Half of TSRTC to go private

hyperbole

9 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

Yes, indeed it will help. 

Route optimisation, competing with other players, implementing new technologies and better services, using RTC properties for ancillary revenues etc..

by the way, why privatization issue is coming into the picture ? Who is making RTC private ? Why is the issue about privatization ? 

route optimization can be implemented in RTC itself. Its just software. why not discuss about that, instead of spreading rumors abou 50k salaries, and insult them in public?

you were the one that brought in privatization. you said RTC will be the nodal organization, that'll oversee a mix of public and private buses, while controlling its prices. the only parallel I can think of with this, is the UK rail network, which is also running under losses. and the demand there also is that it be taken over by the govt.

as long as the prices are controlled, losses are unavoidable for these kind of public services.

2 minutes ago, crashnburn said:

route optimization can be implemented in RTC itself. Its just software. why not discuss about that, instead of spreading rumors abou 50k salaries, and insult them in public?

you were the one that brought in privatization. you said RTC will be the nodal organization, that'll oversee a mix of public and private buses, while controlling its prices. the only parallel I can think of with this, is the UK rail network, which is also running under losses. and the demand there also is that it be taken over by the govt.

as long as the prices are controlled, losses are unavoidable for these kind of public services.

Okay. I think I got your point now. 

Privatization of fleet is completely different from privatizing RTC. It simple...although appear to be complicated but trust me, it’s simple. 

RTC, instead of owning will hire buses. It’s at 10% now and will go up to 50%. 

RTC will never be privatized, Government needs to have a transport agency in its control. 

Fleet optimization is just about software. Using the fleet on the routes which are profitable keeping in view the local conditions. I’m agency regions, RTC makes losses but in-spite they run because connectivity is crucial. There will be special services, subsidized travel, government machinery moving, etc lot of purposes and Government needs to have RTC under its management. 

29 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

KCR as party chief, promised to merge RTC with Government. It is a political move and it cannot be a base point...

Why not? Then RTC employees took up the strike at the right point. Rendu Private citi buslu, maa oorlo naa cheddilu yesukunapudey yethesar tattkoleyka. Diesel perygithey, ticket lu perugutay, janam kattali yendi?. Rtc assets touch sesthey govt loky teeskovaly. Govt loky teeskokunda rtc assests touch chesey hakku yevadistad? 
you think you can run a bus without a conductor in our Indian system with villages/mandals every 10 kms? 
unions resistance, unions resistance yendi kaka..rtc conductor/driver/cleaner/mechanic job yegad*ngatam susava govt teacher/bank employee lekkana?

6 minutes ago, crashnburn said:

UK rail network, infrastructure is owned by the Network Rail but not the day to day operations. Every sector has a different private operator, UK has about 10 different train operators private players who run their trains run on infrastructure owned by Network Rail. Ticketing is standard across all operators and private players can only have control of premium ticket prices but not standard fares. The standard fares are set by the network rail. After the railway financial crisis in 1970’s, UK government adopted this model by privatizing couple of zones first then implemented the whole network. The same thing with gas grid network too, Government own the infrastructure and pipeline and private players distribute and operate the pipelines at prices set by the board.

This is something should be implemented in india. 

Do you want me explain how Chicago? New York subways, Russian metro etc works on this public-private model ? I can..

19 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

Yes, indeed it will help. 

Route optimisation, competing with other players, implementing new technologies and better services, using RTC properties for ancillary revenues etc..

by the way, why privatization issue is coming into the picture ? Who is making RTC private ? Why is the issue about privatization ? 

even if one considers your view.. what has the govt done to move RTC in this direction?

talking sh1t about RTC, and threatening to fire doesn't count. its a dcik move. 

or are you claiming that this strike is because the MD of RTC is trying to implemetn this move, but strikers want to stay in stone age? 

The famed Moscow metro, the best public transportation system on earth is owned by the city, but operated by private contractors. 

Same is the case with Tokyo and London. 

Newyork and Chicago, city owns but private players operate on contract basis. 

As per your view, these systems should have been defunct by now as they are private players, but the reality is that these systems are getting better only after private participation is increased for better services...

2 minutes ago, crashnburn said:

even if one considers your view.. what has the govt done to move RTC in this direction?

talking sh1t about RTC, and threatening to fire doesn't count. its a dcik move. 

or are you claiming that this strike is because the MD of RTC is trying to implemetn this move, but strikers want to stay in stone age? 

Okay, let me put it this way..

Why is the issue of privatization popping up ? 

6 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

UK rail network, infrastructure is owned by the Network Rail but not the day to day operations. Every sector has a different private operator, UK has about 10 different train operators private players who run their trains run on infrastructure owned by Network Rail. Ticketing is standard across all operators and private players can only have control of premium ticket prices but not standard fares. The standard fares are set by the network rail. After the railway financial crisis in 1970’s, UK government adopted this model by privatizing couple of zones first then implemented the whole network. The same thing with gas grid network too, Government own the infrastructure and pipeline and private players distribute and operate the pipelines at prices set by the board.

This is something should be implemented in india. 

Do you want me explain how Chicago? New York subways, Russian metro etc works on this public-private model ? I can..

I'm aware of the UK model. But what you are saying is already happening, by making TSRTC as a separate corporation. that is, in this instance govt is the nodal authority, and sets prices that TSRTC follows, while still not being free to manage their own corporation in a professional way (that is govt dipping into its coffers, appointing its management, etc).

what you now propose as far as I undersatnd is, make TSRTC take the place of govt, which means RTC should own the roads, right? I mean how does it work? RTC leases the roads, and the maintenance from the govt? or RTC becomes a govt dept atleast then?

isn't there an inherent complexity to this whole arrangement, that you are simply handwaving away? Also rail network is not the same as the road network, which is used by other vehicles too.

33 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

The famed Moscow metro, the best public transportation system on earth is owned by the city, but operated by private contractors. 

Same is the case with Tokyo and London. 

Newyork and Chicago, city owns but private players operate on contract basis. 

As per your view, these systems should have been defunct by now as they are private players, but the reality is that these systems are getting better only after private participation is increased for better services...

all of them are metros, running services in high density areas, with dedicated rail lines. and many are subsidized by their local govts.

and each of these metros have different models they work on. Tokyo for example was in the model of Indian railways with its zones, that were largely autonomous, which were then sold off to private players separately.

under your idea of a 'nodal' organization, RTC will essentially be a lame duck with no assets of its own. In fact, there's no reason for RTC to exist at all, except for a buffer period until private companies take over transport.

so now we have a situation where RTC provides some services at the lowest cost, because it is dedicated to do it. do you expect govt to have the same control over private operators? are indians the same as japanese in following basic social norms? would you trust  an Indian businessmen with your dog atleast?

29 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

Okay, let me put it this way..

Why is the issue of privatization popping up ? 

your claim of increasing hires to 50%, means you'll let private players fill 50% of the demand, while optimizing for route through a central command, which is RTC (which also runs 50% of buses).

do you understand how stupid this arrangement is? 

52 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

Privatization of fleet is completely different from privatizing RTC. It simple...although appear to be complicated but trust me, it’s simple. 

so that's what you meant by 'hire'.

this idea doesn't compute with almost anything you claimed in this thread.

you are claimig that govt will hire from private players (and run it with their employees?). this helps what, exactly?

is this like companies hiring laptops for their employees with a maintenance contract signed in, right?

okay, can you tell why employees have 'hired buses must be removed' as one of their demands. in fact, it is one of the last demands. which means its not such a game changer, and most of your comments on this issue are in no way related to the strike. 

i can only understand that you are thinking out aloud about your vision for RTC, and don't have any meaningful opinion on the strike itself.

1 hour ago, Android_Halwa said:

seriously man Halwa, how is increasing number of 'hires' the same as equating it to whatever metro model you were parading here?

RTC doesn't own its fleet, but will control it through route optimizaton.. hmmm.. 

why not just own the damnnn thing. does fleet management become hard if govt owns its fleet? or do private players have unique bus building skills that they can build them at half the cost govt can and hire to govt and make a profit off it?

so this is what i understand from your claim, halwa.

since RTC won't own the fleet, L&T can also become part of this network with their metro carriages, and everyone can have a unified transport system. anthey na?

daaniki idantha avasaram ledhu kadha. they can simply work things out between RTC and metro rail under the current structure itself.

deeniki hires emi avasaram undhi?