50% Reservation for Women in h1b visas

LastManStanding

6 minutes ago, DrBeta said:

Why do you say so? It makes no sense to me. What makes you think that? You can't just be judging all women like that.

so you say that men and women are equal?

1 minute ago, DrBeta said:

If you are saying that a woman's place is in the kitchen, then yes. You are judging the responsibility of a man and a woman. Guess what? There are some women that are way more capable than men and even the other way around. But no one is allowed to say that someone is less capable simply because of her gender. 

don't you thiink you are getting pessimistic? he just expressed his opinion that women are less capable. you can even express that all men are after honey. 

If you are saying that a woman's place is in the kitchen, then yes. You are judging the responsibility of a man and a woman. Guess what? There are some women that are way more capable than men and even the other way around. But no one is allowed to say that someone is less capable simply because of her gender. 

Some maybe good, but most aren’t. Companies can’t take the risk of those “some” women making a difference. It is a numbers game. Increase the number of men on h1bs to make more money. Simple.

7 hours ago, MRI said:

so you say that men and women are equal?

No. I am saying that women should be treated equally. You should treat two people the same way irrespective of their gender. You don't need to give any freebies to a woman simply because she is a woman and you can't judge that she is less capable because she is a woman. 

1 minute ago, MRI said:

don't you thiink you are getting pessimistic? he just expressed his opinion that women are less capable. you can even express that all men are after honey. 

What could you possibly mean by saying that women are "less" capable? I mean seriously, what age are we in? Stone age? Give me a break. 

No. I am saying that women should be treated equally. You should treat two people the same way irrespective of their gender. You don't need to give any freebies to a woman simply because she is a woman and you can judge that she is less capable because she is a woman. 

agreed. Who is arguing about this? And can you explain how to treat equally?

2 minutes ago, Staysafebro said:

Some maybe good, but most aren’t. Companies can’t take the risk of those “some” women making a difference. It is a numbers game. Increase the number of men on h1bs to make more money. Simple.

If you see two applications with similar qualifications, you can't selectively pick one out because it's a woman's application. That's where bias stems from. From being prejudiced, from being judgemental. 

19 minutes ago, Staysafebro said:

It is not about respect here though. It is about how useful certain things are. I wouldn’t use a paddle if I could use a motor on my boat. 

look who's talking, back home you must be a slave to a woman.

What could you possibly mean by saying that women are "less" capable? I mean seriously, what age are we in? Stone age? Give me a break. 

firstly, it was his opinion. Secondly, I would even express the same. Women are less capable but that doesn't mean they do not deserve respect. The age we are in is delusional age.

1 minute ago, MRI said:

agreed. Who is arguing about this? And can you explain how to treat equally?

If you were to receive two applications, you can't selectively pick one out because you think a man is more capable. That's where discrimination stems from. The other guy was arguing that women are less capable, guess what? That's where bias and prejudice stems from. 

Just now, MRI said:

firstly, it was his opinion. Secondly, I would even express the same. Women are less capable but that doesn't mean they do not deserve respect. The age we are in is delusional age.

Whatever you mean by less capable, please elaborate.

2 minutes ago, DrBeta said:

If you see two applications with similar qualifications, you can't selectively pick one out because it's a woman's application. That's where bias stems from. From being prejudiced, from being judgemental. 

did you mean to say "because it's a man's application"?

If you were to receive two applications, you can't selectively pick one out because you think a man is more capable. That's where discrimination stems from. The other guy was arguing that women are less capable, guess what? That's where bias and prejudice stems from. 

which applications are we talking about?

Just now, MRI said:

which applications are we talking about?

I don't know, job application. In general, when you are judging two people based on their qualifications.