When did you realize that caste groups existed?

Iriswest

12 minutes ago, Iriswest said:

Eye opening posts. Thank you all. I was not alone ani telisindi. India vellipovali annantha kopam vastundi.

Angry American Idol GIF

no matter where ever you go in this world its universal just different level to different countries

problem is youth are generalizing to entire community or region 

marriage times lone you will hear more caste. like parents giving you indirect hints like other caste ppl are a** holes. maname goppollam etc. they are low caste etc..and mellaga mana brain ki kooda ekkutadi. 

of course true also. if your dad is high caste and has gouravam will he give you to some low caste road side fellow daughter / son , how good or intelligent they are

8 minutes ago, futureofandhra said:

no matter where ever you go in this world its universal just different level to different countries

problem is youth are generalizing to entire community or region 

It's about judgement of the unknown. If you mingle only with people from your caste or race, and see people around you do the same, you will notice casteism or racism based on the judgement of the unknown. If you are in groups like that you also judge American people as being racist, without mingling them. In general, if you have more exposure of other communities, you will say racism or casteism is in your head, you will see people for who they are, rather than what you think they are. 

2 minutes ago, jambalhaatraja said:

marriage times lone you will hear more caste. like parents giving you indirect hints like other caste ppl are a** holes. maname goppollam etc. they are low caste etc..and mellaga mana brain ki kooda ekkutadi. 

of course true also. if your dad is high caste and has gouravam will he give you to some low caste road side fellow daughter / son , how good or intelligent they are

Aa gouravam anedi ediithe cheppavoo..adi valla nannaku caste basis meeda istunnaru anukovadam antha moorkhatvam inkoti ledu..

people are respected either because of money, or power or because of the good deeds &help they do..not because of just caste. Nuvvu entha goppa caste lo puttina if you don't have above nobody will respect you..

Just now, summer27 said:

Aa gouravam anedi ediithe cheppavoo..adi valla nannaku caste basis meeda istunnaru anukovadam antha moorkhatvam inkoti ledu..

people are respected either because of money, or power or because of the good deeds &help they do..not because of just caste. Nuvvu entha goppa caste lo puttina if you don't have above nobody will respect you..

nee bongulo respect 100 rs petti line lo petti kontaru. money pride ego all are related man. if one starts in your life rest will automatically come without you knowing it. Nuvvu cheppe chetta anta vinadaniki good ante. not in real life. 

4 minutes ago, VinPetrol said:

May b am wrong. .... here is my guess

AP lo --> baby 21st day ki

TG lo-> US vachaka ..oho ela caste group cheyali kabolu.. ani started 

Depends on who you meet with after coming to the US. 

Just now, betapilli said:

Mothaniki Naa point of view ardham chesukunnav. Vinnanu kaani US lo Nenu face cheyyaledhu

2 minutes ago, betapilli said:

:)of course. .. all are giving their opinions based on their personal exp.  I don't think someone can sponsor to get the real answer from public. 

11 minutes ago, Rushabhi said:

Mothaniki Naa point of view ardham chesukunnav. Vinnanu kaani US lo Nenu face cheyyaledhu

Yeah, you mingled with people of other castes, but you didn't mingle with people of other races. That's why you think casteism doesn't exist but racism exists. 

2 hours ago, summer27 said:

My engineering started in 99. I studied in govt eng college, campus. My college has multiple caste groups, it was mostly dominated by Reddys, Chows and Converted batch. 

Reddys were large in number and also had support from management. But there were both good and bad apples in reddy's. Some of them were quite liberal (in fact communist level liberals), some were genuinely good, some of course were rotten with caste feelings.

But Chows were worst of the lot. It's suprising to see every single one of them had caste feeling to the deepest of their core. They always felt they are superior and talked, played only with their group, select only their caste people in sports teams, intentionally targeting girls from other caste. They used to boast how many non-chow girls they had defiled and ruined them. It was the worst feeling, nauseating, disgusting for me.

I hated them so much that it blurs my judgement even today, inspite of knowing the fact that they are all not same.

@futureofandhra vachi nee regular dialogue kottipo... not all just few ani

Interesting thread....

Caste feeling chupinchey vallu, caste gurinchi alochinchey vallu, lekapothey inkoka caste chala bad ani feel ayye vallu max middle class people.

I have observed that caste doesn't play major part in lower income people or very rich people.

Caste, religion and even race doesn't matter if you have nothing or have everything.

Now coming to a spl category called middle class...

Intlo pempakam batti mana attitude chala depend ayyi vuntaadu. If you are living in urban areas, you attend schools and colleges which are melting pots.

But intlo chinnapati nunchi if caste becomes one of the dominant topics in everyday life... It moulds you when you become an adult.

11 minutes ago, betapilli said:

Yeah, you mingled with people of other castes, but you didn't mingle with people of other races. That's why you think casteism doesn't exist but racism exists. 

Sare Oka example cheptha. My friend okasari pappu teesukoni vasthe lunch ki what’s for lunch ante explain chesindi. They told it looks like sh$t literally ani. Alanti 2 to 3 overt racist remarks tarvatha she calmly changed teams. I asked why not complain ani. She said naakenduku teams change avutha ani. Is it not racism? Just because you comfortably lived in Bay Area where people of all races flock, does that mean there is no racism anywhere? Inko incident there were two colleagues of mine. One guy tella inkokallu desi. Aa tella guy was off most of the time family leave teesukoni appointments teesukoni. Athani work kooda ee desi guy teesukunnadu. So double work chesadu. Come promotion time tella guy was promoted and the desi guy was not recognized. 3 rd incident someone from Bay Area relocated to here desi. Was looking for positions but higher management positions. He was having a hard time told midwest lo higher management is white males dominated and it is not easy to break in to that circle . He never had issues like that in Bay Area. Ledhu ani nuvvu anukunte saripodhu. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, betapilli said:

Pray to Lord Pk your jabbu will vanish thank you