Autism symptoms for kid

Renault

19 minutes ago, summer27 said:

Totally agree.

To all who are sailing in this boat, my sincere suggestion is - try to leverage all the tools & services that the doctors/therapists have to offer here in US. 

At one point when I had visa issues and was thinking of going back to India, I did some research on the facilities and treatment in India. I didn't find them satisfactory, but then again its just my opinion. Moreover these therapies cost you in India where as it is free and also good here.

Some other important points to keep in mind -

1. Not all ABA therapists come with same quality. Always keep an eye and be thorough in goal settings/review. But at the same time don't keep changing the therapists often just because you are not seeing progress. The results are often slow. (there is a fine balance, you need to be cautious).  The sessions may look ridiculously simple to you as if they are babysitting your kids. But trust me they are very effective.

2. Keep an eye on your kids regression also. Sometimes kid achieves a goal (say learns to say tata/bye-bye) but in next few months he/she forgets again. Or there is a change in the way your kid is talking , example kid starts to talk normally but in next couple of months he is talking in a different/awkward way. All these changes could be sometimes because your kid is imitating other special needs kids (who has more severe problem) from his class/group.  This happened to my kid once. We always kept track and the moment we observed this change, we met with the school and requested them move my kid to other groups that are equivalent or better in the spectrum.

PS: It's been a long time since I opened up and also had patience & time to write up all this. I should pin this thread for myself incase if others need this info. 

PPS: I really hate to call this "treatment". I always refer to them as therapy or sessions or classes. IMO it's not really treatment as they are non-medicinal Or I don't know I just don't like the word in this context. I am starting to blabber a lot.. :) 

2 different school districts lo Individualized Education Program ki join cheyyochha morning okati afternoon okati, kid ki confusion or over burdon avutundaa

6 hours ago, BulletBaba said:

My little one has the similar kind of issue, esp because of the lockdown. We joined him in the nursery and things improved a lot. Kids learn a lot in the nursery. And also we need to spend more time with them, by interacting and speaking with them continuously.

Try to join him in the nursery and take him to colleauges/ friends house who got kids with similar kind of age group. 

Also it too early to say at this point as the Autism spectrum is very big. 

If we say our concerns in the Nursey, then they will prepare a plan for the lil one to overcome them. 

22 months is more than enough to complete the evaluation and report back if he is in spectrum or not....you can get the evaluation as early as 18 months

41 minutes ago, bramhacharimogudu said:

2 different school districts lo Individualized Education Program ki join cheyyochha morning okati afternoon okati, kid ki confusion or over burdon avutundaa

I didn't know schools districts allowed such thing. Is it possible?

Each kid is different on how they adapt and pickup. It's hard to say but from my experience I suggest to go for it. I was told to have intense sessions which I did and saw good results. So I recommend the same to others but always keep track of things. If you see slightest regression, they have discussions and look for alternate/better approaches.

29 minutes ago, idibezwada said:

Lot of miss information in this thread....please only consider the suggestions from parents whos kids are in spectrum...till 5 years its very curtail time for their brain development...sending them to India may or may not help....don't waste this valuable period wasting time in India ...kids in spectrum don't know how to socialize...even if they are in between 100 kids they will still be in their own world...contact early intervention services asap...you will get the services till he is 3...then IU will take over...there is a lot of shortage for therapists as of now...keep following up everyday...you will be able to find some therapy hours...and in parallel get the Autism Evaluation complete....you need that report to get the ABA services

PS: My kid is in spectrum and we came to know when he was around 20 months...he will be turning 3 this month

Agree...

40 minutes ago, idibezwada said:

Lot of miss information in this thread....please only consider the suggestions from parents whos kids are in spectrum...till 5 years its very curtail time for their brain development...sending them to India may or may not help....don't waste this valuable period wasting time in India ...kids in spectrum don't know how to socialize...even if they are in between 100 kids they will still be in their own world...contact early intervention services asap...you will get the services till he is 3...then IU will take over...there is a lot of shortage for therapists as of now...keep following up everyday...you will be able to find some therapy hours...and in parallel get the Autism Evaluation complete....you need that report to get the ABA services

PS: My kid is in spectrum and we came to know when he was around 20 months...he will be turning 3 this month

agree. india pampandi anevallu dont knwo the difference between development delays and autism.

since autism spectrum has different ranges , it cannot be applicable for everyone. ikkada early intervention is necessary.

for some reason boys are more effected than girls

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, areyentiraidhi said:

assalu enduku vasthundi e condition , is it my birth or by not interacting with other kids at early age? 

No ones knows the exact reason....geneticslo unte vache probablity undi....but got tested and its a negative but our kid still got it

4 hours ago, bramhacharimogudu said:

How can you send them two different school districts ?? 
IEP's evaluate chese vallu .. they contact the state for all these.

The elementary school kids easy ga tired avuthaaru... even the ones which are very active..

3 hours ago, Variety_Pullayya said:

agree. india pampandi anevallu dont knwo the difference between development delays and autism.

since autism spectrum has different ranges , it cannot be applicable for everyone. ikkada early intervention is necessary.

for some reason boys are more effected than girls

good point…Decelopmental delay vs autism wat differences bro? how can we say if it is development delay or autism

3 hours ago, areyentiraidhi said:

assalu enduku vasthundi e condition , is it my birth or by not interacting with other kids at early age? 

this is where science has no answers, everything comes from science are nothing more than assumptions