autism ani bhayapedutunnaru babayya

dalda

1 hour ago, newtoselenium said:

delay in milestone is a red flag? in terms of watching them i have a one year old - 3 of my close friends kids got recently got diagnosed; its a sensitive topic to ask them sadly

Why sensitive bro , more discussion makes more ideas more ideas is always good To impliment

9 hours ago, tennisluvrredux said:

Homeopathy is unscientific, and from a science perspective complete bull crap bro. 

It might work due to placebo effect on a few minor health issues, but something as serious as autism I doubt would be cured by homeopathy. 

It's a debunked science anyway. 

I agree the placebo effect on the adults, how come kids experience the placebo effect? Some testimonials are positive from parents. Desperate conditions seeks desperate measures, based on scientific explanation, homeopathic medicine contains no original compound or seed because of high dilution something like 10^32. So it's no harm in trying I guess, at the end we want the results that's all.

Autism is just another way the mind works for some people, and there is a range for that mindset. The best you can hope for is that they move up the range to be a high functioning kid. ABA and other therapies help with that.
It’s sad but reality. Just make sure u earn enough and they have a sibling who can at least manage their finances if the kid doesn’t end up working for a living.

At the same time, remember they are still kids and still let them enjoy their childhood without putting too much pressure on them.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rmJU72 said:

Autism is just another way the mind works for some people, and there is a range for that mindset. The best you can hope for is that they move up the range to be a high functioning kid. ABA and other therapies help with that.
It’s sad but reality. Just make sure u earn enough and they have a sibling who can at least manage their finances if the kid doesn’t end up working for a living.

At the same time, remember they are still kids and still let them enjoy their childhood without putting too much pressure on them.

I agree bro but one thing I want to point out regarding siblings .If parents have a kid on the spectrum then there is a chance up-to 50% for their future kids to be on spectrum too.I have seen some families with multiple kids on spectrum and their life is so miserable.So I would prefer to  have only one kid if the kid has special needs and focus on the kid 100%.Also these ASD kids need more of one on one attention and I dont know how parents can manage with more than one kid.If the parents have a elder kid who is normal then thats a different story.Just a fact-40% of special needs kids are homeschooled in US 

13 hours ago, newtoselenium said:

delay in milestone is a red flag? in terms of watching them i have a one year old - 3 of my close friends kids got recently got diagnosed; its a sensitive topic to ask them sadly

yes, its a red flag. Some kids may not be autistic but they are just delayed, but its still a red flag and its better to start EI services right away. They EI and AT services take time. Its not something and you can wake up one day and start the therapy's. In some case it will take 6 months to more than an year. We are trying from april and our AT will be starting by end of feb

12 hours ago, asamardhudu said:

Even my son was behind milestones etc around 2yrs. my son 3.5 yrs old now. Started sending to day care since an year.

now He does many things by himself - removing pant, putting stuff, closing doors etc.. but when we ask him to speak he does not. When he is in good mood, he echo's single words whatever we say. . .. is it still falling under autism symptoms? 

yes, better get autism diagnosis. Its lot easier to tune their mind when it early. Its gets tough as years pass. Just like training a pup and a dog 

25 minutes ago, terminator_desi said:

I agree bro but one thing I want to point out regarding siblings .If parents have a kid on the spectrum then there is a chance up-to 50% for their future kids to be on spectrum too.I have seen some families with multiple kids on spectrum and their life is so miserable.So I would prefer to  have only one kid if the kid has special needs and focus on the kid 100%.Also these ASD kids need more of one on one attention and I dont know how parents can manage with more than one kid.If the parents have a elder kid who is normal then thats a different story.Just a fact-40% of special needs kids are homeschooled in US 

after your 1st kid is diagnosed its better to have genetic test. I know a couple of families where their 1st kid is autistic and 2nd kid is not

10 hours ago, rmJU72 said:

it depends on where they are in spectrum. I atleast dont think my kid is at that range. The only concern we have is with socializing skills and sensory i.e he can only feel 50-60% pain of what we feel, so keeps on running around without knowing whats on the way

On 1/28/2022 at 10:52 AM, lachi said:

iddaru pani chestunte okallu aapesi, pillalto time spend cheyyandi.. pillalaki time ivvakapote alaage ayitadi.. 

Time and touch are the basic things needed. 

inka kudaradu ante , last option (personally i dont like this), send them to india. anni set ayitayi.. akkada migata kids to aadukuntaru kabatii.

Seems you are having lot of parenting knowledge 

How many kids do you have 

6 minutes ago, jaathiratnalu said:

Seems you are having lot of parenting knowledge 

How many kids do you have 

personal vishayalu , anonymous world lo cheppoddannaru maa nannagaaru :)

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, idibezwada said:

kidstho time spend cheyandi saripodhi, late aite emparledu set avtadi, india pampandi ade set avtadi...ivanni chilaka joshyale kada...how do you know they will work? some one in our family always kept engaging with our kid...me, my wife, my mom. my inlaws...Its a spectrum...most of the time my kid is not interested in playing with us and likes to play by himself....he is over focused on things he is interested in and ignores what's going on around him...Autism vallaki brain wiring different untadi...they don't see the world as we see it and they don't socialize with other kids

Ex: When started playing rhymes, with in the 1st second he gets it and comes around to watch it but when you keep calling him while is playing with something he done even care

we never taught him anything, we think he picked it up from the rhymes... he can say A-Z and 1-10 which his peers can't ....but he will not say them when we ask him to, because he don't understand or care about what we are asking him to do

ok, i understand. i am not here to debate. try to suggest something.

if you have better suggestion then mine, everyone ready to take it. including me.

anyhow my final thing: andaru bagundali, andulo manamundali :) . so cool .

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, idibezwada said:

it depends on where they are in spectrum. I atleast dont think my kid is at that range. The only concern we have is with socializing skills and sensory i.e he can only feel 50-60% pain of what we feel, so keeps on running around without knowing whats on the way

How old is your kid bro?Things change with age.My kid is 6year old while he improved with speech ,he developed more sensory issues recently when compared to 3years back

26 minutes ago, idibezwada said:

after your 1st kid is diagnosed its better to have genetic test. I know a couple of families where their 1st kid is autistic and 2nd kid is not

Genetic test meaning Enti how will it change outcome of 2nd

My friends son also diagnosed in Autism in social communication, in general you don’t see any difference but as part of testing he missed couple of milestones. End of the day it’s not a disease they will learn slowly than others in same age. As a parent you need to give as much support and spend  you can. That’s it.. Don’t think about future too much just give him/her resources as much you can. I think 70-80% kids can improve a lot and can live independently without any issues.

1 hour ago, chandrabhai7 said:

Genetic test meaning Enti how will it change outcome of 2nd

Its a test for parents to check if we have autistic related genes in our family. It will not change the outcome, but you will know if you want to go with second one if the results are positive