Do you believe in God?

DrBeta

11 hours ago, DrBeta said:

Belief in proof ante? What you're talking about is an Epic. A story lo author edo raskunnadu, people can learn from or not. I learned a lot from Harry Potter, from Lord of the Rings, from watching Starwars, they are all epics too. Antekani Anakin Skywalker Darth Vader la ela aytadu ante em cheptam? As long as it's my choice to make, I can believe in Hogwarts, I can believe in my patronus charm, I  can believe in my power to shun away dementors. It's my choice.

this is the same exact argument that extremists make n believe in :)

i am not here to lecture/enlighten what you want to believe  or not.......but most of the problems come from a belief system.....my understanding 

11 hours ago, DrBeta said:

Well, you're missing the point again. Religion is a choice, believing or not is also a choice that people make. God or the authors of the epics that you described are under no obligation to make people be righteous. It's a person who chooses to be righteous or not. And like I said you don't need to religious to be righteous. Everything that happens in the society, you can learn the good from it, or the bad. It's upto a person to decide what she/he wants to believe in.

religion is never a choice, religion/brainwash starts from the very next sec u start breathing

you have to be mentally soo mature n strong to break this borders that were drew around you.....not even 1% fall out of this  

7 minutes ago, kasi said:

this is the same exact argument that extremists make n believe in :)

i am not here to lecture/enlighten what you want to believe  or not.......but most of the problems come from a belief system.....my understanding 

Well guess what any person is entitled to believe in whatever they want. And beliefs are not necessarily bad, I can tell you all about how Harry Potter helped me get out of depression in grad school. I am sure that's the case with a lot of people. So, no, beliefs don't just have problems, they have benefits as well. Just like anything in the world, it's a two-sided coin. 

3 minutes ago, kasi said:

religion is never a choice, religion/brainwash starts from the very next sec u start breathing

you have to be mentally soo mature n strong to break this borders that were drew around you.....not even 1% fall out of this  

Like I said, there are issues with it, doesn't mean there are no benefits for it. Don't look at being open-minded and being religious as mutually exclusive, they're not. 

16 minutes ago, DrBeta said:

Well guess what any person is entitled to believe in whatever they want. And beliefs are not necessarily bad, I can tell you all about how Harry Potter helped me get out of depression in grad school. I am sure that's the case with a lot of people. So, no, beliefs don't just have problems, they have benefits as well. Just like anything in the world, it's a two-sided coin. 

i think we are going circles here, you are thinking just from your perspective. what i am saying it  this is the exact though process of a terroe$t 

yes everything has to be weighed, with pros n cons........you were not able convence me that agnosticism is a thing.......i dont think being gopi is an opinion 

1 minute ago, kasi said:

i think we are going circles here, you are thinking just from your perspective. what i am saying it  this is the exact though process of a terroe$t 

yes everything has to be weighed, with pros n cons........you were not able convence me that agnosticism is a thing.......i dont think being gopi is an opinion 

Being agnostic is not being Gopi. It is questioning a position with reasoning. No one showed me that there is no God, so, I refuse to believe it. 

21 hours ago, DrBeta said:

Whatever your stand is, defend it.

YES ante em chepthau??

NO ante em chepthau??

Just now, Biskot2 said:

YES ante em chepthau??

NO ante em chepthau??

Emi cheppanu, it's a question. You are welcome to take a stand, either endorse or refute it. 

1 minute ago, DrBeta said:

Why do you think it's pointless? 

Mari inkenti..God exists ane hypothetically ankunna you're not gonna see any physical evidence..

ledu ani fix ayte..then there's no point in discussion at all where you've already denied the existence

Just now, panipoori said:

Mari inkenti..God exists ane hypothetically ankunna you're not gonna see any physical evidence..

ledu ani fix ayte..then there's no point in discussion at all where you've already denied the existence

I never denied the existence of God. That's what I have been saying all through. 

Just now, DrBeta said:

I never denied the existence of God. That's what I have been saying all through. 

Whateva man it's a pointless statement in any case

3 minutes ago, panipoori said:

Whateva man it's a pointless statement in any case

Pointless according to you? What is a point according to you? I am curious.