Do you believe in God?

DrBeta

2 hours ago, uttermost said:

leave this.. I'm ready for nerd jokes.

the other day, I was in a catatonic state.. and everything flew right past me, other than the stuff I wanted to say :)

Lol does that mean you were too drunk to move around?

2 hours ago, uttermost said:

randomness is god, drbeta.

I do appreciate people putting a name and face to this randomness, so they can have an anchor to their life.

it doesn't bother me, as long as it is not used for political needs.

In an ideal world, religion is something personal, Government can't put fingers in. It doesn't happen that way though, it's unfortunate.

7 minutes ago, DrBeta said:

In an ideal world, religion is something personal, Government can't put fingers in. It doesn't happen that way though, it's unfortunate.

Government is law of the land........everything has to bow down to law, period. if you cant entertain the law of the land you are free to leave 

9 minutes ago, kasi said:

Government is law of the land........everything has to bow down to law, period. if you cant entertain the law of the land you are free to leave 

The Preamble of the Indian Constitution has the word "secular", and articles 25 to 28 implying that the State will not discriminate, patronise or meddle in the profession of any religion.However, it shields individual religions or groups by adding religious rights as fundamental rights. Article 25 says "all persons are equally entitled to freedom of conscience and the right to freely profess, practice, and propagate religion subject to public order, morality and health." Further, Article 26 says that all denominations can manage their own affairs in matters of religion. All these rights are subject to be regulated by the State.

The interpretation of the law in India is different since the state meddles with religion, if you ask me the Government has no right to meddle with religion unless there is a human rights violation or something along the lines of violation. But since the interpretation of the law has been distorted, you don't see that happening. 

And I don't think it means everything to bow down to the Government. I think state and religion are separate should be the interpretation of secularism.