Should suicide be legalized?

zarathustra

4 minutes ago, Amrita said:

whatever one thinks is right . I will never suicide but if I get death this moment also I am fine . I believe human life is valuable even if I may not be happy I can bring smile on someone else’s life . Any human has that ability . We need to change our thinking if we are depressed and find purpose .  We always will have a purpose . I won’t quit even at work I like to try and fail rather no way I will quit in life . I will try and fail which I did several times. 

Why is only human life valuable, life as it exists is valuable. Except that just because it's valuable doesn't mean all life will be sustainable, if all life had a moral right to be sustained then we wouldn't have seen a nature which has a survival of the fittest as it's agenda. Nature itself culls the weakest genes in a gene pool, and is quite ruthless in the way it does it. 

It's perfectly possible for anyone to commit suicide with a smile on his/her face. Suicide may not have nothing to do with depression either, I am not depressed and yet I ask myself existential questions all the time. That by itself has nothing to do with depression, it's just that society finds itself unable to answer when questioned about trying to ascribe meaning to a meaningless existence. Everything else is a personal preference, as it comes to your philosophy on work or failure. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

Why is only human life valuable, life as it exists is valuable. Except that just because it's valuable doesn't mean all life will be sustainable, if all life had a moral right to be sustained then we wouldn't have seen a nature which has a survival of the fittest as it's agenda. Nature itself culls the weakest genes in a gene pool, and is quite ruthless in the way it does it. 

It's perfectly possible for anyone to commit suicide with a smile on his/her face. Suicide may not have nothing to do with depression either, I am not depressed and yet I ask myself existential questions all the time. That by itself has nothing to do with depression, it's just that society finds itself unable to answer when questioned about trying to ascribe meaning to a meaningless existence. Everything else is a personal preference, as it comes to your philosophy on work or failure. 

Didn’t we talk about humans in this thread ? Every life is valuable .   I don’t know at least one person who is happy and committed suicide. I will believe this part when I encounter such person but most people commit suicide in pain . 

1 hour ago, Amrita said:

Success anedi relative what is success for u might not be success for me.  

Kallu chetulu sarigga undi tinadaniki tindi undi 8-5 job unnavallu privileged in my opinion.  Life valuable or wasted is also by perspective. 

As i said in prev post suicide by will should be legalized. However, chinna chinna kashtalekey chastaremo aney its not legalized.

Medically assisted is already legal in many states in USA, canada , aus etc.

Success is relative, just like that the meaningfulness or meaningless of existence is very relative as well. 

While medically assisted suicide is legal, it's often only accepted in cases where the person has already become a vegetable and is beyond their own means to make a decision on that. Someone else, like a close relative etc usually gets to make a decision on their behalf. That by itself, defeats the original purpose of giving that power to the person himself/herself. 

3 minutes ago, Amrita said:

Didn’t we talk about humans in this thread ? Every life is valuable . 

Yes maybe because animals don't commit suicide in the wild, I don't know I guess there might be some that do. 

I meant every life is valuable to drive the point that even if were to perceive it to be, that won't prevent nature from making sure that some of that valuable life is taken away in quite brutal fashion as we see in the wild all the time. 

1 minute ago, zarathustra said:

Success is relative, just like that the meaningfulness or meaningless of existence is very relative as well. 

While medically assisted suicide is legal, it's often only accepted in cases where the person has already become a vegetable and is beyond their own means to make a decision on that. Someone else, like a close relative etc usually gets to make a decision on their behalf. That by itself, defeats the original purpose of giving that power to the person himself/herself. 

That’s what I told in my previous post that success is relative . 

2 minutes ago, Amrita said:

I used that to extend the discussion. 

3 minutes ago, Amrita said:

3 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

hmmm.. I have 500 word essay running on my mind right now.. hehe..

ofcourse its crap.. that's a given.

All opinions here are crap anyway, someone's crap is someone else's food for thought. 

10 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

Yes maybe because animals don't commit suicide in the wild, I don't know I guess there might be some that do. 

I meant every life is valuable to drive the point that even if were to perceive it to be, that won't prevent nature from making sure that some of that valuable life is taken away in quite brutal fashion as we see in the wild all the time. 

Anduke I said it depends on several factors and the person mind set . Every life is valuable including all living beings . If one makes that choice let them be . I never mocked people who committed suicide. Na pakkana kuchinna ammayi same bench aey suicide chesukundi ayyo papam anukunnam kani she has no right she was wrong anukole . Out of Love she might have crossed that hard time anukunnam. It’s human to not celebrate death mostly I think if with some help that may change .  Suicide anta chesukovali anukunte no one can stop them Anyway . News lo chusi ayyo anukuntam close ayite edustunnam that’s all . 

3 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

Yes kadu ani evaru annaru ? 

2 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

ofcourse suicide must be legalized. a person must have the right to determine when he wants to stop living.

+ 100