Amazon’s work culture

Iriswest

5 minutes ago, Iriswest said:

Xerox lo director is a family friend. He said he will get me the job with one interview but daniki and nenu chese company ki pedda difference ledani lite teeskunna. I have seen many people got hired that way in CITI/chase/Capone. What I intend to say is, credibility unte it is easy to get referrals and at least 50% of those turn out into offers. Also, depends on who is referring.

U seriously comparing xerox/citi/chase/capone with faang

5 minutes ago, Vaampire said:

U seriously comparing xerox/citi/chase/capone with faang

Not comparing, I was just replying to a general statement that referrals don’t get you jobs.

21 minutes ago, Iriswest said:

Xerox lo director is a family friend. He said he will get me the job with one interview but daniki and nenu chese company ki pedda difference ledani lite teeskunna. I have seen many people got hired that way in CITI/chase/Capone. What I intend to say is, credibility unte it is easy to get referrals and at least 50% of those turn out into offers. Also, depends on who is referring.

This is not the case with FAANG. This is what exactly everyone in this thread is trying to say.  

11 minutes ago, Iriswest said:

Not comparing, I was just replying to a general statement that referrals don’t get you jobs.

I never talked in general. Na posts lone cheppa ela family family companies lo untayo.  Nene job ippiyagalanu in the companies you mentioned and easily referal lekunda techukogalanu kuda. Chase is one the most chetha company i ever know. The topic of thread is AMAZON which is one of the FAANG companies.

1 minute ago, Amrita said:

This is not the case with FAANG. This is what exactly everyone in this thread is trying to say.  

Agree. FAANG will definitely be tough to crack.

3 minutes ago, Amrita said:

I never talked in general. Na posts lone cheppa ela family family companies lo untayo.  Nene job ippiyagalanu in the companies you mentioned and easily referal lekunda techukogalanu kuda. Chase is one the most chetha company i ever know. The topic of thread is AMAZON which is one of the FAANG companies.

3 minutes ago, Iriswest said:

amazon lathkorrr company 200.gif

2 minutes ago, Iriswest said:

Not only tough but needs efforts . Genius ayina if he isnt doing leetcode and not good at alogs and data structures they cant crack the interview.  Recruiter linkedin lo interview teppinchina internal candidate referal to interview vachina same to same. We should earn the job in FAANG. Ippiste vache job kadu.  

1 minute ago, covid1990 said:

amazon lathkorrr company 200.gif

In a way with no work life balance.  Netflix, google , FB , Apple kuda i heard konni teams are cool. Amazon lo ah talk so far nenu vinaley. 

2 minutes ago, Amrita said:

Not only tough but needs efforts . Genius ayina if he isnt doing leetcode and not good at alogs and data structures they cant crack the interview.  Recruiter linkedin lo interview teppinchina internal candidate referal to interview vachina same to same. We should earn the job in FAANG. Ippiste vache job kadu.  

BI engineer ki leetcode/algos level prep avasaram ledu. Also as I said 4 rounds will be purely leadership assessment. Only one is tech around that too concentrated on SQL. Leadership assessment lo they will drain your energy with scenario based questions and business understanding. 

6 minutes ago, Iriswest said:

BI engineer ki leetcode/algos level prep avasaram ledu. Also as I said 4 rounds will be purely leadership assessment. Only one is tech around that too concentrated on SQL. Leadership assessment lo they will drain your energy with scenario based questions and business understanding. 

Interview ichi chudu niku telustundi.  Interview format telavadam veru interview tesukoni crack cheyadam veru.   I already interviewed in FAANG in my early career. 

Google experience ki eppudu enni interviews schedule chestam anna nenu abadhalu cheppi i postpone. I know the level of prep needed to crack the interview. No point in just taking it without prep.  Manam currently chestunna job ki ah interview ki em sambandham undadu. Btw just talking about myself.

1 hour ago, Iriswest said:

Atanu kuda married with 2 kids. Also, this is a WFH role. He is not that kind of guy nor I am.

married valle kuta kuta ga untaru...chetilo paisal untai wife ni em chese mood undadu..so they fall on other females or younger ones

18 minutes ago, Amrita said:

Tell me about chase... the worst company i ever worked for... actually i will give some credit.. naalo kasini penchina work culture adhi.

7 minutes ago, Amrita said:

Interview ichi chudu niku telustundi.  Interview format telavadam veru interview tesukoni crack cheyadam veru.   I already interviewed in FAANG in my early career. 

Naaku aa info icchinde call chesina manager, lekapothe nakela telustadi?Tech screening questions for my role are like this. This is from the earlier screening I received from Amazon.

Question

Answer

Tell me about a specific metric or a piece of data you saw that you used to drive a change in your business. Can you tell me about a specific metric you have used to identify a need for a change in your department?  Did you create the metric or was it already available?  How did this and other information influence the change? (*What impact has this had? Was this a KPI in place without the reports to support it? What changes have been made in your team based on the data this report is providing?*) 

OR

How do you feel about coming into a position that is brand new and dealing with the ambiguity that you might face in this space?

How many years of experience do you have using SQL? Are you using it in your current role?

What programming languages do you use on a regular basis? If any, please describe some projects you've done using those languages.

What is Big Data Technology? Talk about any big data tools that you have used, if any, in the past.

Just now, Vaampire said:

Tell me about chase... the worst company i ever worked for... actually i will give some credit.. naalo kasini penchina work culture adhi.

Nenu chase lo cheyale but i am going by friends who did FT there. They say coding standards horrible, desi batch, software development practices very very bad, No unit tests and horrible code coverage, full politics  . Naku chase lo FT vachindi but nenu tesukole because i was making a lot more than what i was making then.