Tesla Model Y vs Merc GLC 300

babai1234

1 minute ago, NeneRajuNeneManthri said:

obviously. a phone bought today will not have same battery life 4 yrs later or even 2 yrs later. a car will not have same battery life too.. but the degradation is lot less compared to phones. day 1 ochina battery life ee 4 yrs tarvatha kooda ostundi ani konte ganaka dumb ee.. silent_I1

Not quite right with this analogy by friend. When competing with luxury segment you need muscle and take care of the customers. You need time to get there. 

4 minutes ago, tacobell fan said:

lol I have 20k miles on 4 years. In case if you want to know my driving habits. You don't even own it to know it. 

you think I don't own an EV and I am just typing out whatever I feel? LOL This is the best assumption I have seen LOL LOL LOL

Just now, NeneRajuNeneManthri said:

experience undi kabatte discuss chestunna.. if you aren't interested im out of this. I am not saying your decision is wrong or your exp is false. I'm saying the factors you faced are driven by situations and scenarios. But it isn't related to just Tesla which is my whole point.

If anyone wants EV now, Tesla is the best out there is my take on it. EV vs non-EV is a completely diff story and decision will be based on each one's specific scenario.

Thread topic main discussion is EV vs Non-EV. What do you expect me to say here? Praise Tesla ?

3 minutes ago, Yuvasamudram said:

I agree to a certain point on this. There are few times I had to drive MY like a grand ma to save battery and sometimes choose different route.

Other than that car is pretty good and would buy again. I owned Audi A4 and A6 in the past and satisfied with MY.

100%. EV can't be driven like a gas car. 

you think I don't own an EV and I am just typing out whatever I feel? LOL This is the best assumption I have seen LOL LOL LOL

none of your points even make sense when you defend something without real life examples. I'm yet to see one. 

1 minute ago, tacobell fan said:

Thread topic main discussion is EV vs Non-EV. What do you expect me to say here? Praise Tesla ?

Merc if you can afford maintenance. Fck TSLA. Done with that crap.

this was your comment. Which is what I'm going on.

3 minutes ago, tacobell fan said:

Not quite right with this analogy by friend. When competing with luxury segment you need muscle and take care of the customers. You need time to get there. 

so you are saying an EV should provide same range on day 1 and day 1000? say yes or no to this to make me think about whether i should continue my discussion.

100%. EV can't be driven like a gas car. 

When EV is your main car what do you expect? Skip driving to places because charging or battery issues? Doesn't this mean you are serving to luxury/premium customers who are ok with it? 

4 minutes ago, NeneRajuNeneManthri said:

so you are saying an EV should provide same range on day 1 and day 1000? say yes or no to this to make me think about whether i should continue my discussion.

What is the available option for a customer when the battery degrade anedi point. No one expecting to hold the range. But if you ask this question to tesla they will tell you to sell the car and buy new one. With same 100k, if you buy a luxury car, you don't have to deal this crap. You are good to hold it for at least a decade but you cannot live that with EV when your original range to 500 miles now become 200 miles. If you know where this is heading you know what I am talking. Customer Service and Customer retention are very important to keep EV shining. Not the PR or Instagram stories.

2 minutes ago, tacobell fan said:

none of your points even make sense when you defend something without real life examples. I'm yet to see one. 

they don't make sense because you had issues or challenges. they make sense to people who didn't. 

4 minutes ago, tacobell fan said:

When EV is your main car what do you expect? Skip driving to places because charging or battery issues? Doesn't this mean you are serving to luxury/premium customers who are ok with it? 

Making EV main car isn't right option 4 years back.. now it depends on places you go. 

Just now, NeneRajuNeneManthri said:

they don't make sense because you had issues or challenges. they make sense to people who didn't. 

Those are everyday issues and challenges for everyone who drives EV for few years. Other's don't because either they are brand new to EV experience or don't drive one. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tacobell fan said:

What is the available option for a customer when the battery degrade anedi point. No one expecting to hold the range. But if you ask this question to tesla they will tell you to sell the car and buy new one. With same 100k, if you buy a luxury car, you don't have to deal this crap. You are good to hold it for at least a decade but you cannot live that with EV when your original range to 500 miles now become 200 miles. If you know where this is heading you know what I am talking. Customer Service and Customer retention are very important to keep EV shining. Not the PR or Instagram stories.

malli PR and instagram antavento.. good luck.. end of discussion from me.

2 minutes ago, NeneRajuNeneManthri said:

Making EV main car isn't right option 4 years back.. now it depends on places you go. 

EV isn't main car today as well. Tell me what do you do when your range cut into half in next 4 years? change car every 6-8 years?