Should suicide be legalized?

zarathustra

1 hour ago, zarathustra said:

Life wasted anedi we are no one to judge, how is it that someone that did some monotonous 8-5 job and slaved away his whole life to contribute to an unfair system and died at the end from all that stress is considered "successful" and his life is "fulfilled"? 

Yes suicide should be legalized by will. 

Success anedi relative what is success for u might not be success for me.  

Kallu chetulu sarigga undi tinadaniki tindi undi 8-5 job unnavallu privileged in my opinion.  Life valuable or wasted is also by perspective. 

As i said in prev post suicide by will should be legalized. However, chinna chinna kashtalekey chastaremo aney its not legalized.

Medically assisted is already legal in many states in USA, canada , aus etc.

Just now, reality said:

genuine ga suicide ki decide ayinodu... legal aa illegal ani chudaru... so it doesn’t make any difference.

If it is legalized. Suicide zones open avthay. You will be able to die without pain smoothly . Adho sadism 

10 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

Not everyone shares your concept of enjoyment, and for most people for the most part of their lives there's little to no enjoyment anyway. 

They live and continue existence due to responsibilities, sense of duty, dependency of family on them etc etc not so much because they enjoy doing a mundane 9-5 job to come home and watch Netflix and sleep. 

I too agree with you bro...we see everyone from our own perspective...there are people who love working 8-5 and go back home and there are other type who like to party always since they don't have any responsibilities...my point is something else is disturbing them inside and that need to be addressed...

My son's school has a kid's therapist who is always available in the school and she has 1:1 sessions with every kid...one day, I got a phone call from the therapist that while she was talking to my son, he revealed that he tried to stab himself with a plastic knife...upon further questioning, he revealed that someone said him that there is a better place called heaven and it's better to go there...I was shocked listening to this...Since then we are 100% monitoring my son...he is just 7 years old...$s@d

2 hours ago, zarathustra said:

Yes but asking a question doesn't mean I am considering it. 

I find it quite inconsiderate of society to judge someone when we talk so much about individual "freedom"

If you find it inconsiderate of society isn’t this judging ? Society ante people aey ga ?  Nothing is white and black in this world . Everything is based on situations , exposure , perspectives and more than anything mindset of the person .  10th class failed ani chaste Emanukuntam? Ayyo avasaram ga poyadu after all chaduvu what’s so big deal antaru but no one says his right his freedom . Most times people have alternatives and they will have better life with support and will change their opinion .  

Archaleni terchaleni kashtalu unnavallaki yes they should be left at will alanti vallani batikundalsindi ani kuda anaru  enni kashtaloo he don’t have ray at the end of tunnel antaru.  Depends . 

EOD suicide chesukunevallani judge chesina cheyakunna they don’t care . Valla life aey vallaki difficult .  But , attempt chesi survive ayite punishment is cruel . They shouldn’t make it life more difficult for them . Counsel chesi how they can help chudali. 

irrelevant but don't these stupid pranks 

A few of my friends (not anymore) thought it would be funny to report me to the police as a suicide risk. I was out with them on Friday night and we had a few drinks. After I left for home, apparently they decided to call the police in turns (maybe 6 or 7 calls) each telling them that I was very suicidal that night and I had repeatedly told them that I was considering suicide and that I also own a gun. They lied about me being cheated on by a girlfriend earlier this week. I don't have a girlfriend.

Anyway, that night police showed up and I was drunk. Obviously at the time I didn't know what was going on. The police asked me several questions and I answered them, but I was also very sleepy. Police told me that I need to be checked by a medical professional and they're waiting for the ambulance to arrive. I was checked by the EMS and asked to go to a hospital with them for further tests to ensure that I was fine. At the hospital they wanted to perform blood and urine tests which I refused to consent to. I was told that I'm not allowed to leave until I am assessed by a social worker in the morning. This left me so frustrated and in the morning I was a little agitated by all of these when I did speak with the social worker, who then recommended that I'll be taken psych ward for further examination and ensuring that I was not a danger to myself and others. Up until this point I had no idea that my friends had reported me for this. The social worker said this decision is made based on the testimony of multiple people who know me personally who were concerned for my well-being and they can't take these signs lightly.

To make it short, things were cleared up at the psych ward (although very slowly) and I was let go on Monday morning in time to make it to work without being significantly late.

My friends (not anymore) had bragged on Facebook about how they've made me committed and were praising their skills of deception and pranking. Luckily, another friend noticed these and took screenshots.

Assuming I go to the police with these, are they facing any legal consequences?

7 minutes ago, Hector8 said:

irrelevant but don't these stupid pranks 

A few of my friends (not anymore) thought it would be funny to report me to the police as a suicide risk. I was out with them on Friday night and we had a few drinks. After I left for home, apparently they decided to call the police in turns (maybe 6 or 7 calls) each telling them that I was very suicidal that night and I had repeatedly told them that I was considering suicide and that I also own a gun. They lied about me being cheated on by a girlfriend earlier this week. I don't have a girlfriend.

Anyway, that night police showed up and I was drunk. Obviously at the time I didn't know what was going on. The police asked me several questions and I answered them, but I was also very sleepy. Police told me that I need to be checked by a medical professional and they're waiting for the ambulance to arrive. I was checked by the EMS and asked to go to a hospital with them for further tests to ensure that I was fine. At the hospital they wanted to perform blood and urine tests which I refused to consent to. I was told that I'm not allowed to leave until I am assessed by a social worker in the morning. This left me so frustrated and in the morning I was a little agitated by all of these when I did speak with the social worker, who then recommended that I'll be taken psych ward for further examination and ensuring that I was not a danger to myself and others. Up until this point I had no idea that my friends had reported me for this. The social worker said this decision is made based on the testimony of multiple people who know me personally who were concerned for my well-being and they can't take these signs lightly.

To make it short, things were cleared up at the psych ward (although very slowly) and I was let go on Monday morning in time to make it to work without being significantly late.

My friends (not anymore) had bragged on Facebook about how they've made me committed and were praising their skills of deception and pranking. Luckily, another friend noticed these and took screenshots.

Assuming I go to the police with these, are they facing any legal consequences?

Good post ! Yes , suicide prevention line ki call chesi comedy cheste i am hurting myself or someone is hurting ani  vachi pattukoni potaru .  Crazy stupid friends vellaki punishment ravali budhi ledu to even prank this way .

1 minute ago, Amrita said:

Good post ! Yes , suicide prevention line ki call chesi comedy cheste i am hurting myself or someone is hurting ani  vachi pattukoni potaru .  Crazy stupid friends vellaki punishment ravali budhi ledu to even prank this way .

yup....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zarathustra said:

Again, my point is why should that be considered as a disease? What if someone doesn't want to work 8-5 M-F to buy some pointless junk and continue living a depressing life? Is continuing a depressing life because of what people consider "success" better than taking themselves out of the system? 

Things changes widely from person to person even if they do same 9-5 job.. everybody can find a purpose in live..

If you are lost, read our puranas.. you will get tons of ideas to live life in a fulfilling way

25 minutes ago, YeddiBK said:

Things changes widely from person to person even if they do same 9-5 job.. everybody can find a purpose in live..

If you are lost, read our puranas.. you will get tons of ideas to live life in a fulfilling way

I have read a lot of those things, they don't offer a magic pill. 

Based on the answers here, one thing is clear. 

Even the ones that say someone is "lost" because they want to plug themselves out of the system for perfectly valid and existential reasons, are "lost" themselves. They just think they have the moral high ground because of some mumbo jumbo they have read in some "purana", or some "philosophical insight" written often times by someone else, or due to a sense of duty/loyalty towards their relationships etc etc. 

That apart, it's a totally individual decision that has to be left to the discretion of the individual, if we truly respect people's individuality as we all claim to be. Suicide should not be discouraged but rather celebrated as part of some people's "enlightenment" in continuing a pointless existence. Maybe this would be the giant awakening humanity talks about, where humanity decides to slowly cull itself by encouraging people to commit suicide. 

PS: For those that are asking me if I am okay, or think I am lost, or whatever I am not contemplating suicide. I have certain responsibilities etc that are preventing me from doing so, yet I am happy to accept that life is a pointless existence and the way I see it, it's not going to change much even if I were offered a lot of money, power whatever. 

2 hours ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

i support this: 

terminally ill patients who are bed ridden or quality of life is so low then they can chose. In fact  one should be able to make this decision when you are healthy. Either list out criteria to take life support or designate some one to make that decision. 

suicide is legal or illegal is no meaning now - you are charged only if you fail to die.... we are already at a stage where you can peacefully die if you want to. Im sure its going to be even more easy in future ... drugs 

@Amrita and @zarathustra this is what I am planning - for real..once i reach 50 or 55 , i'll have a plan to end my life if need be. if I get to live that far is another question.... i see too many people die in 40s.. one accident or heart attack... 

or next version of covid.... 

7 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

@Amrita and @zarathustra this is what I am planning - for real..once i reach 50 or 55 , i'll have a plan to end my life if need be. if I get to live that far is another question.... i see too many people die in 40s.. one accident or heart attack... 

whatever one thinks is right . I will never suicide but if I get death this moment also I am fine . I believe human life is valuable even if I may not be happy I can bring smile on someone else’s life . Any human has that ability . We need to change our thinking if we are depressed and find purpose .  We always will have a purpose . I won’t quit even at work I like to try and fail rather no way I will quit in life . I will try and fail which I did several times already . 

If someone commits suicidei have empathy but yes I feel sad thinking they may have had very happy life if they could cross that hard time . Two of my friends committed suicide in inter . My best friend brother committed suicide too .  It hurts a lot that a life was cut that short . 

6 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

Too many people die in their 40s now a days as they are always under the pressure to be better than what they are yesterday, or be 1 up on someone else they compare themselves against. While that comparison by itself may or may not be bad depending on the individual conditioning, it's harsh and hypocritical on the part of society to judge someone who commits suicide as being weak minded. 

If anything, to end life in a pointless world is an act of supreme bravery. Anyone that commits suicide needs to be hailed as a hero.