One more indian in silicon valley

dasari4kntr

9 minutes ago, Pulkapresident said:

Naah, winning the Nobel prize after a certain point has more to do with being fortunate than being hardworking or smart. There are a lot of really intelligent people out there, and not all make it. Being the Dean is definitely easier but needs more interpersonal skills. 

Ante 2020 Nobel prize winners in Physics and Chemistry were lucky antav ayithe

1 hour ago, DummyVariable said:

He got into IIT B (B Tech Computer Science) tbf. Top B Schools take IIT graduates all the time. Not everything is because of his MARVADI connections. Certainly one can't compare his achievements to all those rich kids getting into top schools because of donations.

agreed, I know a professor in stats. he always says, if some one applying is an alumni of Indian  statistical institute, his boss would definitely hire him. those institutions hold up some name. 

2 minutes ago, Spartan said:

ma friend gadu anduke doing MBA from chicago 200K aitundi.

he is Carnegie Mellon Grad, and Prog Manage at NVIDA now.

Nuvvu kuda me Comoany CEO or CTO ayyipote nenu cheppukunta...torch.gif

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

I have a relative in academia she complains of rampant racism against indians. Not sure how much to beleive.

look at the president of university of houston system. if you had ever saw her speech in any of the commencements; she still carries thick Indian accent. 

inkem racism after some days Indians, chinese will out number white folks in universities getting higher degrees. 

16 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

Ante 2020 Nobel prize winners in Physics and Chemistry were lucky antav ayithe

Not lucky, but were among the very few who are talented and hardworking. But more importantly, were at the right time at the place doing the right thing. 

5 minutes ago, Pulkapresident said:

Not lucky, but were among the very few who are talented and hardworking. But more importantly, were at the right time at the place doing the right thing. 

hardwork paid off ani matram cheppanu ani antava 

12 minutes ago, Dabbakai said:

look at the president of university of houston system. if you had ever saw her speech in any of the commencements; she still carries thick Indian accent. 

inkem racism after some days Indians, chinese will out number white folks in universities getting higher degrees. 

I agree racism may not be much also its hard to beat indians in racism.

1 hour ago, Pulkapresident said:

Since you don’t have great interpersonal skills why are you harboring expectations about dean hood?

34 minutes ago, Spartan said:

ma friend gadu anduke doing MBA from chicago 200K aitundi.

he is Carnegie Mellon Grad, and Prog Manage at NVIDA now.

My friend already did from Booth and said it's not worth it. Plus Booth isnt 200k last I heard, might have gone up now. 

17 minutes ago, Dabbakai said:

hardwork paid off ani matram cheppanu ani antava 

A lot of people put in hard work, not everyone gets the Nobel prize yeah? If you don't put in the hard work, you aren't even in the race.