Amazon’s work culture

Iriswest

Just now, Iriswest said:

Naaku aa info icchinde call chesina manager, lekapothe nakela telustadi?Tech screening questions for my role are like this. This is from the earlier screening I received from Amazon.

Question

Answer

Tell me about a specific metric or a piece of data you saw that you used to drive a change in your business. Can you tell me about a specific metric you have used to identify a need for a change in your department?  Did you create the metric or was it already available?  How did this and other information influence the change? (*What impact has this had? Was this a KPI in place without the reports to support it? What changes have been made in your team based on the data this report is providing?*) 

OR

How do you feel about coming into a position that is brand new and dealing with the ambiguity that you might face in this space?

How many years of experience do you have using SQL? Are you using it in your current role?

What programming languages do you use on a regular basis? If any, please describe some projects you've done using those languages.

What is Big Data Technology? Talk about any big data tools that you have used, if any, in the past.

What are you trying to tell me?  If its so easy for you to crack that amazon interview with your recommendation let it be it.  

14 minutes ago, Iriswest said:

BI engineer ki leetcode/algos level prep avasaram ledu. Also as I said 4 rounds will be purely leadership assessment. Only one is tech around that too concentrated on SQL. Leadership assessment lo they will drain your energy with scenario based questions and business understanding. 

If you crack coding interviews you will be placed in proper teams . if non tech edo aata hai jaata hai la untundi..pedda growth em undadu..

Quick sight use chesi dashboards cheyyadam kaadu , can you code and build a visualization tool like quicksigh..that alone differentiates you

ppl slog to clear these staff level roles..oka 450+ ala start aitai ranges..free ga oka 600K stock ee istadu neeku

2 yrs back zillow lo edo role ki comp enta kavali ani adigadu..nenu teliyaka bhayapadutu 150 anna..vaadu navvadu..ee role ki starting ee 300 ani..chi naa batuku anukunna

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Amrita said:

What are you trying to tell me?  If its so easy for you to crack that amazon interview with your recommendation let it be it.  

I am sharing information. Na role ki nuvvu cheppina programming avasaram ledani. Just trying to provide evidence that these are the kind of questions that BI role will be presented with. Again, tech is not a hurdle but other rounds will be for this role. Just trying to set a perspective. Never said I will crack it with recommendation.

5 minutes ago, jambalhaatraja said:

If you crack coding interviews you will be placed in proper teams . if non tech edo aata hai jaata hai la untundi..pedda growth em undadu..

Quick sight use chesi dashboards cheyyadam kaadu , can you code and build a visualization tool like quicksigh..that alone differentiates you

ppl slog to clear these staff level roles..oka 450+ ala start aitai ranges..free ga oka 600K stock ee istadu neeku

Frankly, adi na level kaadu. I was always inclined towards analytics. I know my core competency is not coding.

11 minutes ago, Iriswest said:

I am sharing information. Na role ki nuvvu cheppina programming avasaram ledani. Just trying to provide evidence that these are the kind of questions that BI role will be presented with. Again, tech is not a hurdle but other rounds will be for this role. Just trying to set a perspective. Never said I will crack it with recommendation.

Other rounds will be there for even developer role. Anni rounds lo do you think we code ? Asalu language aey matter kadu pseudo code works. Anyways lite. Good luck !

4 minutes ago, Amrita said:

Other rounds will be there for even developer role. Anni rounds lo do you think we code ? Asalu language aey matter kadu pseudo code works. Anyways lite. 

Not getting what you are trying to convey. Prep cheyyali, I agree. Crack cheyyatam kashtam, agree to that too. What else do you want me to admit?

Just now, Iriswest said:

Not getting what you are trying to convey. Prep cheyyali, I agree. Crack cheyyatam kashtam, agree to that too. What else do you want me to admit?

Why would i care or want you to admit anything?  Wasn't it you who started saying these are the questions sent by your manager and that your manager already helps you to get the job? Process in reality is different which i tried to tell you. Do whatever works for u. Good luck ! 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Amrita said:

Why would i care or want you to admit anything?  Wasn't it you who started saying these are the questions sent by your manager and that your manager already helps you to get the job? Process in reality is different which i tried to tell you. Do whatever works for u. Good luck ! 

Talli na manager pampaledu. He said what kind of questions can I expect. The example I gave was from a screening I got 2 years back for the same role. It is in sync with what he said. Just trying to say that leetcode and algos prep is not needed for my level. He cannot hire me unless I clear the interviews. 

5 minutes ago, jambalhaatraja said:

ori mee yankamma laara

blind lo 1 million posts unnai on amazon culture..

disco aapi practise some 10 sample syntax for today

Thanks will go there now.

1 minute ago, Iriswest said:

Talli na manager pampaledu. He said what kind of questions can I expect. The example I gave was from a screening I got 2 years back for the same role. It is in sync with what he said. Just trying to say that leetcode and algos prep is not needed for my level. He cannot hire me unless I clear the interviews. 

Talli nenu process gurinchi cheptunna not leetcode or algos. I am bored honestly. You are not getting it. Please leave it here. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Amrita said:

Talli nenu process gurinchi cheptunna not leetcode or algos. I am bored honestly. You are not getting it. Please leave it here. 

Thank you for your inputs. I appreciate it.

• Like 1

Rey entehe tega kottesukuntunnaru. 

some people like to have FAANG experience on their resume, and maybe like that cut throat work culture. Evadi thrill vadidi, let them enjoy it till it lasts. 

some prefer living a life where they can pursue other things on the side apart from work like a passive investment generating business etc and so prefer a less cut throat work culture. 

Anthe disco over, evvaru ekkuva kaadu takkuva kaadu. Puttangane decide ayyara IT lo work sestharani kaadu gaa preferences also change over time. 

End of disco

• Upvote 1

I got an offer from Amazon 185k

amd full remote option isthe teeskunna, benefits are good

job cool undi hhayya naakurana daggubati telugu GIF

4 minutes ago, RPG_Reloaded said:

I got an offer from Amazon 185k

amd full remote option isthe teeskunna, benefits are good

job cool undi hhayya naakurana daggubati telugu GIF

Role ento kooda cheppu