All poker questions/discussions here....

CricPokChic

On 7/2/2018 at 2:37 PM, Nellore_peddareddi said:

Glad that you called here. Ofcourse yes, any any guy with Queens is scared if he have lot money behind him to gamble without Kings and Aces, so 4 bet always says you have Aces Kings when people don't hold them. If the 5 bet comes, don't even think for second just fold it. And with small stacks, I flat AK instead of raise as there is no point to gamble with small stacks as they go 400 Allin with pocket 10s too. Keep 4 bets if the 3bet raiser is deep, with small stacks I fold preflop many times too as we can't play them as they even call with over cards on flop  with less money behind. Check with what stacks you are playing always GSB3.gif?1370457845 

@Nellore_peddareddi what if i have AK suited and the opponent AA. Assume as per your guidance i made 4 bet. Aces guy simply called instead of Allin just to confuse you. Flop, turn and river all are dumb rainbow cards.. In this case do i need to keep continuation bets to pretend as i have Aces.??

3 hours ago, pillirevanth said:

@Nellore_peddareddi what if i have AK suited and the opponent AA. Assume as per your guidance i made 4 bet. Aces guy simply called instead of Allin just to confuse you. Flop, turn and river all are dumb rainbow cards.. In this case do i need to keep continuation bets to pretend as i have Aces.??

There is no way for confusion when you 4 bet after guy 3bet and flatting your 4bet, his range is so strong. When you don't have it it's most likely the opponent have it. I cbet flop and fold for any bets if I don't catch any card. I don't like seeing K on board when he flat pre in general. And if there is a Q or J on flop you can play as you have Queens or just give up as you have no value in your high cards. But I most likely try to play slow with AK if no A show up in this case. You need to take a minute to think what opponent have when we don't hold monsters especially when you are pretty deep. When opponent flats 4 bet it's mostly a good hand not a gamble hand he's holding.

On 4/5/2019 at 7:49 PM, Nellore_peddareddi said:

There is no way for confusion when you 4 bet after guy 3bet and flatting your 4bet, his range is so strong. When you don't have it it's most likely the opponent have it. I cbet flop and fold for any bets if I don't catch any card. I don't like seeing K on board when he flat pre in general. And if there is a Q or J on flop you can play as you have Queens or just give up as you have no value in your high cards. But I most likely try to play slow with AK if no A show up in this case. You need to take a minute to think what opponent have when we don't hold monsters especially when you are pretty deep. When opponent flats 4 bet it's mostly a good hand not a gamble hand he's holding.

Very good explanation. 

Last weekend 200$ Lost in 2/5 table.

I started with $200. Won few good hands and reached $1300. Lost a hand worth of $1000 in a below scenario.

I have played with a guy who always maintains big stack though he loses. I pretty much know his strategy. mostly he will bluff on flop.

Here is the hand:

I am UTG. I have KK. The other guy(Mr. X) is right next to me has JJ. I started with 45$. He raised to $150 all folds and i  flat call. I know his play if 3 bet mostly he will fold. I thought if there is no 'Ace' on flop and if i value bet, he will raise or go for all-in.

Flop: J heart 2 diamond 3 club - rainbow.

I bet $200 to give him an impression that i don't have hand. He flat call. This made me little doubt but i am not sure how to move.

Turn: J heart 2 diamond 3 club 8 club

I went for all-in with (650$), not wanted to see Ace or club on the river. He snap call, he made a set. I put him on JQ or AJ.

River is Jack made him 4 of a kind.

Is it my bad luck or any wrong play.?

4 hours ago, pillirevanth said:

I started with $200. Won few good hands and reached $1300. Lost a hand worth of $1000 in a below scenario.

I have played with a guy who always maintains big stack though he loses. I pretty much know his strategy. mostly he will bluff on flop.

Here is the hand:

I am UTG. I have KK. The other guy(Mr. X) is right next to me has JJ. I started with 45$. He raised to $150 all folds and i  flat call. I know his play if 3 bet mostly he will fold. I thought if there is no 'Ace' on flop and if i value bet, he will raise or go for all-in.

I bet $200 to give him an impression that i don't have hand. He flat call. This made me little doubt but i am not sure how to move.

I went for all-in with (650$), not wanted to see Ace or club on the river. He snap call, he made a set. I put him on JQ or AJ.

I would never flat call his re-raise with KK. I  usually go all-in or re-raise based on his and my stack. flat calling him will put u on jeopardy. I know u r still losing for that flop, but in general, flatting is not at all an option at that point with Kings, just my 2 cents. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, pillirevanth said:

Here is the hand:

Naadi 1.5 cents...

scenario1: I have played with a guy who always maintains big stack:  He has huge stack and you have 1300 UTG raise in 3-bet cheysindu antey he has something like A’s Q’s AK or J’s some times 10’s depending on the player...So If you do not 4-bet and flat and you see a A on the flop you are in a touch situation because you are out of position on flop. So, always 4-bet. You said if you 3- bet he folds let him take that 150 and add to your stack.. rather then he stacking you with an A’s or flopping set situations..

Scenario 2: maaa peddareddi Anna cheppinattu unless you have nuts on the River never forget about pot control conditions.. at the end of the day you only have a pair in your hand...since you being out of position you should have checked the turn..he bets you call situation one and the same

in this hand all the money is going in no matter unless you put him on A’s and fold.. nothing wrong play other than those two scenarios.. he flopped a set and you missed it that’s the name of the game.. one day flop and other day somebody else flops... 

On 4/9/2019 at 6:37 AM, KakiJanaky said:

I would never flat call his re-raise with KK. I  usually go all-in or re-raise based on his and my stack. flat calling him will put u on jeopardy. I know u r still losing for that flop, but in general, flatting is not at all an option at that point with Kings, just my 2 cents. 

nice point

1 hour ago, hello987 said:

nen adhe adigina ninna

nenu bathike unnaney nainamma. peddareddi pelli lo busy anukunta. How are you guys doing? Any updates on your play

36 minutes ago, KakiJanaky said:

nenu bathike unnaney nainamma. peddareddi pelli lo busy anukunta. How are you guys doing? Any updates on your play

Last 1 month, played 3 sessions and 1 tournament. Did not come into cash for tournament. Cash games 1500$ profit.

On 4/8/2019 at 4:23 PM, pillirevanth said:

Here is the hand:

I never flat with Kings and Aces. You should always 4 bet, else you make people see cards with 78 diamonds sometimes and they flop some random two pairs which puts your money at risk. 

If you play with me I generally 3 bet a  lot with any two random cards so people play for stacks with me scared of seeing flops as I always bet huge in all streets if I hit big. So charge guys like me big preflop as we don't give easily money postflop without hand. Nuvvu King hit avthe neeku evadu pay cheyadu post flop and if A hits you're forced to fold for bluffs.

To add to it, when someone 3 bet you pre and you flat with monster, you're leadind flop which is bad. Lets say he have AK and it's easy fold for him. If you want to play it slow - always do a check raise as you are never folding. Leading flop is bad play when you flat preflop.