You don't matter': What life is like for an H-1B visa family like mine

csrcsr

33 minutes ago, csrcsr said:

Adi half knowledge ki adi bondha 

What do they mean by they are not entitled to get gc?? Why h1 b is not entitled adiki reply iche vadu leka 

INdians vacchi bay area housing market poledy tech workers vachina vala a income disparity problem is totally different issu vs Indians being discriminated

Aha prathi okadiki chetilo iPhone Android fb insta undali big tech is lowda ani comments and when they put those comments they use the big tech 

Lowda galu ubtaru we should spread awareness of h1b problems people are facing , at the same misuse chese valani kuda lopala eyali 

Entanna nuvvu maree, ikkada db lo langas pakka state vallu valla state lo jobs chesthene sahinchaleru, Americans matram H1b gallu entitled to green card ani feel avvala?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DesiPokiri said:

Entanna nuvvu maree, ikkada db lo langas pakka state vallu valla state lo jobs chesthene sahinchaleru, Americans matram H1b gallu entitled to green card ani feel avvala?

Good point

2 minutes ago, DesiPokiri said:

Point is another country h1b is entitled to gc in 1 year only Indians are discriminated , this is what happens when you mix up things , a article endi ikada discussion endi comedy

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, tennisluvrredux said:

Yes but they aren't doing those 2 jobs concurrently, if someone's doing a second job after his first job hours or outside those hours no one has an issue. It's when you are doing them simultaneously that people have issues, if you don't believe that do one thing. Go ask your HR what they say if you tell them you are doing 2 jobs simultaneously at the same hours, and tell me what they tell you. If they say it's okay or if it's not. 

Comparing it to slavery shows you have no clue how horrible slavery was, this is not even as bad as Kafala. If you don't like it, you can leave unlike in the Kafala system. And you compare it to slavery, lol

Many are doing 2 jobs concurrently. Naaku telisina citizen okathanu 3 jobs doing in a niche space concurrently. It is not restricted to only desis like how you think. 
  I did not say it is old day slavery I am saying it is modern day slavery. H1, health insurance tied to employer all of it is modern day slavery and a by product of capitalism. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, csrcsr said:

Point is another country h1b is entitled to gc in 1 year only Indians are discriminated , this is what happens when you mix up things , a article endi ikada discussion endi comedy

Valla rules valla ishtam, valla country ki edhi benefit anukunte adhi chestaru, like langas, they owe nothing to Indians. 

2 minutes ago, csrcsr said:

No one is benefiting more from this discrepancy more than fellow Indian owned consulting firms, anduke gaa Rahul Reddy and ITServe fought so hard to fight the rule that would have given H1B employees employment rights without sponsorship.

So ee rule ni continue cheddam ilane ani try chestundi mana own community, if our own community tries to exploit us what do you expect from the larger American community

1 minute ago, DesiPokiri said:

Valla rules valla ishtam, valla country ki edhi benefit anukunte adhi chestaru, like langas, they owe nothing to Indians. 

so the post in sf chronicle is vala istam , the point is to highlight the h1b guys facing the problems , no body is defying the rules , its just the same discrimination happening just he or she is born in india

2 minutes ago, Rushabhi said:

Many are doing 2 jobs concurrently. Naaku telisina citizen okathanu 3 jobs doing in a niche space concurrently. It is not restricted to only desis like how you think. 
  I did not say it is old day slavery I am saying it is modern day slavery. H1, health insurance tied to employer all of it is modern day slavery and a by product of capitalism. 

I never said it's restricted to desis only, you are quoting anecdotal evidence. 

Your comparison with that to slavery is laughable, oka pakkanemo Indian Americans are the highest earning immigrant community ani dabba kottukodam enduku ekkada choosina(including Linkedin) while people like you go around and compare it to slavery, malli old day slavery kaadu modern day slavery ani cutting okati. oka pakkanemo okkollu buying 2-3 homes and driving 60k Tesla cars, and complaining that they are modern day slaves. 

Go try to convince one local with this argument of your's, and let me know what they say. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, csrcsr said:

so the post in sf chronicle is vala istam , the point is to highlight the h1b guys facing the problems , no body is defying the rules , its just the same discrimination happening just he or she is born in india

Kids vunna valla situation worst

2 minutes ago, tennisluvrredux said:

No one is benefiting more from this discrepancy more than fellow Indian owned consulting firms, anduke gaa Rahul Reddy and ITServe fought so hard to fight the rule that would have given H1B employees employment rights without sponsorship.

So ee rule ni continue cheddam ilane ani try chestundi mana own community, if our own community tries to exploit us what do you expect from the larger American community

That's what the whole point correct they are asking to remove the country limitation or at least give unused gcs , consultancies misuse we already discussed , point is treat every h1b equal 

1 minute ago, csrcsr said:

That's what the whole point correct they are asking to remove the country limitation or at least give unused gcs , consultancies misuse we already discussed , point is treat every h1b equal 

H1B I think was designed in the year 1990 baa, this is before internet even existed in the popular domain. I don't think it was ever designed to be a system which would support as many people as there are on it in modern day, so yeah it's an antiquated system. They are essentially trying to fit a system designed for a world less dependent on tech to a world which is mostly all tech based. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, csrcsr said:

Any amendment or rule change of this sort can only be done via lobbying. US lo even Tobacco industry got away with what they did back in the day due to successful lobbying. So the only chance for an H1B amendment which treats every H1B equally is if the larger Indian American community tries to lobby for it. 

But when our own community is against granting this equal opportunity to H1Bs, who's going to lobby on our behalf? 

Just now, csrcsr said:

I feel that problem lies in majority of Indians who don’t like to live in present and always worry about future and die in between before reaching that future 

4 minutes ago, tennisluvrredux said:

H1B I think was designed in the year 1990 baa, this is before internet even existed in the popular domain. I don't think it was ever designed to be a system which would support as many people as there are on it in modern day, so yeah it's an antiquated system. They are essentially trying to fit a system designed for a world less dependent on tech to a world which is mostly all tech based. 

Thats the whole point a fix is needed for a guy who paid 12 15 years of taxes, he or she acquired house family just a brutal layoff should not send the entire family home 

3 minutes ago, tennisluvrredux said:

Any amendment or rule change of this sort can only be done via lobbying. US lo even Tobacco industry got away with what they did back in the day due to successful lobbying. So the only chance for an H1B amendment which treats every H1B equally is if the larger Indian American community tries to lobby for it. 

But when our own community is against granting this equal opportunity to H1Bs, who's going to lobby on our behalf? 

agreed , at leats tech ceos, zuckerberg, tim cook , microsoft general counsel tried to to lobby

17 minutes ago, tennisluvrredux said:

I never said it's restricted to desis only, you are quoting anecdotal evidence. 

Your comparison with that to slavery is laughable, oka pakkanemo Indian Americans are the highest earning immigrant community ani dabba kottukodam enduku ekkada choosina(including Linkedin) while people like you go around and compare it to slavery, malli old day slavery kaadu modern day slavery ani cutting okati. oka pakkanemo okkollu buying 2-3 homes and driving 60k Tesla cars, and complaining that they are modern day slaves. 

Go try to convince one local with this argument of your's, and let me know what they say. 

Why should I try to convince anyone? They are not in our shoes. My point is as long as an employer has more power there is a chance of rampant abuse. And a h1b cannot lobby. Rules oppukovu. Employers can lobby as much as they can since they benefit. Overall the status quo will be maintained.