Accent classes

ICANWIN

1 hour ago, MindRinger said:

If your pea sized intellect is talking about multiple takes in front of the camera, then yes, you can master a new accent.

But if your grain sized intellect is talking about a real world scenario where conversations are natural, spontaneous and least anticipated, then no, you cannot master a new accent.

Also there are tons of celebrities who come on live shows and speak in a totally different manner from how they did a few years ago. 

Case in point, check out Maria Sharapova's interviews from the 2003-2004 time period to the ones like 2 years ago. She has a very different accent. Even Priyanka Chopra has developed a very different accent from how she used to speak a few years ago in India. 

So yes it's totally possible to develop accents, but it's of course impossible to change a stubborn idiot's mind as you have proved clearly in this case. 

1 hour ago, tennisluvr said:

It can only come through repeated sustained and targeted practice. Not by listening to podcasts or Audio CDs

Just listening to them doesn't help.. You've to practice and apply the learnings daily by having conversations with people 

23 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Spoken like a true ignoramus. Your intellect the size of your tiny pecker isn't capable enough of fathoming that there are artists that perform live comedy shows that slip in and out of different accents. 

So yes it's absolutely possible to master different accents, just not for clueless morons like you though 

Live comedy shows are practiced hundreds of times by the artist before performing it live.

You can draw an analogy to mimicry. There are a lot of people out there that mimic actors and politicians.

Can they perfectly emulate? Yes.

Can they hold a conversation in that accent/tone? Probably.

Will it become their natural accent/tone? Never.

Would they want to live everyday talking like that?

No. They cannot. They would die of suffocation from being unable to converse freely without conscious deliberation every time.

16 hours ago, ICANWIN said:

Jokes apart...Accent is imp and will def help to build your self confidence while talking in meetings and also help u when u go up the ladder...career pakkana pettina i still want to improve my english accent for personal satisfaction..

What man ? edi chesina or edi post chesina discouraging ga talking? encourage positive things 

late ga telusukunna...latest ga telukunav...!

nuvu Bot uh ?

44 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

late ga telusukunna...latest ga telukunav...!

nuvu Bot uh ?

Late ga em telusukoledu...eppudo telusu latest ga effort pedadam anukuntunna...btw i dont know what is bot

53 minutes ago, karthikn said:

Just listening to them doesn't help.. You've to practice and apply the learnings daily by having conversations with people 

Yup :)

14 hours ago, tennisluvr said:

Accent can enhance that success factor. Interpersonal skills are of course primary but accent could make it a lot smoother if you have a good one. Or atleast one that's perceived good by the people around you. Makes you appear and seem more interesting. 

I Pm'd you yesterday ..pls check when u get a chance..ty

One of the best method is to watch some nice american TV shows, Not the ones with cheap slang but...check out some videos or documentaries from the 1990's with sub titles...try to listen and practice when ever you can and trust me, in 2-3 months you can see a difference...a lot ..

1 minute ago, Android_Halwa said:

One of the best method is to watch some nice american TV shows, Not the ones with cheap slang but...check out some videos or documentaries from the 1990's with sub titles...try to listen and practice when ever you can and trust me, in 2-3 months you can see a difference...a lot ..

I do watch video's but have inhibitions talking thinking people might think i am faking...ade prob...btw thanks for the suggestion

17 hours ago, ICANWIN said:

English accent classes evarikanna idea unnaya? 3 yrs nunchi i had this in mind but i couldn't get a good teacher for in class around place i live /skype one on one sessions.  Dokku softwares gurinchi kadu adugutondi e option already explored ...found uninteresting and useless as well ..looking for a good teacher... Konnni forums tried but they are very boring as talking to stranger and all is something i cannot do. I can spend reasonable price if it is effective. Appreciate help !

@3$% - interesting 

17 hours ago, ICANWIN said:

evani already tried...and its not like i cant speak english to learn accent and go for classes..nenu research cheyakunda ikkada post veyaledu and i need serious replies pls

hahaha manollaki dobbatame pani kabatti nuvu genuine or serious oo sambandam ledu.. overlook cheyatam reply ivvatam common kada.. how ya how

1 minute ago, 8OY said:

hahaha manollaki dobbatame pani kabatti nuvu genuine or serious oo sambandam ledu.. overlook cheyatam reply ivvatam common kada.. how ya how

Agreed...i will find teacher for reasonable price and nene info ista in few weeks...kavalanukunnavallaki upayoga padutndi 

nenu oka suggestion ista.. first american british classification chaala imp. american basics kante british di baguntundi ani vinnanu...(but some say american is a copy of british with some edits)

slang means na uddesam lo speaking fluent and proper english. american or british valla la matladatam kante mana slang lone better english matladithe adi more confidence istundi ani anukuntuna.. also indian slang is considered most understandable when compared to others.. this is genuine.

IELTS or english language courses unayi edx/coursera or other platforms.. IELTS courses lo baagane teach chestunaru..better start there.. you may find a solution that you are looking for..

7 minutes ago, ICANWIN said:

Agreed...i will find teacher for reasonable price and nene info ista in few weeks...kavalanukunnavallaki upayoga padutndi 

yourock