Tesla Model Y vs Merc GLC 300

babai1234

1 minute ago, NeneRajuNeneManthri said:

i'm not going based of PR and external noise or TSLA stock. I don't even have a dollar in their stock. I'm going off based on experience. Again, you can't take one off or two off issue scenarios against whole product.

MX is not that successful compared to MS, M3. MY is their best out of all. If you go to any car company forum, their sales forums will have great and appreciating posts and how they are dying to get their cars. If you go to support forums, it will all be issues. that doesn't mean the products are bad. care to list what issues you had instead of making a generic statement?

My point is not MX, it's against a luxury vehicle specially EV vs Non-EV. Buy something else.

3 minutes ago, tacobell fan said:

I wish and I almost wanted to do it but I paid 112k and it cost 55k max now and selling is another stupid thing to do now.  Lose 65k in 4 years? lol lease costs fraction of it.

4 years ago buying EV is dumb and spending 112K on an EV at that point is very dumb.... Sorry you had issues, but don't generalize just because you had issues or challenges.

1 minute ago, tacobell fan said:

My point is not MX, it's against a luxury vehicle specially EV vs Non-EV. Buy something else.

EV isn't luxury and Tesla isn't a premium vehicle even if they claim to be.. if people want EV, they should go to tesla now as that's the best out of there.. EV vs Gas is a completely diff story. I personally didn't have any differences driving an EV vs Gas in long trips. And EVs are better for local commute which is primary driving for most people.

5 minutes ago, NeneRajuNeneManthri said:

EV is not early adoption now. It used to be couple years ago but now EV infrastructure is good enough. Again, tesla is fine, but going to other car EV is a nightmare mainly with charging options.

I have unlimited free supercharging and I don't think same way. New Tesla owners will have to pay for it and worst part is yet to come when the network opens to third party. There isn't enough charging available yet specially when you drive to places where nothing available and you are forced to choose a different route. When battery start to degrade and doesn't hold the full range we are talking. Compare this with non EV and tell me how it looks. 

1 minute ago, NeneRajuNeneManthri said:

EV isn't luxury and Tesla isn't a premium vehicle even if they claim to be.. if people want EV, they should go to tesla now as that's the best out of there.. EV vs Gas is a completely diff story. I personally didn't have any differences driving an EV vs Gas in long trips. And EVs are better for local commute which is primary driving for most people.

Tesla is luxury. 

4 minutes ago, NeneRajuNeneManthri said:

4 years ago buying EV is dumb and spending 112K on an EV at that point is very dumb.... Sorry you had issues, but don't generalize just because you had issues or challenges.

@3$% the underlying problems didn't change from 4 years. Reminding you charge cycles did not improve. Battery Tech did not improve and whoever buying for next 4 years also dumb antava endi

2 minutes ago, tacobell fan said:

I have unlimited free supercharging and I don't think same way. New Tesla owners will have to pay for it and worst part is yet to come when the network opens to third party. There isn't enough charging available yet specially when you drive to places where nothing available and you are forced to choose a different route. When battery start to degrade and doesn't hold the full range we are talking. Compare this with non EV and tell me how it looks. 

again you are generalizing based on some specific scenarios. EV isn't for everyone but doesn't mean everyone shouldn't get it. routing away from primary topic of discussion. Tesla is better EV out there.. going to EV or not is a different story. EV right now is best for commute with home charging and some trips. If you are a heavy road trip guy then EV isn't good option now.

6 minutes ago, NeneRajuNeneManthri said:

it makes sense to discuss if you have experience in this space. Sorry I can't spend too much time explaining when you are not in the place where the pain points are. This is not a generalization, realization. 

Just now, NeneRajuNeneManthri said:

again you are generalizing based on some specific scenarios. EV isn't for everyone but doesn't mean everyone shouldn't get it. routing away from primary topic of discussion. Tesla is better EV out there.. going to EV or not is a different story. EV right now is best for commute with home charging and some trips. If you are a heavy road trip guy then EV isn't good option now.

lol I have 20k miles on 4 years. In case if you want to know my driving habits. You don't even own it to know it. 

8 minutes ago, tacobell fan said:

I agree to a certain point on this. There are few times I had to drive MY like a grand ma to save battery and sometimes choose different route.

Other than that car is pretty good and would buy again. I owned Audi A4 and A6 in the past and satisfied with MY.

@3$% the underlying problems didn't change from 4 years. Reminding you charge cycles did not improve. Battery Tech did not improve and whoever buying for next 4 years also dumb antava endi

obviously. a phone bought today will not have same battery life 4 yrs later or even 2 yrs later. a car will not have same battery life too.. but the degradation is lot less compared to phones. day 1 ochina battery life ee 4 yrs tarvatha kooda ostundi ani konte ganaka dumb ee.. silent_I1

Just now, Yuvasamudram said:

I agree to a certain point on this. There are few times I had to drive MY like a grand ma to save battery and sometimes choose different route.

Other than that car is pretty good and buy again. I owned Audi A4 and A6 in the past and satisfied with MY.

You will agree when that $hitty battery degrades and lose charge cycles and you now have to cut short everything 

it makes sense to discuss if you have experience in this space. Sorry I can't spend too much time explaining when you are not in the place where the pain points are. This is not a generalization, realization. 

experience undi kabatte discuss chestunna.. if you aren't interested im out of this. I am not saying your decision is wrong or your exp is false. I'm saying the factors you faced are driven by situations and scenarios. But it isn't related to just Tesla which is my whole point.

If anyone wants EV now, Tesla is the best out there is my take on it. EV vs non-EV is a completely diff story and decision will be based on each one's specific scenario.