Do you believe in God?

DrBeta

1 hour ago, DrBeta said:

Being agnostic is not being Gopi. It is questioning a position with reasoning. No one showed me that there is no God, so, I refuse to believe it. 

No one showed me that there is God either....so why dont you not beleive that there no go 

i dont understand being agnostic is a thing......i think its a way of escapism :) IMO

Just now, kasi said:

No one showed me that there is God either....so why dont you not beleive that there no go 

i dont understand being agnostic is a thing......i think its a way of escapism :) IMO

I never said that God exists either. But I refuse to say that God doesn't exist. I just don't know if God exists or not. 

7 minutes ago, DrBeta said:

I never said that God exists either. But I refuse to say that God doesn't exist. I just don't know if God exists or not. 

if you think not having an opinion is an opinion...i think you can ever have anything to voice out 

1 minute ago, kasi said:

if you think not having an opinion is an opinion...i think you can ever have anything to voice out 

I just told you my opinion. My opinion is questioning with reason. I don't want to deny the existence of God because I don't know if God doesn't exist, so why would I deny the existence of God?

2 minutes ago, DrBeta said:

I just told you my opinion. My opinion is questioning with reason. I don't want to deny the existence of God because I don't know if God doesn't exist, so why would I deny the existence of God?

I believe that you are a cow.. can you prove that you are not a cow? if yes, how?

because cows have certain physical traits, and look a certain way.. and everyone agrees that if it looks like a cow, walks like a cow, its a cow. all you have to do is prove that you don't look like a cow... etc.

similarly, what are the agreed quantifiable attributes of a god? There are none.. mystical, unmeasurable attributes like 'energy' etc don't count.

so there's no god. atleast in the physical sense.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, DrBeta said:

you can easily deny the existence of a god scientifically. but if you want to keep your options open, its fine.

however to claim that existence of god cannot be disproven is totally false. god doesn't exist. it exists only in the minds of people who believe it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, uttermost said:

you can easily deny the existence of a god scientifically. but if you want to keep your options open, its fine.

however to claim that existence of god cannot be disproven is totally false. god doesn't exist. it exists only in the minds of people who believe it.

I am glad you're back, I missed you. 

5 minutes ago, uttermost said:

I believe that you are a cow.. can you prove that you are not a cow? if yes, how?

because cows have certain physical traits, and look a certain way.. and everyone agrees that if it looks like a cow, walks like a cow, its a cow. all you have to do is prove that you don't look like a cow... etc.

similarly, what are the agreed quantifiable attributes of a god? There are none.. mystical, unmeasurable attributes like 'energy' etc don't count.

agreed

7 minutes ago, uttermost said:

I am of the opinion that I cannot disprove the presence of God. So, I became an agnostic. I am also not a cow, I could do genomic analysis for that. 

3 minutes ago, DrBeta said:

I am of the opinion that I cannot disprove the presence of God. So, I became an agnostic. I am also not a cow, I could do genomic analysis for that. 

now you are just repeating your assertion, after I pointe out to you why your assertion about existence of god is fundamentally flawed.

first you have to define what God is, before talking about its existence or absence.

so do that first.

ofcourse I've never believed in God. It was taught to me as a kid that God doesn't exist, and is a joke

that's the only good thing my father told me, ever.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, uttermost said:

now you are just repeating your assertion, after I pointe out to you why your assertion about existence of god is fundamentally flawed.

first you have to define what God is, before talking about its existence or absence.

so do that first.

To me, God is a hypothetical creature that possibly created everything. I don't know if he/she/it created everything, but I also don't know if he/she/it didn't create everything.

18 minutes ago, uttermost said:

👏

1 minute ago, uttermost said:

ofcourse I've never believed in God. It was taught to me as a kid that God doesn't exist, and is a joke

that's the only good thing my father told me, ever.

I actually used to religious (grew up in a religious family) when I was little, later I became an atheist and now I am an agnostic.