Are religious conversions bad?

Pillipilla

6 hours ago, Scurvy said:

what rubbish civilization evolved with effort of our great ancestors intellect and we are blessed to be surrounded by the comforts.

India is comparable to Africa in poverty. what comforts?

10 hours ago, prasadr said:

they claim they converted out of love for Jesus and MahaMad,

They can convert out of anything they want to, moron. who are you to tell them what to do? are you their master?

8 hours ago, Iriswest said:

Immigrate aithe in no way you are deserting a country or its people. But if you change religion you are selling your values passed on by a previous generation. Oke devudu unnadu. Andaru palu rakaluga poojistaru oke devudini. Adedo mana previous generation traditions ni continue cheste our parents will feel happy about it too.

You are deserting your country if you immigrate away. You are cutting away all your relations in a meaningful way. Your birth country cared for you whe you were a fragile child, educated you and ensured you are a productive individual wherever you are. But then you start producing for a foreign country and satisfy yourself by sending some 5 -10 percent of your income to home country ( which tends to get less and less) . And most of your kids marry in to foreign cultures and you know your already half dead values are fully dead.

the reason you talk like this is because as oc or brahmin you believe you are entitled to make your choices but HATE when a similar choice is exercised by a Dalit or hindus though he actually has better reasons. Racist spotted.

6 hours ago, prasadr said:

Are you lying to us

OR

just lying to yourself?

Change your religion to whatever you want to.

In fact invent a new religion and join it - see if anyone cares.

Point we are asking is,

WHY   PEOPLE   AFTER  CONVERTING  STILL  CLAIM  TO BE   HINDUS  for reservations and for working in temples?

Change but why lie to the world for personal gains that you get for being a Hindu?

Chaa hindus evarru fake cheyyara resumes lo. Nuvvu nee tughlak alochanalu.

12 minutes ago, lovemystate said:

the reason you talk like this is because as oc or brahmin you believe you are entitled to make your choices but HATE when a similar choice is exercised by a Dalit or hindus though he actually has better reasons. Racist spotted.

absolutely.

Its an attempt to control what others do, in the name of religion.

Nothing is bad/good for humans. no one deals in such absolutes unless they are sold on that by people who have their mindshare.

natonalism, religion are two abstract ideas that are used to capture that mindshare, especially among the population who have lost their will to live, and smply go through the motions.

like magic, these losers suddenly become invigorated and discover purpose in life, sincerely believe all the crap that is fed to them, and are convinced that it is they that chose their destiny.

and such gorrey army (this db is one too) then proceeds to poison their surroundings with trash they believe, and the ones that are more driven engage in much more pernicious forms of political action, like rioting.

the key is to make people believe the trash they read. 

basically dumbfcuks like in this db are easy to manipulate by pushing bullshit.

but not all bullshit works. bullshit has to be couched in ideas that are palatable.

bullshit based on universalism, brotherhood, liberalism have very short shelf lifes.

but bullshit based on culture, nation appeal directly to one's ego and therefore are easier to peddle.

10 minutes ago, crashnburn said:

and such gorrey army (this db is one too) then proceeds to poison their surroundings with trash they believe, and the ones that are more driven engage in much more pernicious forms of political action, like rioting.

I like this dB bro 😊even if I disagree on something or other with most of folks here. Where else can I freely express in mix of Telugu and English using some really choice words . Moreover moderation is very liberal when it comes to ideas and thoughts and discussion is free wheeling.

I just watched a debate on tamil tv.  The topic was 'hinduizing' of a tamil poet.

the BJP person simply bulldozed through every argument with a simple 'Was that poet Hindu or not?' so why are you worried if we promote him as Hindu?'.

see, its so easy to breakdown 'us vs them' into simple easily digestible counters. whether they are logical or factual, no one cares, as long as it made them feel good.

similarly is conversion bad or not, is not something people will consider from the point of view of person converting, but out of some exaggerted sense of self importance will put himself in the middle of someone else's personal decision to issue edicts about how it will erode native culture.

mindless buffoons, who think culture never changes.

by asking the question 'are religious conversions bad?', you have given them an inch in this discussion. 

now they get to participate as if they have something important to add to the discussion.

31 minutes ago, lovemystate said:

I like this dB bro 😊even if I disagree on something or other with most of folks here. Where else can I freely express in mix of Telugu and English using some really choice words . Moreover moderation is very liberal when it comes to ideas and thoughts and discussion is free wheeling.

I post purely out of hate in this db.

The entitlement that seeps out of every word they use in this db, is inspiration to me to treat uppercastes I meet as trash (when I can). so in a way, this db is helpful for me too. I can channel my hate better. also really helped me understand uppercaste mind much better.

not just telugu uppercaste.

yeah, the moderation is liberal, but its not because the moderators are liberal. Its because they are clueless. but they are definitely more tolerant than the avg indian moderator.

32 minutes ago, lovemystate said:

basically online social media (especially twitter, and to much lesser extent this db) has allowed me to shed my Hindu identity for good. Now I laugh at  Hindu arguments that ascribe high quality to their culture, and for that matter similar muslim arguments too.

but its a :1in100  chance that a random muslim bumps into me and starts pushing his religion on to me, compared to a Hindu upper middle class asshole who seems to think that his destiny lies with India.

once you have dehumanised a group, the only thing left to do is to either manipulate those fcukers, or avoid those assholes.

I'm still weighing my options on that.

I'm surprised how little I feel in solidarity with Hindus now. this db and social media in general has pushed me into becoming an asshole.

but I am still human. so I have hope. 

I just will never listen to fake victim mongering from Hindus.

30 minutes ago, crashnburn said:

once you have dehumanised a group, the only thing left to do is to either manipulate those fcukers, or avoid those assholes.

I'm still weighing my options on that.

I'm surprised how little I feel in solidarity with Hindus now. this db and social media in general has pushed me into becoming an asshole.

but I am still human. so I have hope. 

I just will never listen to fake victim mongering from Hindus.

I really dont see telugu people as hindus . This whole hindu gindhu is a british invention. Telugu people are vicitims - one of caste and another of india itself. Many telugu OC's dont realize they are getting a rod from india. My hope is once they realize they change for better. And i also beleive it is delhi whic strengthes caste. Left to ourselves we would have solved it long time back. TG actually solved in 1940s itself with sayudha poratam.