Kohli is the greatest Indian batsman of all time

tennisluvr

Just now, tennisluvr said:

@3$%

Yeah man appatlo papam Sachin couldn't even afford to buy pads to wear. 

but it is true. The game analytics is much more sophisticated now, and has led to overall improvement in standards in all aspects of the game.

2 minutes ago, uttermost said:

Perhaps its passion for the sport. but I dont really understand this passion thing for a sport that has millions of followers. I understand passion for a sport no one has heard of. 

Its mostly wish to be celebrated like all good cricketers are. 

Possibly. Your post reminds of a documentary I have watched about this guy that goes around the world trying to challenge people to beat him at the sport of arm wrestling. 

Little to no incentive, but that's what he loves so he keeps doing it. 

1 minute ago, tennisluvr said:

Absolutely incorrect. 

Sir Viv never sledged anyone while batting, he would however answer in kind and with interest to those that tried to sledge him. 

really? you really like to address people with these titles? :)

3 minutes ago, Batman_fan said:

It only works for Kohli. Not for everyone. If someone tries to imitate him, he is screwed. No one likes rude, aggressive, foul mounted behavior while building a career. Kohli  do that since his U19 days, so that's his natural game. See what happened to Rayudu. Kohli only does this when he is fielding. Not when he is batting. He is as much focused as Dravid I think when he is batting. This reminded me of great Viv Richards, who sledged bowlers while batting. No one could do that. 

It works for him because of his supreme confidence, the fact that he trusts more in his own game than the opponents ability to take his focus off it. That's such an amazing attitude to follow. And he's only rude, aggressive and perhaps foul mouthed towards those bullies that deserve it. You perhaps expect him to take the choices of abuses from the foul mouthed and often childish Aussie cricketing assholes and still put up a smile, that's how hypocrites usually function. 

Kohli isn't a hypocrite and he has no reason to let slide what bullies say, the fact that he stands up to bullies is what makes him so endearing. 

really? you really like to address people with these titles? :)

Maybe not personally but atleast I am going by what the media calls him these days. 

1 minute ago, tennisluvr said:

Absolutely incorrect. 

Sir Viv never sledged anyone while batting, he would however answer in kind and with interest to those that tried to sledge him. 

He never initiates. But he does sledge if someone initiates, even when he is batting. No one could do that even now. 

7 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

It works for him because of his supreme confidence, the fact that he trusts more in his own game than the opponents ability to take his focus off it. That's such an amazing attitude to follow. And he's only rude, aggressive and perhaps foul mouthed towards those bullies that deserve it. You perhaps expect him to take the choices of abuses from the foul mouthed and often childish Aussie cricketing assholes and still put up a smile, that's how hypocrites usually function. 

Kohli isn't a hypocrite and he has no reason to let slide what bullies say, the fact that he stands up to bullies is what makes him so endearing. 

You need to watch cricket more often and not just read headlines that talk about records. There are many incidents where Kohli initiated those. He needs to learn from Steve Smith. 

3 minutes ago, Batman_fan said:

He never initiates. But he does sledge if someone initiates, even when he is batting. No one could do that even now. 

That's awesome, the fact that he can walk the talk by standing up to such bullies. Kohli is in the same mould, which is why his attitude is awesome. 

1 minute ago, Batman_fan said:

You need to watch cricket more often and not just read headlines that talk about records. There are many incidents where Kohli initiated those. He needs to learn from Steve Smith. 

Perfect "gentleman" then. 

4 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Kohli is not classy when he does that. He seems childish. Ofcourse Aussie behaviour is childish, and can only be countered by similar team behavior, which Indian team is not mature enough to counter. When one person does it, it looks like he's overreaching. bad optics.

He's awesome when he congratulates the winning team when he's on the losing side. He's basically respectful of his opponents, but loses his cool when Aussie packs up their sledging game.

According to Dravid, its more annoying than disturbing. Kohli can learn to laugh their stupidity off.

Just now, tennisluvr said:

Perfect "gentleman" then. 

He looks like a fool, because he cannot do what Aussies do. Indian team doesn't have that level of camaraderie. I don't think any team in the world does.

1 minute ago, uttermost said:

He looks like a fool, because he cannot do what Aussies do. Indian team doesn't have that level of camaraderie. I don't think any team in the world does.

Not really, that's what Indian viewers would like to look at it as. However it seems to be working, and he gets under the skin of the Aussies so I think he's not being any more "foolish" than the ones that initiate this i.e., Aussies. 

I wish he develops his sledging strategy and comes up with something original. Trying to imitate Aussies is bad, because you can piss them off, but you won't look cool doing it.

I think that's one thing he can work on. Being cool while sledging others. He seems to have covered all other bases well. 

He would be a fool if he let that get to him and affect his game negatively. Since that doesn't seem to be happening, he's as foolish as the ones and not anymore than the ones that initiate these to begin with.