 

I don’t think you will have issues with knee as the joint will be protected by lot of muscle around 

My resting heart rate is 50 

my legs are very strong

over all I am feeling very confident 

I started January 2019 , I was above 100 kg , 5 10 height ,lost 20 kgs 

initially couldn’t run half mile , by December I was running 5 miles 

Now I am up to 10 to 12 miles easily and can stretch to 15!miles but get exhausted 

run 6 miles every other day and eat right that will be good 

your muscle need rest every other day 

@iddaritho

Good job bro. My question was regarding stretching post the run. So I used to run 5 miles 3 days a week approximating 60 miles per month, not quite 80 but still good enough. 

I can run effortlessly while I run that's not an issue, I average around 10 minutes/mile when running 5 miles. These days I have cut down my runs to 3-4 miles each time I run reason being I have a stiffness in my calf muscles post the run. I have tried stretching my calves out and stretching the IT band but still the pain returns when I go back to run the next time immediately post the run. I do ice my calves regularly too. 

Just wondering if you have any stretching routine that esp hits the calves post the run and takes away the stiffness for the next time you run. Thanks and good job again. 

I just do regular stretches  , but most importantly I try to go for evening walk after my run with family slow walking like a 1 mile 

I also have massage chair that helps a lot 

again I try to space out running 

after my 15 mile this Monday I didn’t run till now A week break 

now will run again tomorrow