Where soviets failed economically

Telugodura456

1 minute ago, Telugodura456 said:

yea "innovation" - definition is something that chinese cannot do. You are funny because rarely i see someone so blank of knowledge but so judgemental about things.

okay man. I'm dumb. I didn't go to IIT. I don't have a chance amidst all the geniuses there, sure.

you went to IIT no? I'm not seeing anything impressive from you.

your arguments are so contrived, pushing a specific agenda that China has already arrived at being innovators, when they clearly have not.

that you take offense to saying that Chinese are not yet innovative, is telling about how you approach general conversations.

1 minute ago, Raven_Rayes said:

Chinese are innovative in mass manufacturing. Yes. and some design, although a lot of design is imported from Taiwan.

Almost all components they use are imported from Korea, Japan, and chips from Taiwan.

If they were innovative, they would be making chinese version of hi res cameras, photonic components etc. They will, eventually. But they are making very slow progress coz their govt doesn't pay much attention to consumer tech and its components.

just pick up any applied science journal. laser tech, nanotech advances are mostly credited to labs in US, Europe and Japan. I haven't seen a single Chinese progress in the area. They have made a lot of progress in applying proven tech like gene editing etc. The chinese doc naively declared that he edited genes of a fetus of a pregnant woman who's husband was afflicted with AIDS. He was promptly thrown in jail for 3yrs after that. That is not innovation. That's just application of innovation.

On the other hand, they do build impressive bullet train networks, and bought the first ones from Alstom and such. Now their state owned rail manufacturer make their own trains. Well, India can make these trains too. They need exposure too like Chinese ones got with Alstom.

it doesn't count for innovation.

They make some of the best phones out there. some of the best chip designs (until huawei got blockaded). If making these is trivial - why dont they have any competition other than south korea and usa and japan. They make some real high end sound systems too. Their new electric cars and there features outcompete tesla.

Innovation is not just research output and journal publishing. innovation is also creating a society which can easily absorb scientific temper and produce - enourmously.

it is also important to acknowledge where they are starting from.

"india can also do it" - yea right. But they dont - and are nowhere near.

3 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

okay man. I'm dumb. I didn't go to IIT. I don't have a chance amidst all the geniuses there, sure.

you went to IIT no? I'm not seeing anything impressive from you.

your arguments are so contrived, pushing a specific agenda that China has already arrived at being innovators, when they clearly have not.

that you take offense to saying that Chinese are not yet innovative, is telling about how you approach general conversations.

you are close minded bigot. You dont see anything impressive because you dont want to see. You go with what has emotional appeal to you based on your prejudices.

Just now, Telugodura456 said:

you are close minded bigot. You dont see anything impressive because you dont want to see. You go with what has emotional appeal to you based on your prejudices.

are you really impressed by the sh1t you post in this db? lol.

even this thread. you allowed people to go on bs rants on communism or whatever.

your first post itself in this thread itself is an example of someone who has zero clue about what he's saying.

and you respond to disagreements by taking stuff way too personally.

if this is impressive to you, I'm glad I'm dumb.

5 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

They make some of the best phones out there. some of the best chip designs (until huawei got blockaded). If making these is trivial - why dont they have any competition other than south korea and usa and japan. They make some real high end sound systems too. Their new electric cars and there features outcompete tesla.

dude, all phone designs are made by Taiwanese. pegatron, qanta, wistron, inventec all have captured overwhelming majority of the market.

what do you mean by best chip designs? what kind of chutiya statement is that?

8 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

Innovation is not just research output and journal publishing. innovation is also creating a society which can easily absorb scientific temper and produce - enourmously.

please shut up man. have some shame. if you are proud of writing sh1t like this, I can only feel sad for you.

6 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

dude, all phone designs are made by Taiwanese. pegatron, qanta, wistron, inventec all have captured overwhelming majority of the market.

what do you mean by best chip designs? what kind of chutiya statement is that?

please shut up man. have some shame. if you are proud of writing sh1t like this, I can only feel sad for you.

"chip design" is a "chutiya" statement? you never heard of it ? i think you are going mad. Chip design is desgin of chips- what is "chutiya" about it ? ever heard of hisilicon?

Taiwanese do all phone designs - yea right. delusional AF.

9 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

It seems to me lot of people have been rude to you and made you shut up by yelling like that. It wont work with me. I feel pity for you though.

"chip design" is a "chutiya" statement? you never heard of it ? i think you are going mad. Chip design is desgin of chips- what is "chutiya" about it ? ever heard of hisilicon?

Taiwanese do all phone designs - yea right. delusional AF.

hisilicon is what? the cutting edge maker of chips, is it? lol.

yeah dude. all industrial designs are taiwanese in origin. Chinese just manufacture.

13 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

are you really impressed by the sh1t you post in this db? lol.

even this thread. you allowed people to go on bs rants on communism or whatever.

your first post itself in this thread itself is an example of someone who has zero clue about what he's saying.

and you respond to disagreements by taking stuff way too personally.

if this is impressive to you, I'm glad I'm dumb.

disagreements aa? you are a little hateful bigot. You dont understand the difference between bigotry/ideology and in fact i dont see any evidence of thought at all. You already made up some conclusions - developed some superiority complexes - now utterly devastated and enraged that they are not true at all. 

Just now, Raven_Rayes said:

hisilicon is what? the cutting edge maker of chips, is it? lol.

yeah dude. all industrial designs are taiwanese in origin. Chinese just manufacture.

it designs chips. read up you idiot.

It seems to me lot of people have been rude to you and made you shut up by yelling like that. It wont work with me. I feel pity for you though.

so you'll post cringey sh1t about how 'innovation is also creating society that can absorb scientific temper.. blah blah"..

wtf man. as someone who didn't even graduate college, I have higher standards for what passes as a statement than that.

disagreements aa? you are a little hateful bigot. You dont understand the difference between bigotry/ideology and in fact i dont see any evidence of thought at all. You already made up some conclusions - developed some superiority complexes - now utterly devastated and enraged that they are not true at all. 

so what's true? that you actually know what you are talking about? haha..

it designs chips. read up you idiot.

so? which innovative product did it come up with, pls tell.

Its a cheap provider of low end chips.. just the market china is serving.

4 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

so? which innovative product did it come up with, pls tell.

Its a cheap provider of low end chips.. just the market china is serving.

rey assalu siggu undha neeku. you started with chip designs is "chutiya". then said chip design is ok but chinese dont design chips - now saying they design but not innovative.

Latest claim is cheap "provider" - because you are no longer confident that they dont design chips.

They design high end chips ra yedhava. It is clear you are learning here on the fly and being ungrateful to your teacher. silly dog.

Lie at every sentence. Its hard to see people with this less credibility and so open about it. 

Chinese expertise is in mass manufacturing. They are slowly moving up the value chain. DJI is a fine example of it.

It was founded in HongKong and then moved to Shenzhen coz it was expensive to run in HongKong. But that doesn't make China a den of innovative systems. They just are trying to master the design too, after mastering the manufacturing. DJI sources a lot of its boards from taiwanese odms, and chips from korea and taiwan. HiSilicon does make a lot of decent arm chips, but again its not innovation.

what I like about China is govt interferes in the market to force its participants to give up monopoly. Like with wechat that was forced to share its platform with others. recently they destroyed entire batch edtech companies, some of them valued in 10s of billion dollars coz they considered it overall negative to social welfare to have education cost a lot.

China is not innovative in the sense we use the word innovation when it comes to tech. I doubt they are going to pioneer any particular technology in the near future.