You don't matter': What life is like for an H-1B visa family like mine

csrcsr

Ilanti articles tho sympathy oche rojulu poyinayi ika, look at the comments on the article. Here's one for example:

You aren’t entitled to a green card. Big tech brings in far too many foreign workers which has caused a whole host of problems for Americans living in the Bay Area. Limited housing availability paired with a huge influx of foreign workers has only forced prices higher and higher. Furthermore big tech refuses to invest in communities around the country. People in underserved communities are being further left behind as it is easier for tech companies to bring in labor from India and China than to invest in building up American talent.

Go talk to people in Appalachia about your H1-b problems and then listen to theirs. Their problems are far worse I assure you. We need more investment in American workers and less investment in spoiled entitled rich foreign tech workers.

• Upvote 2

Already plenty of locals without jobs and recession has set in, so ee inflation tho oka vaipu, inka recession tho inko vaipu janalu suffer avutunte manollu chaala mandi proud ga flauting I am doing 2 jobs, doing 3 jobs ani. So don't expect any sympathy from the locals if you are a visa holder, already andariki telisipoyindi desi gallu ante mostly atleast 2 jobs ayina chestharu ani. Other day oka filipino colleague was asking me nenu chestunnana ani, lol. Ala undi mari mana meeda impression ippudu

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, tennisluvrredux said:

Ilanti articles tho sympathy oche rojulu poyinayi ika, look at the comments on the article. Here's one for example:

You aren’t entitled to a green card. Big tech brings in far too many foreign workers which has caused a whole host of problems for Americans living in the Bay Area. Limited housing availability paired with a huge influx of foreign workers has only forced prices higher and higher. Furthermore big tech refuses to invest in communities around the country. People in underserved communities are being further left behind as it is easier for tech companies to bring in labor from India and China than to invest in building up American talent.

Go talk to people in Appalachia about your H1-b problems and then listen to theirs. Their problems are far worse I assure you. We need more investment in American workers and less investment in spoiled entitled rich foreign tech workers.

Adi half knowledge ki adi bondha 

What do they mean by they are not entitled to get gc?? Why h1 b is not entitled adiki reply iche vadu leka 

INdians vacchi bay area housing market poledy tech workers vachina vala a income disparity problem is totally different issu vs Indians being discriminated

Aha prathi okadiki chetilo iPhone Android fb insta undali big tech is lowda ani comments and when they put those comments they use the big tech 

Lowda galu ubtaru we should spread awareness of h1b problems people are facing , at the same misuse chese valani kuda lopala eyali 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, tennisluvrredux said:

Already plenty of locals without jobs and recession has set in, so ee inflation tho oka vaipu, inka recession tho inko vaipu janalu suffer avutunte manollu chaala mandi proud ga flauting I am doing 2 jobs, doing 3 jobs ani. So don't expect any sympathy from the locals if you are a visa holder, already andariki telisipoyindi desi gallu ante mostly atleast 2 jobs ayina chestharu ani. Other day oka filipino colleague was asking me nenu chestunnana ani, lol. Ala undi mari mana meeda impression ippudu

2,3 jobs chesthe thappu enti bro?

Employers ki matram dozens of clients undochu, why not employee do more jobs as long as it is legal on GC or USC?

idem hypocrisy. 10galeni mangalvaram jealousy la undi that filipino gadiki

12 minutes ago, Naayaldhi said:

2,3 jobs chesthe thappu enti bro?

Employers ki matram dozens of clients undochu, why not employee do more jobs as long as it is legal on GC or USC?

idem hypocrisy. 10galeni mangalvaram jealousy la undi that filipino gadiki

Tappu ani nenanatle gaa, if you pay taxes you can do as many jobs if you can manage them. 

Just cheptunna mana desi galla meeda chaala  mandiki peekala daaka undi, aa Filipino gaadu edo tondarapatu lo kakkesadu anthey

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, csrcsr said:

Adi half knowledge ki adi bondha 

What do they mean by they are not entitled to get gc?? Why h1 b is not entitled adiki reply iche vadu leka 

INdians vacchi bay area housing market poledy tech workers vachina vala a income disparity problem is totally different issu vs Indians being discriminated

Aha prathi okadiki chetilo iPhone Android fb insta undali big tech is lowda ani comments and when they put those comments they use the big tech 

Lowda galu ubtaru we should spread awareness of h1b problems people are facing , at the same misuse chese valani kuda lopala eyali 

Here's the thing baa, in a market downtrend like we have now sakkaga chesinolla meeda focus undadu. Maybe there's one case of H1B misuse out of 10, but aa okka case baaga highlight avutundi and govts will use that to justify any curbs they impose on H1B holders. NOt saying it's right but that's what typically happens, consider a time when the elections are less than 2 years away and a market with inflation like this

14 minutes ago, tennisluvrredux said:

Plenty of white/black/hispanic  people also doing two jobs. Lekapothe overemployed ani Reddit lo oka community undadhu. Plus H1 meedha abuse anedhi true. It benefits no one. Only employers have an upper hand. Use and throw type undakoodadhu in this day and age. I140 EAD vachi unte intha abuse undedhi kaadhu. It is a kind of modern day slavery. Just because h1s are paid high doesn’t take away the fact that it is tightly tied to employer. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, tennisluvrredux said:

25 minutes ago, tennisluvrredux said:

naaku GC unte nenu e lovda logic masthu cheptha..unlce you have GC then I don't think you understand our issues. don't comment if you can't emphasize 

27 minutes ago, tennisluvrredux said:

already positions anni greencard or us citizen ani paduthunnayi plus no h4 ead anta.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, yemdoing said:

naaku GC unte nenu e lovda logic masthu cheptha..unlce you have GC then I don't think you understand our issues. don't comment if you can't emphasize 

Comment chadivava adi nenu post chesindi kaadu aa article kinda comments lo okati ani post chesa, next time kaastha control chesukuni chadivi ra

2 minutes ago, Rushabhi said:

Plenty of white/black/hispanic  people also doing two jobs. Lekapothe overemployed ani Reddit lo oka community undadhu. Plus H1 meedha abuse anedhi true. It benefits no one. Only employers have an upper hand. Use and throw type undakoodadhu in this day and age. I140 EAD vachi unte intha abuse undedhi kaadhu. It is a kind of modern day slavery. Just because h1s are paid high doesn’t take away the fact that it is tightly tied to employer. 

Yes but they aren't doing those 2 jobs concurrently, if someone's doing a second job after his first job hours or outside those hours no one has an issue. It's when you are doing them simultaneously that people have issues, if you don't believe that do one thing. Go ask your HR what they say if you tell them you are doing 2 jobs simultaneously at the same hours, and tell me what they tell you. If they say it's okay or if it's not. 

Comparing it to slavery shows you have no clue how horrible slavery was, this is not even as bad as Kafala. If you don't like it, you can leave unlike in the Kafala system. And you compare it to slavery, lol

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, tennisluvrredux said:

Here's the thing baa, in a market downtrend like we have now sakkaga chesinolla meeda focus undadu. Maybe there's one case of H1B misuse out of 10, but aa okka case baaga highlight avutundi and govts will use that to justify any curbs they impose on H1B holders. NOt saying it's right but that's what typically happens, consider a time when the elections are less than 2 years away and a market with inflation like this

all problems are different

bro giving a 140 approved to candidate who spent 10 years of life that means he is eligible for permanent resident just because he is born in india and one fine day some crack CEO or some economy turmoil he or she gets laid off so entire family has to fly back ??? e logic mida matladadali discussion will be easy 

big tech , housing prices anni h1 midi odic tosthe vaadu emi chestadu , okadu vachadu. vaadi company vadiki 140 chesindi he is eligible for permanent resident any other country resident will not have issues only Indian kabbati he is screwed 

yes mana valu kuda misusing consultancy business , showing nepotism in hiring all these are problems those should be addressed as well

• Upvote 1