You don't matter': What life is like for an H-1B visa family like mine

csrcsr

41 minutes ago, Rushabhi said:

Immivoice vaadu cheppedhi enti. Sontha thinking ledha? Why did so many h1s and people with pre existing diseases stay with Twitter even though the culture became toxic? Ante dabbulu vasthunnayani maatlada koodadha? If H1 is so free let it not be tied to employer. Make it truely temporary. O 6 years ki ichi freedom of movement ivvamanandi. Pre certify that the skills are required once every 5 or 6 years. And don’t give a path to GC since it is temporary. Like how Gulf countries do.  Appudu sampayinchukoni potharu. US lo invest cheyyaru. And ee uprooting life alantivi emi undavu. 

Ippudu maatram aa pani cheyakandi ani evaranna cheppara, US lo 8 bedroom house 1 Million petti vlogs Youtube lo petti konamani Biden emanna ochi adigada. Investment anedi exactly that, investment and there's always a risk to any investment. This is basic logic any investor knows, no investment is totally risk averse. Adi telise gaa invest chesedi, mari ippudenduku akkadedo manam ee country ki favor chesinattu cuttinglu. In fact, if anything plenty of desis doing 2-3 jobs outpriced locals in the local real estate market. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, tennisluvrredux said:

Ippudu maatram aa pani cheyakandi ani evaranna cheppara, US lo 8 bedroom house 1 Million petti vlogs Youtube lo petti konamani Biden emanna ochi adigada. Investment anedi exactly that, investment and there's always a risk to any investment. This is basic logic any investor knows, no investment is totally risk averse. Adi telise gaa invest chesedi, mari ippudenduku akkadedo manam ee country ki favor chesinattu cuttinglu. In fact, if anything plenty of desis doing 2-3 jobs outpriced locals in the local real estate market. 

First thing first only desis outpriced is a generalization. Most people moved during COVID. Ee country ki favor chesthunnam ani feeling evariki ledhu. That is your thinking. Second people don’t invest if there is no hope of settlement which happens when H1 is truly temporary. That is my point. 

49 minutes ago, Rushabhi said:

First thing first only desis outpriced is a generalization. Most people moved during COVID. Ee country ki favor chesthunnam ani feeling evariki ledhu. That is your thinking. Second people don’t invest if there is no hope of settlement which happens when H1 is truly temporary. That is my point. 

A big LOL to that, I know people on OPT who bought homes in the last 2-3 years. Inka asalu H1B visa ne raaledu ayina illu konnarenti ra saami ante emundi bro real estate elano appreciate avutundi kadaa plus FOMO ani cheppi konesaranta. H1B has always been temporary, that's not something that happened yesterday. Ayina that didn't prevent people from buying homes, as an investment option. And even if you or people like you don't invest in the local real estate, pedda nashtam em ledu desaniki. 

4 hours ago, tennisluvrredux said:

I never said it's restricted to desis only, you are quoting anecdotal evidence. 

Your comparison with that to slavery is laughable, oka pakkanemo Indian Americans are the highest earning immigrant community ani dabba kottukodam enduku ekkada choosina(including Linkedin) while people like you go around and compare it to slavery, malli old day slavery kaadu modern day slavery ani cutting okati. oka pakkanemo okkollu buying 2-3 homes and driving 60k Tesla cars, and complaining that they are modern day slaves. 

Go try to convince one local with this argument of your's, and let me know what they say. 

They just feel what others say baa anthe.

1 hour ago, futureofandhra said:

Kohli t20 century kodatadu antey nammaledhu

Inka idhem nammutaru

Repu a bill pass ayindi anuko @Sucker uncle vacchi nene pass cheyinchanu by keeping pressure on senators ani cheotadu

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tennisluvrredux said:

A big LOL to that, I know people on OPT who bought homes in the last 2-3 years. Inka asalu H1B visa ne raaledu ayina illu konnarenti ra saami ante emundi bro real estate elano appreciate avutundi kadaa plus FOMO ani cheppi konesaranta. H1B has always been temporary, that's not something that happened yesterday. Ayina that didn't prevent people from buying homes, as an investment option. And even if you or people like you don't invest in the local real estate, pedda nashtam em ledu desaniki. 

Did you even read or understand the spirit of what I said in my original reply before personally targeting? Who said desiniki labham or nashtam? All I said is if it is truly temporary without the hope of GC or having a set time period they will not invest here. Investment not only in properties but life. Then they won’t have the pain of uprooting their lives from here like the 60 day timeline. I rest my case. Personal targeting ki velthe inka discussion waste. Enjoy

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Rushabhi said:

Did you even read or understand the spirit of what I said in my original reply before personally targeting? Who said desiniki labham or nashtam? All I said is if it is truly temporary without the hope of GC or having a set time period they will not invest here. Investment not only in properties but life. Then they won’t have the pain of uprooting their lives from here like the 60 day timeline. I rest my case. Personal targeting ki velthe inka discussion waste. Enjoy

Oho indulo personally targeting ekkadundo, I clearly said you or people like you it didn't say you specifically. So targeting ento ikkada, plus since they know the system is so broken they should not invest here as per your logic but I see most H1B workers investing in the US in terms of property, stocks etc. So they are obviously okay with the way the investment market works here. Enjoy your rant of equating making the highest disposable income with the despicable slavery system that used to exist here, you are a good chela of Aman Verma

1 hour ago, tennisluvrredux said:

Oho indulo personally targeting ekkadundo, I clearly said you or people like you it didn't say you specifically. So targeting ento ikkada, plus since they know the system is so broken they should not invest here as per your logic but I see most H1B workers investing in the US in terms of property, stocks etc. So they are obviously okay with the way the investment market works here. Enjoy your rant of equating making the highest disposable income with the despicable slavery system that used to exist here, you are a good chela of Aman Verma

Vadilay Anna, Vaunty just got frustrated seeing all >2012 getting GC’s and she is still being in line.  Eventually she will get it one day, and she will join our party 🎉 

wish they have some kind of ladies quota similar to Indian reservation system.

• Haha 1