Not pointing out anyone but...

Saloly

Mi parents sick ina terminal ga ill ina India lo, how do you cope up with that staying here.

If you are a single child or all your siblings also are staying abroad, how to handle those situations?

And did you consider this at all while moving abroad? 

I heard few stories who couldn't attend parent's death event also due to travel restrictions in peak covid.

I'm still in India, but got opportunity in Europe, so thinking of these.

3 minutes ago, JAMBALHOT_RAJA said:

Most of the people who moved to abroad is due to their parents wish “ma abbayi/ammayi ni America pampali”, they regret this decision after they retire and stay alone in India but it’s too late because their children would have their own family set up in abroad by then 

Ade kada bro...moving back with kids is hell, they will suffer too

My parents were all good and happy that I was staying in US when they were healthy. Now with getting old, health problems and constantly going to hospital/doctor they changed their mindset.

They tell neighbors if you have two kids, do not send both to US. Okkalani deggara India lo unchukondi ani cheputunaru. As for me with kids/wife moving back is just not my decision alone.

Atleast you will be able to afford their treatment..noway now working in India we would be able to afford their treatment..

Middle class life is no longer sustainable to live in India 

10 minutes ago, baabaa said:

My parents were all good and happy that I was staying in US when they were healthy. Now with getting old, health problems and constantly going to hospital/doctor they changed their mindset.

They tell neighbors if you have two kids, do not send both to US. Okkalani deggara India lo unchukondi ani cheputunaru. As for me with kids/wife moving back is just not my decision alone.

Long-term thinking anade ledu mana mindset lo.

Greedy approach, that's why we fuckup everything 

6 minutes ago, kakatiya said:

Atleast you will be able to afford their treatment..noway now working in India we would be able to afford their treatment..

Ledu bro, salaries are UNBELIEVABLE in India after covid era.

Savings in India surpassed Europe already for many.

Only thing is quality of life is s**t still in India

11 minutes ago, Saloly said:

Long-term thinking anade ledu mana mindset lo.

Greedy approach, that's why we fuckup everything 

Chala mandi ide story bro. Hopefully new generation in India will be different.

Only suggestion for ppl in US I can give is always have valid visa stamp on passport. I learnt it hard way. Visa stamp ledu during covid, consulates closed and could not visit my parents when they got covid. Now, I tell everyone always visa stamp unchokondi even if it means extra trip to mexico/canada/india. Visa expire avvaka munde use dropbox and get the next stamping done. 

• Upvote 1

Parents vs kids ,, it’s going to be hard days ahead especially with aging parents

gc/citizenship unte finr kani .. h1 ante torture ye .. can’t visit and stay in overseas for so long 

18 minutes ago, kakatiya said:

Disagreed. India lo kooda insurance options chaala vachayi. 2 yrs back mummy ki okka surgery ayindi. We dint pay anything. Insurance pretty much covered it

25 minutes ago, Saloly said:

Ledu bro, salaries are UNBELIEVABLE in India after covid era.

Savings in India surpassed Europe already for many.

Only thing is quality of life is s**t still in India

Not for all..many are still suffering  .few in IT sector saw phenomenal pays..but regular sectors are still suffering

• Upvote 1

Mana parents generation villages nunchi cities ki migrate ayyaru better oppurtunities kosam. Manam cities nunchi usa ki. No big difference if u have the will to be with parents when they need you.

• Upvote 1