New Education Policy || Breaking news

Catalpha

30 minutes ago, TrollBait said:

no. Indians are uniquely stupid. nowhere in the world do educated people seriously believe and argue that their mythological stories actually happened.

what are you blabbering about my sourness? this is how people talk online. check all over the internet. the way I post is how mostly conversations happen. They don't go 'bhayya ..... ba bhaaya.....' like in this db. this db has the max crybabies all over the internet.

knowledge based education aa.. you are just throwing words around just like the clueless people in the Indian govt.  I don't understand what it means.. explain if you do. and let me know how through this policy, the govt is trying to give that 'knowledge based' thingie.

Its crystal clear. the govt is centralizing education, while also callng for token 'mother tongue' instruction until 5. its absolutely a worthless gimmick to push HIndi upto standard 5 for everyone.

The good thing i see from this policy is change in marks based system. We always used to have one final exam. Our future depends on that one exam and question paper. They are trying to move towards western based system where all exams throughout the year are used to measure your knowledge.

Nenu schooling lo vunnappudu, all the teachers used to worry about is only about prepping up student for the final exam. They used to give important questions and asked students to mug up those. This got changed a bit now. When i spoke with my school teacher recently she said that these days they are focusing on making the student understand the concepts rather than mugging up for final exam. I somehow believe this new policy would help students get real education than marks based.

28 minutes ago, proudtobeandhrite said:

The good thing i see from this policy is change in marks based system. We always used to have one final exam. Our future depends on that one exam and question paper. They are trying to move towards western based system where all exams throughout the year are used to measure your knowledge.

Nenu schooling lo vunnappudu, all the teachers used to worry about is only about prepping up student for the final exam. They used to give important questions and asked students to mug up those. This got changed a bit now. When i spoke with my school teacher recently she said that these days they are focusing on making the student understand the concepts rather than mugging up for final exam. I somehow believe this new policy would help students get real education than marks based.

I don't have anything to say to this. i just want to point out that many states in India (including AP and TG) still haven't achieved 100% enrolment in schools.

also that most learning in kids happens in environments where they challenge themselves against their peers, like on a sports ground or science fairs (very rare). It's almost impossible to make sure that every kid (or even most kids) can grasp 'concepts', and that's why rote learning exists. It worked for brahmins (now don't call me hitler.. just pointing out)... brahmins on avg seemed to have tremendously benefited by their community's insistence on rote learning. why do you think it won't work on others?

may be it won't, or it will. I don't know.  I think even kids that did learn through memorization are not under such a disadvantage in India, as much as lack of english puts them in. anyway, I don't have much of a problem with this part of the policy, though I don't know how they will train teachers to give 'knowledge based' education without bias. marks are much harder to manipulate IMO.

39 minutes ago, proudtobeandhrite said:

most learning don't happen in classrooms. schools are for socializing with other kids and learning from each other while playing and fighting.

There are lots of problems with this bullshit education policy, the main one is centralization of education. I think most CMs will reject this policy that is vague on almost everything. 

next is privatization of research and education at higher levels.I'm too bored to list everything. so just let me rant. lol.

India sucks.

most of all, this 'education policy' prescribes a national entrace test even for arts/science courses after high school. 

this will absolutely demoralise majority of students from pursuing graduation even.

some overeducated Indians truly live on another plane completely detached from reality of India.

have you seen the disappointment on the face of a guy who passed his technical interview and failed an english test in his IT job search? do you think he lacks intelligence and practical skills or that the job market favours English over other languages?

10 minutes ago, TrollBait said:

I don't have anything to say to this. i just want to point out that many states in India (including AP and TG) still haven't achieved 100% enrolment in schools.

also that most learning in kids happens in environments where they challenge themselves against their peers, like on a sports ground or science fairs (very rare). It's almost impossible to make sure that every kid (or even most kids) can grasp 'concepts', and that's why rote learning exists. It worked for brahmins (now don't call me hitler.. just pointing out)... brahmins on avg seemed to have tremendously benefited by their community's insistence on rote learning. why do you think it won't work on others?

may be it won't, or it will. I don't know.  I think even kids that did learn through memorization are not under such a disadvantage in India, as much as lack of english puts them in. anyway, I don't have much of a problem with this part of the policy, though I don't know how they will train teachers to give 'knowledge based' education without bias. marks are much harder to manipulate IMO.

I think adding preschool  to mandatory education, which this policy did,  will help increase the enrollments in Govt schools with mid day meals . Also, this policy is making schooling upto +2 mandatory (Used to be only till 10th class), which i think is good too.

Brahmins took early plunge into education system. They got degrees (rot system could have helped) where jobs require a degree. They obviously benefited from their early plunge. They benefited from education vs non education aspects rather than rot vs knowledge based aspects within educated spectrum.

Bias in opportunity is not good. I don't know how govt will handle that situation. We already have discriminatory laws to curb, but those doesnt work. Peoples outlook should change (I dont know how it will and how long it takes though).

most of all, this 'education policy' prescribes a national entrace test even for arts/science courses after high school. So the board exams will test 'core concepts' and not rote learning, but there will be competitive exams where students will have absolute trouble to get past upper class students.

this will absolutely demoralise majority of students from pursuing graduation even.

some overeducated Indians truly live on another plane completely detached from reality of India.

have you seen the disappointment on the face of a guy who passed his technical interview and failed an english test in his IT job search? do you think he lacks intelligence and practical skills or that the job market favours English over other languages?

2 minutes ago, proudtobeandhrite said:

I think adding preschool  to mandatory education, which this policy did,  will help increase the enrollments in Govt schools with mid day meals . Also, this policy is making schooling upto +2 mandatory (Used to be only till 10th class), which i think is good too.

Brahmins took early plunge into education system. They got degrees (rot system could have helped) where jobs require a degree. They obviously benefited from their early plunge. They benefited from education vs non education aspects rather than rot vs knowledge based aspects within educated spectrum.

Bias in opportunity is not good. I don't know how govt will handle that situation. We already have discriminatory laws to curb, but those doesnt work. Peoples outlook should change (I dont know how it will and how long it takes though).

I don't find kids who learned through memorization as uniquely incapable of dealing with the market, compared to the ones from private school who have 'all round' education. The difference is in who has had more resources. and has nothing to do with what way they learnt.

so you are saying that the current job market is so complex that rote learning couldn't help someone get a job, anthe na? I bet I can pick any high school kid off the street and train him/her (if he's interested) to be an above avg programmer in TamilNadu. Not just programming, any other complex jobs are possible if the kids are provided the resources..

the rote learning from state board syllabus in TN, created an army of such kids... TN didn't even use to have an entrance test for engineering and medical college, and has the best medical infra in the country.

so should India try to emulate TN, or force TN to change their strategy based on some fancy bs policy?

I know this policy promotes internships at local shops for kids. can you think how it will go? we'll have kids working in sweet shops, hotels and it'll be called internship. you just wait and see.

14 minutes ago, proudtobeandhrite said:

it doesn't matter how early they took the plunge. They benefit even now from rote learning. They are trained from when they are young to learn some form of art or another or just memorize long shlokas. It helps them improve several aspects of learning.

for example, when you go to learn a dance or some art, do you expect the teacher to teach you all the concepts or just make you draw line after line after line for years in completely abstract nonsensical ways, that will only make sense when you get to the point where your mind starts seeing the big picture by itself, instead of your teacher telling hat the big picture is?

same thing works for maths and science. Its okay to rote learn them.

you can't teach a kid or anyone anything. this 'knowledge based' education doesn't make sense to me. but I agree it works for some. mostly prodigy types.

6 minutes ago, TrollBait said:

it doesn't matter how early they took the plunge. They benefit even now from rote learning. They are trained from when they are young to learn some form of art or another or just memorize long shlokas. It helps them improve several aspects of learning.

for example, when you go to learn a dance or some art, do you expect the teacher to teach you all the concepts or just make you draw line after line after line for years in completely abstract nonsensical ways, that will only make sense when you get to the point where your mind starts seeing the big picture by itself, instead of your teacher telling hat the big picture is?

same thing works for maths and science. Its okay to rote learn them.

you can't teach a kid or anyone anything. this 'knowledge based' education doesn't make sense to me. but I agree it works for some. mostly prodigy types.

Agreed. On a funny note, it seems like you are secretly patronizing Brahmins.

20 minutes ago, TrollBait said:

I don't find kids who learned through memorization as uniquely incapable of dealing with the market, compared to the ones from private school who have 'all round' education. The difference is in who has had more resources. and has nothing to do with what way they learnt.

so you are saying that the current job market is so complex that rote learning couldn't help someone get a job, anthe na? I bet I can pick any high school kid off the street and train him/her (if he's interested) to be an above avg programmer in TamilNadu. Not just programming, any other complex jobs are possible if the kids are provided the resources..

the rote learning from state board syllabus in TN, created an army of such kids... TN didn't even use to have an entrance test for engineering and medical college, and has the best medical infra in the country.

so should India try to emulate TN, or force TN to change their strategy based on some fancy bs policy?

I know this policy promotes internships at local shops for kids. can you think how it will go? we'll have kids working in sweet shops, hotels and it'll be called internship. you just wait and see.

Atleast that would help entitled middle class kids to come across with "dignity of labor" philosophy. 

Just now, proudtobeandhrite said:

Agreed. On a funny note, it seems like you are secretly patronizing Brahmins.

where did you get the impression I hate brahmins? its only in your mind. majority of my friends are brahmins.

but as usual, you swiftly catch my admiration for the brahmin method, and completely neglect how dravidians copied brahmins with TN's education system (that was termed as a joke by most in India) that encouraged rote learning. TN board exams didn't even have questions  that weren't from prescribed book's exercises.

can you claim with confidence that TN kids are dumber than rest of India, that were busy preparing for competitive exams and wrote tough exams like eamcet and kcet?

The only education policy India needs is...

1. atleast 5% spending on education, up from 1% now

2. complete ban of english at every level. and no pushing Hindi. eg. TN will not have hindi schools if UP won't have Tamil schools for tamil kids (if there are any)

3. complete ban on any national level entrance exams.

4. turn over IITs and all national institutes to state govts.

6 hours ago, TrollBait said:

keep living in your bubble. what's the point of mother tongue education until 5th grade when there are national entrance exams like JEE, and NEET..It'll be same old same old after 5th grade where upper middle class kids would have an advantage when english is introduced.

so students won't even be learning 'core concepts' in their mother tongue until high school. unless students study in mother tongue even in graduation and have jobs available in their mother tongue, this is all just eyewash.

little bits of nice sounding policies for each of their gorrey crowd. you are from the gorrey crowd that respects authority like AIIMS and IIT... so they throw this bisket for you. 

all of them are not going to come together as a coherent policy that makes any sense

exactly it is bane for poor and middle class people, racharika plana lo ki tisukelthunaru

a glib english speaking asshole like myself should not be allowed to have any advantage in the job market in India, over regular Indians.

what point is an education policy that doesn't address this huge gap between english and non-english speaking job seekers in India?

Jagan is an idiot who thinks he can teach public school kids English at the level where they can compete with private educated kids. because he can't gather the balls to ban english in his state. none of the cms can too.

but it can be done under a national level. but obviously BJP has to pander to its english loving electorate that is drawing oversized salaries purely based on their access to the english language. so they throw this biscuit and that biscuit to all and sundry and call it policy

• Upvote 1