Not pointing out anyone but...

Saloly

11 hours ago, Saloly said:

Ade kada bro...moving back with kids is hell, they will suffer too

Na situation Adhey only son .here I am in usa .ma sisters take good care of parents.India ki poleka ikada undaleka deep lo undi pothunna 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Bulletproof said:

travel and death during covid was a rare situation .. dont scare people by quoting that. yes if one sibling staying in India or near time zone is nice but even majority staying in hyd / Blr or elsewhere, while parents stay in their hometown. I know people who doesnt care for their parents even staying in the same city. It’s all about how much you care about people you love. No need to be in the same home. 

Yes, it’s not about living in USA . I know people live in and around Hyderabad, making their parents to live in old age homes against parents wish ... if they are multiple siblings  , they even hesitate to spend money on parents 

11 minutes ago, jerry1 said:

I have seen people before Covid , due to money issues and due to visa issues f1 to h1 cos … they didn’t attend father funeral.

Covid la IND la vunna kuda intlo yevaranna chanipoyina kuda manam chesedhem lekunde kadha anna. Chanipoyina vaallani kuda chudaledhu oke intlo vunna andarni theeskoni poyi kaalchesaru. That was sad part and very rare anna life time la 

17 minutes ago, Sucker said:

Covid la IND la vunna kuda intlo yevaranna chanipoyina kuda manam chesedhem lekunde kadha anna. Chanipoyina vaallani kuda chudaledhu oke intlo vunna andarni theeskoni poyi kaalchesaru. That was sad part and very rare anna life time la 

Valid point but before 2019 too people were hesitating to attend parents funeral .. god should know why they did so

Bro don’t be sad. Parents ki visa epichi valu koni days and nuvu next year atla vellu.

andaru chesedi adey. Thank god nen 7 years India vellanapudu my parents visited every year ma sister kosam. So I used to spend time with them. 

And I had to chance to spend with them in India during covid. now I have kids they’re visiting me. Life plan cheyali anthe what I do is I plan my for 3 years until my h1 visa expires. Tarvta ento manaki Telidu. Ekada una happy ga undali. Family and parents bagundali. And we have to call them everyday. That’s all you can do. 

9 hours ago, Rushabhi said:

@Saloly Europe is not bad depending on the country. You get lots of holidays. You can go to India frequently. US is the only country that has this issue. 

Netherlands lo vachindi opportunity 

8 hours ago, DJBravo said:

Bro don’t be sad. Parents ki visa epichi valu koni days and nuvu next year atla vellu.

andaru chesedi adey. Thank god nen 7 years India vellanapudu my parents visited every year ma sister kosam. So I used to spend time with them. 

And I had to chance to spend with them in India during covid. now I have kids they’re visiting me. Life plan cheyali anthe what I do is I plan my for 3 years until my h1 visa expires. Tarvta ento manaki Telidu. Ekada una happy ga undali. Family and parents bagundali. And we have to call them everyday. That’s all you can do. 

True

21 hours ago, Saloly said:

Mi parents sick ina terminal ga ill ina India lo, how do you cope up with that staying here.

If you are a single child or all your siblings also are staying abroad, how to handle those situations?

And did you consider this at all while moving abroad? 

I heard few stories who couldn't attend parent's death event also due to travel restrictions in peak covid.

I'm still in India, but got opportunity in Europe, so thinking of these.

Netherlands is a good place, it’s good to spend some time away from an India. Aging parents and their well being at the same time growing family and their future balance cheyadam antha easy kuda kadu but then again priorities vuntayi kada, look after yourself and your wife/kids first and keep an eye how parents are doing..

Remember, Nuv secure ga vuntene ne family and parents secure ga vuntaru…take up the chance and fly to Netherlands…velli 1-2 years chudu, if it works out good or else you always have the option to return back

10 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

Netherlands is a good place, it’s good to spend some time away from an India. Aging parents and their well being at the same time growing family and their future balance cheyadam antha easy kuda kadu but then again priorities vuntayi kada, look after yourself and your wife/kids first and keep an eye how parents are doing..

Remember, Nuv secure ga vuntene ne family and parents secure ga vuntaru…take up the chance and fly to Netherlands…velli 1-2 years chudu, if it works out good or else you always have the option to return back

Netherlands lo long-term unte ne konchem ina benefits, because pay is less there but education and healthcare is beneficial.

So yeah, 2 years undi vacheste, it would be a hit for my financials but I should explore because I never got abroad opp.

I think this topic was discussed recently and many times before too.

all that matters is making memories ...

if you decide to go abroad permanently - make sure to spend time, energy and money to create some memories for your parents - of you and your kids. 

they will always worry - if in india they might worry that you are missing out on abroad opportunities and if you abroad they might worry that no one is there to take care of them..

Edited by nosugarplease
  • Thanks 1

3 months parents vastaru 3 months in-laws vastaru, 1 n half month memu india pothamu --- doing this for last 4 years, all good as of now. Always having a stamped visa is mandatory so that emergencies lo easy ga travel cheyocchu

5 hours ago, Saloly said:

Netherlands lo long-term unte ne konchem ina benefits, because pay is less there but education and healthcare is beneficial.

So yeah, 2 years undi vacheste, it would be a hit for my financials but I should explore because I never got abroad opp.

Bro taxes and net pay chuskunnava? Kids unte valla studies ki sariga plan chesko as schools lo dutch will be primary language not English and if you have plans to go back its hard for kids to learn new languages in india.. 

Me too thought same and moved to Europe now in dilemma on how the future would be if I move back to india.. but no visa tensions and PR/settlement procedure is straight forward and 30 holidays in general but old tech jobs.