How right is it to celebrate your birthday at an Orphanage

Quickgun_murugan

Just now, Quickgun_murugan said:

a topic ayina halwa kaka dummala aunty ni odaladu... 

halwa kantey radical untundi naa thought ee vishayam lo maatram.

halwa is restricted by 'practicality'.

18 minutes ago, Quickgun_murugan said:

It is a good thing to do only if you have proper insight into what implications your actions will have. 

Most humbly I duly acknowledge that you are a very noble person to be considering celebrating the birthday in an orphanage.

I just had another concern. I have been a volunteer at an orphanage for almost an year now. Every weekend I see a lot of people coming there to celebrate birthdays. 

Now let me tell you what a celebration looks like there. More like your celebration over there.

• People come in, at the gate there is a guard Aunty or someoboy from the orphanage. They come in,  normally they get some sweets or gifts too. 
  • They hand it over to the Aunty. Then they tell it's my kid's birthday. 
  • Aunty calls out all the kids present there ( close to 50 kids).
  • They circle around you and sing you Happy Birthday. They don't even know you but sing their hearts out jumping with happiness. 
  • You say thank you and leave. 

Here you wasn't referring to you Sir but anybody who came. SO I hope you won't feel offended. 
Now that I have walked you through what happened, let me tell you what happens after you leave. 

• You come with your kids and you make them sing for you. Nobody realises how they feel. Can you imagine how a 6 year old will feel when families show up with kids , when he/she sees children his age with parents who care. I know a part of our subconscious says they must have come to terms with the fact that they are living there. But is it justified. 
  • Once after singing a birthday song for a 2 year old cute baby girl , I overheard this conversation. So I am sitting at this table and teaching a 12th class girl, I make her skip moving to the celebration area( she feels bad that's why). So a child Gaurav, in class 5th comes back n tells other kids on the table ( some 6 kids of the same age) ------- yaar woh baby kitni lucky hai, uske mummy Papa kitne khush hain uske birthday par. He just said that , sighed and got back to work. 

So do we really want that for those ten minutes of happiness, we leave such an impact on their minds. Maybe leaving aside the 5year old and younger, they know what ab orphanage means. They will live with that all their life.
Basically it boils down to two things -&---

• Your kid is 1-9 year old. When you take him there he still has no idea what it means, except for a chorus of the birthday song by 50 odd kids. That kid will be equally happy if you bought him a balloon at a traffic light. Or surprise him with a funny birthday video found online.
  • Your kid is a teenager. At that age we are too oblivious to things like these and even if u r wiser than the rest, a birthday song or no birthday song won't matter.

So Sir I humbly appeal to you. Please visit them whenever you can. You have got to be a very noble soul to be even tthinking of it. I thank you for that from the bottom of my heart. Bit Sir just if we can skip the birthday song, you will be doing such a big favour to me. You go, take what ever you wnat to for them, play with them, dance with them, they will give you memories of a lifetime. 
Just that let our memories of a good task not leave a blot on theirs.

I did not mean to offend you at all. I am very very sorry if I was rude at any point. I just wanted to tell people the reality and quora seemed like a platform where people could find out.

• Upvote 1

It is a good thing to do only if you have proper insight into what implications your actions will have. 

Most humbly I duly acknowledge that you are a very noble person to be considering celebrating the birthday in an orphanage.

I just had another concern. I have been a volunteer at an orphanage for almost an year now. Every weekend I see a lot of people coming there to celebrate birthdays. 

Now let me tell you what a celebration looks like there. More like your celebration over there.

• People come in, at the gate there is a guard Aunty or someoboy from the orphanage. They come in,  normally they get some sweets or gifts too. 
  • They hand it over to the Aunty. Then they tell it's my kid's birthday. 
  • Aunty calls out all the kids present there ( close to 50 kids).
  • They circle around you and sing you Happy Birthday. They don't even know you but sing their hearts out jumping with happiness. 
  • You say thank you and leave. 

Here you wasn't referring to you Sir but anybody who came. SO I hope you won't feel offended. 
Now that I have walked you through what happened, let me tell you what happens after you leave. 

• You come with your kids and you make them sing for you. Nobody realises how they feel. Can you imagine how a 6 year old will feel when families show up with kids , when he/she sees children his age with parents who care. I know a part of our subconscious says they must have come to terms with the fact that they are living there. But is it justified. 
  • Once after singing a birthday song for a 2 year old cute baby girl , I overheard this conversation. So I am sitting at this table and teaching a 12th class girl, I make her skip moving to the celebration area( she feels bad that's why). So a child Gaurav, in class 5th comes back n tells other kids on the table ( some 6 kids of the same age) ------- yaar woh baby kitni lucky hai, uske mummy Papa kitne khush hain uske birthday par. He just said that , sighed and got back to work. 

So do we really want that for those ten minutes of happiness, we leave such an impact on their minds. Maybe leaving aside the 5year old and younger, they know what ab orphanage means. They will live with that all their life.
Basically it boils down to two things -&---

• Your kid is 1-9 year old. When you take him there he still has no idea what it means, except for a chorus of the birthday song by 50 odd kids. That kid will be equally happy if you bought him a balloon at a traffic light. Or surprise him with a funny birthday video found online.
  • Your kid is a teenager. At that age we are too oblivious to things like these and even if u r wiser than the rest, a birthday song or no birthday song won't matter.

So Sir I humbly appeal to you. Please visit them whenever you can. You have got to be a very noble soul to be even tthinking of it. I thank you for that from the bottom of my heart. Bit Sir just if we can skip the birthday song, you will be doing such a big favour to me. You go, take what ever you wnat to for them, play with them, dance with them, they will give you memories of a lifetime. 
Just that let our memories of a good task not leave a blot on theirs.

I did not mean to offend you at all. I am very very sorry if I was rude at any point. I just wanted to tell people the reality and quora seemed like a platform where people could find out.

link ichaav ga. malli paste enduku ?

hmm

thappu ledu bro, appatla ochi "do we belong here" adi idi ani ipudemo I am a victim naaku GC ivvandi, emanna ante widowed woman ki India lo sthanam ledu ani edo story allutondi. Intha chesthey very rich widow million dollar worth ikkada, adevvadu matladathaley. 

11 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

Balsinodu poi orphanage la birthdays celebrate cheyadam anedi oka senseless thing..

its just a photo-op..! Sympathy ni grow chese tactic...most recently, it was rakul preet who celebrated her birthday with orphans...

inkoka classic...sunayana dumala kuda orphanage stint chesindi le India la

true... malli photos online lo petti edo peeki podishinattu buildup... its same like taking selfie while donating a rupee in beggar's plate...

1 minute ago, tennisluvr said:

thappu ledu bro, appatla ochi "do we belong here" adi idi ani ipudemo I am a victim naaku GC ivvandi, emanna ante widowed woman ki India lo sthanam ledu ani edo story allutondi. Intha chesthey very rich widow million dollar worth ikkada, adevvadu matladathaley. 

True... incident jariginappudu oka laaga antha ayipoyaaka what that person has done aftermath andarini ashcharya parichindi.... 

14 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

Balsinodu poi orphanage la birthdays celebrate cheyadam anedi oka senseless thing..

its just a photo-op..! Sympathy ni grow chese tactic...most recently, it was rakul preet who celebrated her birthday with orphans...

inkoka classic...sunayana dumala kuda orphanage stint chesindi le India la

you are looking at it from the perceptive the rich guy....try looking at it from the perceptive for the kids in the orphanage 

1 minute ago, tennisluvr said:

I think you guys are focusing on details too much. attacking a person for doing everyone would have done in that situation is not very useful.

Instead think about this. Why do people even donate on gofund? I think the entire gofund thing is a bad idea, whatever the reasons.

I do make plenty donations, but only on open source software I use, and a few political groups that I support. 

I think coming together to save a life is a great thing, but giving money is feeding into the corporate hospitals and the system. Instead more people should question why should anyone have to suffer at all when there's so much to go around. Only countries that don't have universal health care have cases like these.

4 minutes ago, Quickgun_murugan said:

true... malli photos online lo petti edo peeki podishinattu buildup... its same like taking selfie while donating a rupee in beggar's plate...

y cant you look it as a publicity for the orphanage too 

and they are setting an example kada