What causes a civilization to flourish?

VizagRocks

13 minutes ago, maverick23 said:

There is ain't any reservations or free lunches in United States 

Tell this to me, when you have a kid who's of college going age.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VizagRocks

• TheBrahmabull

• pravinyudu

• tokkale

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, TheBrahmabull said:

Not exactly... USA is greatest country only for a brief period ( say from late 1950s to till now ). Before USA there were so many civilizations which were considered as cradle and showed the world how to build a community..

China , Japan and almost entire  Europe were far ahead than USA , infact there was no USA when those countries are doing good..

To your point .. its a cycle. Each and every country, Community go through this. Just like Great Indus, Egyptian, Chinese, Greek, Romans. they all not only flourished once but ruled the world..

Exactly, they all ruled the world when they accepted different cultures into their fold. They went rotting after they became self obsessed.

10 minutes ago, TheBrahmabull said:

Not exactly... USA is greatest country only for a brief period ( say from late 1950s to till now ). Before USA there were so many civilizations which were considered as cradle and showed the world how to build a community..

China , Japan and almost entire  Europe were far ahead than USA , infact there was no USA when those countries are doing good..

To your point .. its a cycle. Each and every country, Community go through this. Just like Great Indus, Egyptian, Chinese, Greek, Romans. they all not only flourished once but ruled the world..

in the beginning of the 20th century, France was the center of intellectual thought in the world. Americans were as obsessed to move to France, the way Indians are obsessed to move to America now.

54 minutes ago, NinduChandurudu said:

More land .less people ..more resources

Then how is Alabama, Montana, Missouri such crappy places to live?

US is great only in pockets where there are many many people. Not in Texas and Louisiana wastelands.

6 minutes ago, VizagRocks said:

Then how is Alabama, Montana, Missouri such crappy places to live?

US is great only in pockets where there are many many people. Not in Texas and Louisiana wastelands.

emo telidu

14 minutes ago, VizagRocks said:

Exactly, they all ruled the world when they accepted different cultures into their fold. They went rotting after they became self obsessed.

post it self a bit contradicting .. anyways part of it is true..

14 minutes ago, VizagRocks said:

in the beginning of the 20th century, France was the center of intellectual thought in the world. Americans were as obsessed to move to France, the way Indians are obsessed to move to America now.

to be precise medieval times - great Renaissance times

Post is saying "What causes a civilization to flourish"  - question is " Why is the US the greatest country in the world at the moment " .  two different things .. Even though there would be some relevance.

I was trying to say... Civilizations dates to back to thousands of years. History showing more advanced civilizations were available thousands of years ago.. Ex. Pyramids, and temple structures in India.. IF we have to take these technological things in to consideration then each and every civilization has their hay-days.

We can discuss so many points why USA is/was great country at the moment..

Exactly, they all ruled the world when they accepted different cultures into their fold. They went rotting after they became self obsessed.  It not always true or makes great country by simply accepting different cultures in to their fold. For the matter of fact if you talk about acceptance even though India has some problems, show me other country where you can find so many religions are accepted over hundreds of years.. Don't say USA.. As i mentioned USA not there from the beginning of so called civilization and  is formed by rebels. USA had so many problems with civil war and racial issues till 1960s

5 minutes ago, Peter123 said:

lol...this is the best part of forums, you can talk whatever bull sh!t you want to...

isn't that the whole point? To talk BS.

1 minute ago, TheBrahmabull said:

Post is saying "What causes a civilization to flourish"  - question is " Why is the US the greatest country in the world at the moment " .  two different things .. Even though there would be some relevance.

I was trying to say... Civilizations dates to back to thousands of years. History showing more advanced civilizations were available thousands of years ago.. Ex. Pyramids, and temple structures in India.. IF we have to take these technological things in to consideration then each and every civilization has their hay-days.

We can discuss so many points why USA is/was great country at the moment..

Exactly, they all ruled the world when they accepted different cultures into their fold. They went rotting after they became self obsessed.  It not always true or makes great country by simply accepting different cultures in to their fold. For the matter of fact if you talk about acceptance even though India has some problems, show me other country where you can find so many religions are accepted over hundreds of years.. Don't say USA.. As i mentioned USA not there from the beginning of so called civilization and  is formed by rebels. USA had so many problems with civil war and racial issues till 1960s

It doesn't matter if US wasn't around at the beginning of time. India sucks now. US rocks.

India is now conservative, self absorbed, ruled by radical Hindus, backed by radical but soft spoken middle class Hindus, and has no hope in hell to recover its glory days.

Perhaps when India was great once, the caste system was not quite rigid, and there was free flow of information on all sides.

US actually corrected its flaws, giving greater roles for blacks, Irish, Spanish, women, etc, whereas, India went from bad to worse and got beaten by every visitor, went further into a shell, didn't produce a single thought worthy of a country of that size, after Vedanta. Did not collaborate with the Arabs during their golden age.

All this made Indian civilization fall into mediocrity.

8 minutes ago, tokkale said:

please read my intellectual BS as if it makes profound sense ....I implore you "unwashed masses"... 

yeah sure. except I call my BS, BS. Only idiots like you like to pretend that it is intellectual.

3 minutes ago, VizagRocks said:

It doesn't matter if US wasn't around at the beginning of time. India sucks now. US rocks.

India is now conservative, self absorbed, ruled by radical Hindus, backed by radical but soft spoken middle class Hindus, and has no hope in hell to recover its glory days.

Perhaps when India was great once, the caste system was not quite rigid, and there was free flow of information on all sides.

US actually corrected its flaws, giving greater roles for blacks, Irish, Spanish, women, etc, whereas, India went from bad to worse and got beaten by every visitor, went further into a shell, didn't produce a single thought worthy of a country of that size, after Vedanta. Did not collaborate with the Arabs during their golden age.

All this made Indian civilization fall into mediocrity.

I don't want to argue. Its your opinion that India sucks.. and its your opinion if you feel good about standing in a line and get the visa at their mercy for staying here and working. 

the majority of india voted for so called radical hindus. infact you are going out of discussion and started abusing india. Well my friend if you *** dont like india - then surrender your passport and will see if any country  accepts you as a citizen. you might not have hope that india will get its glory days back but majority of its citizens like me  strongly do believe and will work those days atleast for the future generations.. and you please continue what you are doing..

you just stated US corrected its flaws.. why dont you give that chance to India and let the govt work for 5 full years.. Oh wait you need 100K salary immediately ? if you think you are really worth whatever salary you are getting , i *** feel India will definitely get back  to glory days ..