Amazon’s work culture

Iriswest

16 minutes ago, jambalhaatraja said:

ori mee yankamma laara

blind lo 1 million posts unnai on amazon culture..

disco aapi practise some 10 sample syntax for today

200.gif

7 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

Rey entehe tega kottesukuntunnaru. 

some people like to have FAANG experience on their resume, and maybe like that cut throat work culture. Evadi thrill vadidi, let them enjoy it till it lasts. 

some prefer living a life where they can pursue other things on the side apart from work like a passive investment generating business etc and so prefer a less cut throat work culture. 

Anthe disco over, evvaru ekkuva kaadu takkuva kaadu. Puttangane decide ayyara IT lo work sestharani kaadu gaa preferences also change over time. 

End of disco

Most sensible comment in terms of perspective.

9 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

Rey entehe tega kottesukuntunnaru. 

some people like to have FAANG experience on their resume, and maybe like that cut throat work culture. Evadi thrill vadidi, let them enjoy it till it lasts. 

some prefer living a life where they can pursue other things on the side apart from work like a passive investment generating business etc and so prefer a less cut throat work culture. 

Anthe disco over, evvaru ekkuva kaadu takkuva kaadu. Puttangane decide ayyara IT lo work sestharani kaadu gaa preferences also change over time. 

End of disco

Asalu disco was about process no? Asalu e thread lo FAANG lo cheyakapote takkuva FAANG lo cheste thope or FAANG lo cheyi or cheyaddu ani who talked?  Evari ishtam valladi kadu ani evaru annaru?

Dilemma post idi. Not asking about interview process.  Given my inertia to move from a comfortable but dissatisfactory job, is it worth to have FAANG experience on resume(2 years). Is there anybody who is able to maintain a healthy WLB or is it only a sh!thole?

I have worked with Amazon Middle East as a implementation partner for sap hana and analytics.we used to slog till evening 7 in the office and then till 12/1am in the night.but that’s not everyday.

I have left that place,but I still have friends working there who does wfh on holidays and till 10/11 during the night times.yeah they will push you to the extreme if you are on a technology side.the business demands more from you if you are in to analytics 

2 minutes ago, kalaa_pipaasi said:

I have worked with Amazon Middle East as a implementation partner for sap hana and analytics.we used to slog till evening 7 in the office and then till 12/1am in the night.but that’s not everyday.

I have left that place,but I still have friends working there who does wfh on holidays and till 10/11 during the night times.yeah they will push you to the extreme if you are on a technology side.the business demands more from you if you are in to analytics 

Okay are lateral transfers fairly easy?  

Just now, Iriswest said:

Okay are lateral transfers fairly easy?  

Depends purely on your relationship with managers.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kalaa_pipaasi said:

Depends purely on your relationship with managers.

WFH lo bongu untadi relation. I really miss team hangouts.

5 minutes ago, Rushabhi said:

Amazon team meedha depend avuthundi. If it is internal/ external. You can get more info on blind for the team you want to interview for

internal/external ante? Team is fairly new.

Work stress depends from department to department in Amazon. but if you have Visa issues for H1 this kind of companies are always safe bet. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Iriswest said:

internal/external ante? Team is fairly new.

I am talking purely from software engineering stand point. There will be teams that work for client facing. Like for example AWS. They have strict deadlines. Konni teams will be to support these kind of teams vaatillo ok ok untundi work culture ani vinna. BIE no idea anduke anna ask in teamblind ani. Also take the interview. Interview experience vasthundi ga. Offer vasthe then you can think all of this. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Iriswest said:

Ante initial phone screening chestanu annadu. Data engineers in his team will interview ata. He also gave me an overview of what to prepare for. They will look for curiosity to learn and challenge accepting attitude annadu. But yeah, until is the interview is done, I can't tell(My only confidence is I cleared many tech rounds earlier). Will update this thread after interview. Aa mukka kuda cheppa, I have 2 little kids so I am worried about work life balance ani indaka call lo. I know your situation and I am looking for dependable people annadu. Paata company lo work chesina inko ammai ni kuda reach out ayyadu. Tanu manager position aithe vastanu andanta.

Cool ... manchiga prepare avvu ... same boat have two little kids ... na wife work konchem hectic... time dorakadam kastam aitundi...

• Thanks 1